error creating startup disk

DaNa

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2003

in windows me, i've been trying to create a startup disk and i receive the
following error
the following error occurred "The file was not found"(error #2)
Set up could not finish opening a file on the source disk.
Source file C:\Program Files\CommonFiles\AOL\ACS\aspi2dos.sys
Destination file C:\WINEBDO.400\EBD\aspi2dis,sts=BASE2.CAB

Search for and locate the folder containing BASE2.CAB, usually either
C:\Windows\Options\Cabs or C;\Windows\Options\Install but it can be
elsewhere even sometimes on a different partition, and when the installer
asks for a file point the program at that folder.

If you are still unable to create a boot floppy you can download the image
of a Win Me OEM boot disk from www.bootdisk.com. Download to your desktop,
double click to run and follow the prompts to transfer the image to a
floppy.
--
Mike Maltby MS-MVP
mike.maltby@gmail.com

Dana <Dana @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> in windows me, i've been trying to create a startup disk and i
> receive the following error
> the following error occurred "The file was not found"(error #2)
> Set up could not finish opening a file on the source disk.
> Source file C:\Program Files\CommonFiles\AOL\ACS\aspi2dos.sys
> Destination file C:\WINEBDO.400\EBD\aspi2dis,sts=BASE2.CAB

DaNa

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2003

I tried your suggestion and it worked! Thank you so much, it was driving me
crazy and I couldn't find an answer anywhere. Thank you again.
Dana

"Mike M" wrote:

> Search for and locate the folder containing BASE2.CAB, usually either
> C:\Windows\Options\Cabs or C;\Windows\Options\Install but it can be
> elsewhere even sometimes on a different partition, and when the installer
> asks for a file point the program at that folder.
>
> If you are still unable to create a boot floppy you can download the image
> of a Win Me OEM boot disk from www.bootdisk.com. Download to your desktop,
> double click to run and follow the prompts to transfer the image to a
> floppy.
> --
> Mike Maltby MS-MVP
> mike.maltby@gmail.com
>

> Dana <Dana @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > in windows me, i've been trying to create a startup disk and i
> > receive the following error
> > the following error occurred "The file was not found"(error #2)
> > Set up could not finish opening a file on the source disk.
> > Source file C:\Program Files\CommonFiles\AOL\ACS\aspi2dos.sys
> > Destination file C:\WINEBDO.400\EBD\aspi2dis,sts=BASE2.CAB

Dana,

Glad to have been able to help.
--
Mike Maltby MS-MVP
mike.maltby@gmail.com

"Dana" <Dana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

>I tried your suggestion and it worked! Thank you so much, it was driving
>me
> crazy and I couldn't find an answer anywhere. Thank you again.

TRENDING THREADS