add/remove

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
Share
February 27, 2005 1:47:01 AM

mmm. Well used a tweak UI program lately to clean up some of the items
showing on the start>programs list and seem to recall that I removed items
from the add/remove as well.

Now Sony has come out with a few items that they have updated and now cannot
find the uninstall that I may have removed from this add/remove list.

Is there a utility where I can run that would identify older programs that I
could use to evalute and remove items from windows?

Thanks

More about : add remove

Anonymous
February 27, 2005 11:20:50 PM

You could ask Sony or you can supply more information on the program
and version and someone may know what the Uninstall key you removed
was like. (A bit of a long shot, but you never know)

....Alan

--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html

In microsoft.public.windowsme.general, "Sean"
<Sean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>mmm. Well used a tweak UI program lately to clean up some of the items
>showing on the start>programs list and seem to recall that I removed items
>from the add/remove as well.
>
>Now Sony has come out with a few items that they have updated and now cannot
>find the uninstall that I may have removed from this add/remove list.
>
>Is there a utility where I can run that would identify older programs that I
>could use to evalute and remove items from windows?
>
>Thanks
February 27, 2005 11:20:51 PM

Thanks Alan, well ... there are some other programs as well.

Not too sure where these items would be under this add/remove. Basically had
the option to remove them from that list.

The particular program I was asked to uninstall prior to the new download
was openmj jukebox.

But I was messing around with PGP the other day and would like to ensure
everything gets uninstalled as well.

Thanks
February 28, 2005 8:52:49 AM

No idea why you don't quote messages any more but I have never heard
of "openmj jukebox" and suggest you supply more information.

The Add/Remove items would have been in the Registry under the
Uninstall key but that is academic as you removed them.
There may be details in the program's folder or on the web site.

Have you considered a System Restore?

....Alan

--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html

In microsoft.public.windowsme.general, "Sean"
<Sean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Thanks Alan, well ... there are some other programs as well.
>
>Not too sure where these items would be under this add/remove. Basically had
>the option to remove them from that list.
>
>The particular program I was asked to uninstall prior to the new download
>was openmj jukebox.
>
>But I was messing around with PGP the other day and would like to ensure
>everything gets uninstalled as well.
>
>Thanks
February 28, 2005 8:52:50 AM

It's OpenMG, Alan. Though I don't use it. My brother-in-law has it. It's
Sony's WMP alternative that comes with, eg their MP3 players.

Shane

"Alan Edwards" <edwards@southcom.com.au> wrote in message
> No idea why you don't quote messages any more but I have never heard
> of "openmj jukebox" and suggest you supply more information.
>
> The Add/Remove items would have been in the Registry under the
> Uninstall key but that is academic as you removed them.
> There may be details in the program's folder or on the web site.
>
> Have you considered a System Restore?
>
> ...Alan
>
> --
> Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
> http://dts-l.org/index.html
>
> In microsoft.public.windowsme.general, "Sean"
> <Sean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Thanks Alan, well ... there are some other programs as well.
> >
> >Not too sure where these items would be under this add/remove. Basically
had
> >the option to remove them from that list.
> >
> >The particular program I was asked to uninstall prior to the new download
> >was openmj jukebox.
> >
> >But I was messing around with PGP the other day and would like to ensure
> >everything gets uninstalled as well.
> >
> >Thanks

Anonymous
February 28, 2005 6:10:22 PM