Which Type of Memory Chips Should I Use?

Last response: in Systems
a b B Homebuilt system
a b V Motherboard
a b } Memory
December 2, 2004 1:13:00 PM

I need to get 1GB memory for this motherboard:

Gigabyte GA-K8NS Ultra-939 for AMD 64 3000+ (Winchester core)

According to the motherboard specification, I am suppose to get this
type of memory chips:

4x DIMM Supports dual channel DDR266/333/400 Max 4GB

When I go to the mail order site, I find that they sell these type of
memory chips:

168pin SDRAM DIMM
184pin DDR DIMM
184pin RDRAM RIMM (16bit)
240pin DDR2 DIMM

Which one is the right one?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Jay Chan

More about : type memory chips

Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
a b V Motherboard
a b } Memory
December 2, 2004 5:31:18 PM

"Jay Chan" <jaykchan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I need to get 1GB memory for this motherboard:
>
> Gigabyte GA-K8NS Ultra-939 for AMD 64 3000+ (Winchester core)
>
> According to the motherboard specification, I am suppose to get this
> type of memory chips:
>
> 4x DIMM Supports dual channel DDR266/333/400 Max 4GB
>
> When I go to the mail order site, I find that they sell these type of
> memory chips:
>
> 168pin SDRAM DIMM
> 184pin RDRAM RIMM (16bit)
> 240pin DDR2 DIMM
>
> Which one is the right one?
>
> Thanks in advance for any info.
>
> Jay Chan

That second one. Oh, and you want DDR400 (PC3200), preferably CL2.5 or
smaller. You might want to buy TWO sticks, to run them in dual channel
(don't have to be matched pairs, but can be purchased in matched
airs) -Dave
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
a b V Motherboard
a b } Memory
December 3, 2004 10:02:54 AM

> > 4x DIMM Supports dual channel DDR266/333/400 Max 4GB

> That second one. Oh, and you want DDR400 (PC3200), preferably CL2.5 or
> smaller. You might want to buy TWO sticks, to run them in dual channel
> (don't have to be matched pairs, but can be purchased in matched
> airs) -Dave

Thanks for the info. I will go look for it.

Jay Chan
!