"Operating System Not Found" - revisited

Last response: in Systems
a b B Homebuilt system
December 3, 2004 3:54:16 PM

Whew what a long road this has been! I finally got info that the drive
is a Fujitsu MHF2043AT. Went to Fujitsu and downloaded their disk
diagnostic and ran and it everything came up roses.

So the only thing that I can think of is that the drive is loose and
not making contact all the time. I have re-seated it and pushed it in
as far as it will go without crushing the drive itself. I tightened
all the little screws around it. I looked at the connector on the
drive and on the laptop but could not see any bent or damaged pins and
no way to make the connection tighter, short of jamming a piece of
wood in there. :p

Fujitse had no FAQ relating to this problem, and their real person
chat seems to be out of commission. Didn't see any email addy.

Oh, yeah, the status code reported by the diagnostic was: B000F4 if
that means anything to anyone.

Thanks for the help.

--
The Seabat
Anonymous

seabat <seabat@boardermail.com> wrote:

>Whew what a long road this has been! I finally got info that the
>drive is a Fujitsu MHF2043AT. Went to Fujitsu and downloaded their
>disk diagnostic and ran and it everything came up roses.
>So the only thing that I can think of is that the drive is

Apparently the drive is working just fine. Why wouldn't you accept
the diagnostic results?

loose and
>not making contact all the time. I have re-seated it and pushed it
>in as far as it will go without crushing the drive itself. I
>tightened all the little screws around it. I looked at the
>connector on the drive and on the laptop but could not see any bent
>or damaged pins and no way to make the connection tighter, short of
>jamming a piece of wood in there. :p
>
>Fujitse had no FAQ relating to this problem, and their real person
>chat seems to be out of commission. Didn't see any email addy.
>
>Oh, yeah, the status code reported by the diagnostic was: B000F4 if
>that means anything to anyone.
>
>Thanks for the help.

Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
December 4, 2004 10:25:11 AM

On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 01:45:06 GMT, John Doe
<jdoe@usenet.is.the.real.thing> wrote:

>>>Apparently the drive is working just fine. Why wouldn't you accept
>>>the diagnostic results?

Because every once in a while when I boot it up, I get a "Operating
System Not Found" message. The HD would not show up in the BIOS at
all. It's like it is all there and running 5X5 or there is zilch for a
HD. :)
Irritating!

--
The Seabat
Anonymous

seabat <seabat@boardermail.com> wrote in

> Because every once in a while when I boot it up, I get a
> "Operating System Not Found" message. The HD would not show
> up in the BIOS at all. It's like it is all there and
> running 5X5 or there is zilch for a HD. :)
> Irritating!

I've had this problem because I swap drives out a lot.
The ribbon goes bad. Couldn't hurt to try a new ribbon
connector.
!