is this drive motor bad?

This post is related to my earlier post regarding the hard drive that shuts
my system down when I try to fire it up. I took a picture of the underneath
of the drive motor. I'm not sure if it's a burn mark or what. Could anyone
take a look at the picture and give me a confirmation of whether this is
normal or not. Thanks for all responses.

You can view the picture here:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/martywill/misc/drivemotor.jpg

"Martin Williams" <martywill@comcast.net> wrote in message news:<r7udnWW6QLQeQi3cRVn-2g@comcast.com>...
> This post is related to my earlier post regarding the hard drive that shuts
> my system down when I try to fire it up. I took a picture of the underneath
> of the drive motor. I'm not sure if it's a burn mark or what. Could anyone
> take a look at the picture and give me a confirmation of whether this is
> normal or not. Thanks for all responses.
>
> You can view the picture here:
>
> http://mywebpages.comcast.net/martywill/misc/drivemotor.jpg

Unless one has the same drive and knows what it normally looks like,
it's rather hard to tell. Now if the lighting was from the opposite
direction to that in the picture (from the lower right instead of
upper left), it just might be possible to judge it better.

FWIW, it doesn't look like a burn mark to me. Looks more like a blob
of solder flux or protective translucent epoxy.