ms dos errors on startup

Sean

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Ive been trying to delete the splash screen. Still not quite certain where to
insert file and now I get the following errors during startup.

Invalid setting in the ms dos file and lists each item below.

[Option]
BootMulti=1
BootGUI=1
AutoScan=1
WinVer=4.90.3000

Any suggestions; Ive tried to put in logo=0 in where option is but that
didnt work and when I go back to type in option I received the above errors.

Thank you

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I dual-boot ME and XP Pro - the following is a copy of my MSDOS.SYS file. Is
the read-only attribute turned off so that you can modify the file?

[Paths]
WinDir=D:\WINDOWS
WinBootDir=D:\WINDOWS
HostWinBootDrv=D
UninstallDir=G:\

[Options]
AutoScan=1
BootDelay=1
BootGUI=0
BootKeys=1
BootMenu=0
BootMenuDefault=1
BootMenuDelay=25
BootMulti=1
BootSafe=0
BootWarn=1
BootWin=1
DblSpace=0
DisableLog=1
DrvSpace=0
Logo=0
LoadTop=0
WinVer=4.90.3000

"Sean" <Sean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Ive been trying to delete the splash screen. Still not quite certain where
> insert file and now I get the following errors during startup.
>
> Invalid setting in the ms dos file and lists each item below.
>
> [Option]
> BootMulti=1
> BootGUI=1
> AutoScan=1
> WinVer=4.90.3000
>
> Any suggestions; Ive tried to put in logo=0 in where option is but that
> didnt work and when I go back to type in option I received the above
> errors.
>
> Thank you

I didn't notice it before but you have changed [Options] to [Option]
Change it back and put Logo=0 at the end of the [Options] section as
instructed.

[Options]
BootMulti=1
BootGUI=1
AutoScan=1
WinVer=4.90.3000
Logo=0

....Alan

--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html

In microsoft.public.windowsme.general, "Sean"