Deleting an Entry

Can someone tell me how to delete an entry
under Msconfig's Startup Tab?
Thanks.

RatherKnott <RatherKnott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Can someone tell me how to delete an entry
> under Msconfig's Startup Tab?
> Thanks.

The preferred method is to disable the start up option in the application
itself which has created this entry. If however the application has no
options or preferences tab where you can make this change then you can
remove the entry by editing the registry using regedit as follows:

Checked entries are located in one of
[Registry (Per-User Run)]
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

[Registry (Machine Run)]
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

[Registry (Machine Service)]
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices

And unchecked entries in
[Registry (Per-User Run)]
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run-

[Registry (Machine Run)]
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run-

[Registry (Machine Service)]
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices-

In addition checked entries might also be located in

C:\Windows\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
and
C:\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

and unchecked entries in

C:\Windows\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Disabled Startup Items
and
C:\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Disabled Startup Items

Where:
HKLM = HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
HKCR = HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT
HKCU = HKEY_CURRENT_USER