Will Reinstalling Windows Delete Anything Important?

Will reinstalling Windows (due to Ybrowser errors) delete anything important
like address books, e-mails, printer drivers, and most importantly, DSL
software?

Thanks in advance,

Shannon
4 answers Last reply
More about will reinstalling windows delete important

    It would be better though for you to fix the errors you are having than to
    reinstall Win Me over itself. I you do decide to reinstall Win Me then it
    is ESSENTIAL that you first uninstall Internet Explorer 6, if installed,
    and rename the file wmploc.dll to wmploc.old if you have Windows Media
    Player 9 installed.

    You may also want to have a look at Rob McGregor's notes on reinstalling
    Win me which can be found on Noel Paton's site at
    http://www.btinternet.com/~winnoel/reinME.htm
    --
    Mike Maltby MS-MVP
    mike.maltby@gmail.com

    Shannon <Shannon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    > Will reinstalling Windows (due to Ybrowser errors) delete anything
    > important like address books, e-mails, printer drivers, and most
    > importantly, DSL software?
    >
    > Thanks in advance,

    Are you able to answer Ybrowser problem questions?

    "Mike M" wrote:

    > It would be better though for you to fix the errors you are having than to
    > reinstall Win Me over itself. I you do decide to reinstall Win Me then it
    > is ESSENTIAL that you first uninstall Internet Explorer 6, if installed,
    > and rename the file wmploc.dll to wmploc.old if you have Windows Media
    > Player 9 installed.
    >
    > You may also want to have a look at Rob McGregor's notes on reinstalling
    > Win me which can be found on Noel Paton's site at
    > http://www.btinternet.com/~winnoel/reinME.htm
    > --
    > Mike Maltby MS-MVP
    > mike.maltby@gmail.com
    >

    > Shannon <Shannon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    > > Will reinstalling Windows (due to Ybrowser errors) delete anything
    > > important like address books, e-mails, printer drivers, and most
    > > importantly, DSL software?
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance,

    Are you running either (or both) of the Yahoo Messenger system or the Yahoo
    Toolbar?? I had problems with both of them with WinME.

    Just a thought......Heather

    "Shannon" <Shannon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Are you able to answer Ybrowser problem questions?
    >
    > "Mike M" wrote:
    >
    > > It would be better though for you to fix the errors you are having than
    > > reinstall Win Me over itself. I you do decide to reinstall Win Me then
    it
    > > is ESSENTIAL that you first uninstall Internet Explorer 6, if installed,
    > > and rename the file wmploc.dll to wmploc.old if you have Windows Media
    > > Player 9 installed.
    > >
    > > You may also want to have a look at Rob McGregor's notes on reinstalling
    > > Win me which can be found on Noel Paton's site at
    > > http://www.btinternet.com/~winnoel/reinME.htm
    > > --
    > > Mike Maltby MS-MVP
    > > mike.maltby@gmail.com
    > >

    > > Shannon <Shannon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    > >
    > > > Will reinstalling Windows (due to Ybrowser errors) delete anything
    > > > important like address books, e-mails, printer drivers, and most
    > > > importantly, DSL software?
    > > >
    > > > Thanks in advance,

    I don't use Yahoo's browser and not knowing what your problems in using it
    might be it's probably best for me to say no. However if you were to
    provide details of your problems then maybe I could help you and if not
    I'm sure that someone else will be able to help you.
    --
    Mike Maltby MS-MVP
    mike.maltby@gmail.com

    Shannon <Shannon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    > Are you able to answer Ybrowser problem questions?

Microsoft Windows