Apple, Samsung Trial Reveals Dozens of iPhone Prototypes

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolley74

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2011
those should only be valid if they intend to use the design, if not it's useless and just there to remove innovation

davewolfgang

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
So Samsung is working on something that's DIFFERENT (i.e. - better) than the iMaxiPad - but yet iCrapple is going to "claim" patent infringement???!??!?!??!?

Hey Judge - find the person who APPROVED these stupid patents and have them strung up, and VOID the patents!!!!

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
Actually, the skinny iPhone(the one that is second from the bottom) would be just about the only modern apple product I would buy, I like it for some reason... prolly because it actually looks like a frickin phone....

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
The Samsung prototypes are more interesting.

The fandroids/haters all claim "there's only so many ways to make a touchscreen smartphone." Well, Samsung showed numerous ways to make a smartphone and none of their prototypes looked anything like an iPhone, proving there are lots of ways to make a smartphone.

The trouble is, they never used any of their prototypes, and the original Galaxy S looks like an iPhone and nothing at all like their prototypes. Samsung might have shot themselves in the foot by showing their prototypes.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
how hard would it be to design the iphone...

get told how much space is required, as in, chips, screen and such.

get block of wood, a saw, and sandpaper, and sand the everloveing crap out of it, untill it is comfortable to hold and big enough for the chips to be inside... and they have 15 people doing this and ONLY THIS... my god, they are either morons or scam artists.

jecastej

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2006
The iPhone is so lame and pathetic, so obvious in an extremely diverse industry, Samsung had just the same idea years ago among others and they came to the exact same conclusion or visual synthesis Apple did. But a coincidence?... (Sarcasm)

At least if Apple wins you will have more choices and you will be able to say: I like this unique device.
By the way I am not looking for any approval in here.

jimmyjohnz

Honorable
May 14, 2012
How is confirming that Samsung is working on a tablet that is bigger and has a higher resolution a bad thing for Samsung? Did Apple patent pushing the limit for mobile display resolution? Stop with the one sided reporting.

dauntekong

Distinguished
May 26, 2011
Ummm ok... none of these prototype and phones look anywhere near or close to Samsungs... So how's it that Samsung is copying Apple...

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]how hard would it be to design the iphone...get told how much space is required, as in, chips, screen and such.get block of wood, a saw, and sandpaper, and sand the everloveing crap out of it, untill it is comfortable to hold and big enough for the chips to be inside... and they have 15 people doing this and ONLY THIS... my god, they are either morons or scam artists.[/citation]

Samsung claims to have 1,000 designers.

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
[citation][nom]dauntekong[/nom]Ummm ok... none of these prototype and phones look anywhere near or close to Samsungs... So how's it that Samsung is copying Apple...[/citation]

Say what? These are in-house prototypes that nobody has seen until now. How could Samsung copy something they've never seen?

However, the Galaxy S looks like an iPhone. And it looks nothing like previous Samsung phones or prototypes.

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
I don`t get it how these trials are even here to begin with, is just like Sony suing Panasonic and Samsung , LG etc etc over the shape of a TV, only Apple`s unlimited greed could actually come up with bullshit like this. Till Apple we didn`t had companies suing each other in the phone market, everybody tried to beat the competition even if all the companies were producing a rectangular device with about the same number of buttons on it and a screen to make phone calls. Apple joins the phone market, hipsters pisses their pants over the shiny new thing, and hell is unleashed because apple is fueled with money from the desire of people to buy such a phone just to impress their friends because they can afford one. Instead of crying because Samsung is copying they should use that fukin money spent on lawyers on further research, but of course they have to defend their rectangle.

G

Wow, things keep looking worse for Samsuck. Such blatant thieves.

Apple even had the same design as the Lumia phone before the Lumia was released. I wonder if an Apple engineer defected to Nokia and stole that, too? I doubt it, as I can't imagine someone would leave Apple to go to the sinking ship that is Nokia, but it's pretty interesting.

After Apple wins the open and shut case that this trial is, hopefully Samsuck will focus on creating great components and quits stealing from its business partners. And hopefully WP8 rocks, because Apple really has zero competition right now and is honestly getting kind of stagnant.

NightbladeXX

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2007
[citation][nom]ohim[/nom]I don`t get it how these trials are even here to begin with, is just like Sony suing Panasonic and Samsung , LG etc etc over the shape of a TV, only Apple`s unlimited greed could actually come up with bullshit like this. Till Apple we didn`t had companies suing each other in the phone market, everybody tried to beat the competition even if all the companies were producing a rectangular device with about the same number of buttons on it and a screen to make phone calls. Apple joins the phone market, hipsters pisses their pants over the shiny new thing, and hell is unleashed because apple is fueled with money from the desire of people to buy such a phone just to impress their friends because they can afford one. Instead of crying because Samsung is copying they should use that fukin money spent on lawyers on further research, but of course they have to defend their rectangle.[/citation]

Just wait til Apple releases the stupid tv, then you will have crapple suing sony, samsung, and etc for rectangularish tvs

ohim

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
[citation][nom]WP8_IS_GREAT08[/nom]Wow, things keep looking worse for Samsuck. Such blatant thieves.Apple even had the same design as the Lumia phone before the Lumia was released. I wonder if an Apple engineer defected to Nokia and stole that, too? I doubt it, as I can't imagine someone would leave Apple to go to the sinking ship that is Nokia, but it's pretty interesting.After Apple wins the open and shut case that this trial is, hopefully Samsuck will focus on creating great components and quits stealing from its business partners. And hopefully WP8 rocks, because Apple really has zero competition right now and is honestly getting kind of stagnant.[/citation]
Samsuck is making some of your Crapple`s insides you idiot.

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
[citation][nom]ericburnby[/nom]However, the Galaxy S looks like an iPhone. And it looks nothing like previous Samsung phones or prototypes.[/citation]
I own Samsung Galaxy S and I wonder exactly what did you smoke before stating this nonsense.

G

Aaaand none of those look ANYTHING like the samsung. Remember, the judge kicked out all the prior art that Apple COPIED. Apple copies everything. Apple has not made anything new since dos.

G

[citation][nom]ohim[/nom]Samsuck is making some of your Crapple`s insides you idiot.[/citation]

Which is why I said [citation][nom]WP8_lS_GREAT08[/nom]hopefully Samsuck will focus on creating great components and quits stealing from its business partners.[/citation]

I always just assumed people dumb enough to buy Samsuck branded (copied / stolen) products were extremely low IQ fools that cannot read.

Thank you for proving this, son!

Status
Not open for further replies.