System 32/driver/PCI.SYS is corrupted or unreadable"

My son is having a problem with his Gateway computer. He is running
Windows XP.

It seems when he goes to boot up he gets a message: "System
32/driver/PCI.SYS is corrupted or unreadable" and he can't go any
further.

Any idea what this is all about and how to fix it?
1 answer Last reply
More about system driver corrupted unreadable

    http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBK/tip5400/rh5410.htm

    "Frank" <frank927@aol-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
    > My son is having a problem with his Gateway computer. He is running
    > Windows XP.
    >
    > It seems when he goes to boot up he gets a message: "System
    > 32/driver/PCI.SYS is corrupted or unreadable" and he can't go any
    > further.
    >
    > Any idea what this is all about and how to fix it?

Homebuilt PCI Systems