DirectX

Sean

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Just had a look and would like to remove the above from my laptop.

Really not interested in gaming on this nor have the capablilty of watching
video either.

Any way of removing the above item.

Also, within this newsgroup. I always have to tab down to english. Is there
a way to recognize preferences for this?

Thanks

DirectX is an integral part of the operating system and cannot be removed.
As to how you access this newsgroup, you would probably find it a lot
easier if you were to use a proper news reader/client rather than using
the web interface.
--
Mike Maltby MS-MVP
mike.maltby@gmail.com

Sean <Sean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Just had a look and would like to remove the above from my laptop.
>
> Really not interested in gaming on this nor have the capablilty of
> watching video either.
>
> Any way of removing the above item.
>
> Also, within this newsgroup. I always have to tab down to english. Is
> there a way to recognize preferences for this?
>
> Thanks

Sean

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Mike, thanks. Outlook Express has those features. Does Outlook?

> As to how you access this newsgroup, you would probably find it a lot
> easier if you were to use a proper news reader/client rather than using
> the web interface.

Sort of - because Outlook uses OE as its newsreader!<g>

--
Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

"Sean" <Sean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Mike, thanks. Outlook Express has those features. Does Outlook?
>

>> As to how you access this newsgroup, you would probably find it a lot
>> easier if you were to use a proper news reader/client rather than using
>> the web interface.

DirectX is not just used for gaming. It is integrated within Windows so you
can't remove it.