Networking at home

I have a Windows ME and a Windows 98 computer that I would like to
network together. I've attached a Firewire cable to them both; little
green light is lit next to both, but neither computer seems to know
that the other exists. I've tried the Home Networking Wizard and the
Direct Cable Connection, but neither worked or even indicated anything
about Firewire connections. I have spent days searching the internet
and Microsoft to no avail. Please help.

In article <1109053006.916161.87500@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, zurls
says...

> I have a Windows ME and a Windows 98 computer that I would like to
> network together. I've attached a Firewire cable to them both; little
> green light is lit next to both, but neither computer seems to know
> that the other exists. I've tried the Home Networking Wizard and the
> Direct Cable Connection, but neither worked or even indicated anything
> about Firewire connections. I have spent days searching the internet
> and Microsoft to no avail. Please help.

I know that a special USB cable is needed for USB to USB Direct Cable
Connection. Maybe the same for Firewire? I don't use either, preferring an
Ethernet LAN connection of the computers. A two computer LAN starter kit
shouldn't cost over $50.

--
Norman
~Fin dein a loluca, En dragu a sei lain

http://www.helmig.com/
http://www.wown.com/
http://www.wown.com/j_helmig/usbmain.htm

Search the sites, all kind of good information there.

I'm not so sure that this Firewire/USB business is the best way to go
about networking pc's, especially older pc's like w98. If you ask me
Ethernet Cables and good NIC's (Network Interphase Cards) are really
cheap and that's the way I would go. But that's just my opinion,
nothing more, and probably only worth 2 cents or less to you.

John