frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Is it possible to load a mini-Ipod from a Windows ME system ?

I know the Ipod product states that you need XP or 2000 with SP4 (I
think)...
but I was wondering if there was any way of frigging to get it to connect
to ME.

thanks

For iPod support in WinME/98Se check this out:

http://www.mediafour.com/products/xplay/xplaywinme98se.asp

Frank wrote:
> Is it possible to load a mini-Ipod from a Windows ME system ?
>
> I know the Ipod product states that you need XP or 2000 with SP4 (I
> think)...
> but I was wondering if there was any way of frigging to get it to
> connect to ME.

Not AFAIK - you should have read the label on the box!

--
Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

"Frank" <frank@harrysplace.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to load a mini-Ipod from a Windows ME system ?
>
> I know the Ipod product states that you need XP or 2000 with SP4 (I
> think)...
> but I was wondering if there was any way of frigging to get it to connect
> to ME.
>
> thanks

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

thanks Noel.

Its ok I did read the label on the box.

I have not bought one, but was checking to see whether I would necessarily
have to upgrade, if a family member did choose to get one.

> Not AFAIK - you should have read the label on the box!
>
> --
> Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)
>
> Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
> http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

> "Frank" <frank@harrysplace.com> wrote in message
> > Is it possible to load a mini-Ipod from a Windows ME system ?
> >
> > I know the Ipod product states that you need XP or 2000 with SP4 (I
> > think)...
> > but I was wondering if there was any way of frigging to get it to
connect
> > to ME.
> >
> > thanks

See Ogg's response - seems there is a cure out there (even if not a free
one!)

--

Noel Paton wrote:
> See Ogg's response - seems there is a cure out there (even if not a
> free one!)

PMFJI.. for a "free" solution, other competitive mp3 players would be a good
alternative. Personally I use a CreativeLabs player. There are no
restricted Windows version issues.

Explore the products here:

http://us.creative.com/welcome.asp

http://www.nomadworld.com/