Debug error?

Bird

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2004

I have Windows ME, and today when I attempt to log onto
internet (Comcast web site) I get a runtime error:

"Runtime Error - do you wish to debug? line 38 error:
object expected"
When I select "yes", I get the following message:

An exception 'Runtime Error' has occurred in Script.
However no debuggers are registered that can debug this
exception. Unable to JIT debug"

Then it goes back to the first message, and I have to
select "no" about 8 or 9 times before it goes away, but
some of the comcast web site does not show up.

What is the fix and where do I go to get it?

Try going into Internet Options, Advanced tab and put a check mark by
Disable Script Debugging. If it is already checked, then I don't know.
Heirloom, old and bet that is it

"Bird" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have Windows ME, and today when I attempt to log onto
> internet (Comcast web site) I get a runtime error:
>
> "Runtime Error - do you wish to debug? line 38 error:
> object expected"
> When I select "yes", I get the following message:
>
> An exception 'Runtime Error' has occurred in Script.
> However no debuggers are registered that can debug this
> exception. Unable to JIT debug"
>
> Then it goes back to the first message, and I have to
> select "no" about 8 or 9 times before it goes away, but
> some of the comcast web site does not show up.
>
> What is the fix and where do I go to get it?

Heirloom:

You have to take it one step further and uncheck "Disable notification about
script error".
If that then doesn't resolve it, some kind of malware is present and
scanning with Bazooka Adware, Spybot or similar spyware removal tools is
recommended.
Hope this helps.

Harry.

"heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote in message
> Try going into Internet Options, Advanced tab and put a check mark by
> Disable Script Debugging. If it is already checked, then I don't know.
> Heirloom, old and bet that is it
>

> "Bird" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have Windows ME, and today when I attempt to log onto
> > internet (Comcast web site) I get a runtime error:
> >
> > "Runtime Error - do you wish to debug? line 38 error:
> > object expected"
> > When I select "yes", I get the following message:
> >
> > An exception 'Runtime Error' has occurred in Script.
> > However no debuggers are registered that can debug this
> > exception. Unable to JIT debug"
> >
> > Then it goes back to the first message, and I have to
> > select "no" about 8 or 9 times before it goes away, but
> > some of the comcast web site does not show up.
> >
> > What is the fix and where do I go to get it?

Well, I only have "Disable Script Debugging" checked........."Disable
notification..." is empty. I just figured if it ain't debugging......it
ain't gonna find any errors. Anyway, just the one check works for me.
Heirloom, old and don't write any more checks than I
have to.