Biostar M7NCG-400 motherboard

george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001

Hi,
I had someone recommend the Biostar M7NCG-400 motherboard and he seems to
like it. I want to build a low cost, not high performance system. Can I get
others that have this board or have built systems with it, to give me some
opinions on it, good and bad?

thanks,
Geo

On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 15:35:22 GMT, "George" <staylor9@twcny.rr.com>
wrote:

>Hi,
>I had someone recommend the Biostar M7NCG-400 motherboard and he seems to
>like it. I want to build a low cost, not high performance system. Can I get
>others that have this board or have built systems with it, to give me some
>opinions on it, good and bad?
>
>thanks,
>Geo

I have half a dozen and they are pretty good. There is a problem with
the shared memory for the onboard video. After a long time the system
gets an error from a memory sharing violation. Adding any kind of PCI
video card solves this.

Hi,

Haven't used that particular model but have found Biostar to be very
reliable on the two computers I've built with the M7NCD model at the
beginning of the year. However, if you'd like to read 267 reviews by Newegg
customers of this board click over to their site. The majority seem to
rather like it.

--
Jan Alter
bearpuf@verizon.net