hard drive shuts down system

I've never encountered this one before. I have a rack system for a second
hard drive. My friend tells me that his hard drive crashed and asks if I
can take a look at it. When I try to power up the drive, the entire pc
shuts down. It's a Western Digital WD200EB 20GB drive. Has anyone
encountered anything like this and what are my options? Thanks for all

>I've never encountered this one before. I have a rack system for a second
>hard drive. My friend tells me that his hard drive crashed and asks if I
>can take a look at it. When I try to power up the drive, the entire pc
>shuts down. It's a Western Digital WD200EB 20GB drive. Has anyone
>encountered anything like this and what are my options? Thanks for all

My customer had a PC hit by lightning. I could boot in DOS and see the
files but couldn't get to Windows. So to get the data back I hooked it
to my desktop. It made my PC reboot and when it did said that I had no
OS on my drive. Last time I do that.