error creating startup disk

in windows me, i've been trying to create a startup disk and i receive the
following error
the following error occurred "The file was not found"(error #2)
Set up could not finish opening a file on the source disk.
Source file C:\Program Files\CommonFiles\AOL\ACS\aspi2dos.sys
Destination file C:\WINEBDO.400\EBD\aspi2dis,sts=BASE2.CAB
3 answers Last reply
More about error creating startup disk

    Search for and locate the folder containing BASE2.CAB, usually either
    C:\Windows\Options\Cabs or C;\Windows\Options\Install but it can be
    elsewhere even sometimes on a different partition, and when the installer
    asks for a file point the program at that folder.

    If you are still unable to create a boot floppy you can download the image
    of a Win Me OEM boot disk from www.bootdisk.com. Download to your desktop,
    double click to run and follow the prompts to transfer the image to a
    floppy.
    --
    Mike Maltby MS-MVP
    mike.maltby@gmail.com

    Dana <Dana @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    > in windows me, i've been trying to create a startup disk and i
    > receive the following error
    > the following error occurred "The file was not found"(error #2)
    > Set up could not finish opening a file on the source disk.
    > Source file C:\Program Files\CommonFiles\AOL\ACS\aspi2dos.sys
    > Destination file C:\WINEBDO.400\EBD\aspi2dis,sts=BASE2.CAB

    I tried your suggestion and it worked! Thank you so much, it was driving me
    crazy and I couldn't find an answer anywhere. Thank you again.
    Dana

    "Mike M" wrote:

    > Search for and locate the folder containing BASE2.CAB, usually either
    > C:\Windows\Options\Cabs or C;\Windows\Options\Install but it can be
    > elsewhere even sometimes on a different partition, and when the installer
    > asks for a file point the program at that folder.
    >
    > If you are still unable to create a boot floppy you can download the image
    > of a Win Me OEM boot disk from www.bootdisk.com. Download to your desktop,
    > double click to run and follow the prompts to transfer the image to a
    > floppy.
    > --
    > Mike Maltby MS-MVP
    > mike.maltby@gmail.com
    >

    > Dana <Dana @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    > > in windows me, i've been trying to create a startup disk and i
    > > receive the following error
    > > the following error occurred "The file was not found"(error #2)
    > > Set up could not finish opening a file on the source disk.
    > > Source file C:\Program Files\CommonFiles\AOL\ACS\aspi2dos.sys
    > > Destination file C:\WINEBDO.400\EBD\aspi2dis,sts=BASE2.CAB

    Dana,

    Glad to have been able to help.
    --
    Mike Maltby MS-MVP
    mike.maltby@gmail.com

    "Dana" <Dana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

    >I tried your suggestion and it worked! Thank you so much, it was driving
    >me
    > crazy and I couldn't find an answer anywhere. Thank you again.

Windows Me Microsoft Windows