Connect Parallel Printer to USB ?

Stupid Question Time:

Is there an easy way to connect and use a printer that has only a parallel
connector to a computer USB port? Is there an adaptor for this type of
thing?

- Magnusfarce

Thanks, everyone. I guess a little more effort on Google would have paid
off.

- Magnusfarce

In article <G-ednVmqhJMhCi7cRVn-rw@adelphia.com>,
Magnusfarce <magnusfarce@adelphia.net> wrote:
>Stupid Question Time:
>
>Is there an easy way to connect and use a printer that has only a parallel
>connector to a computer USB port? Is there an adaptor for this type of
>thing?

Magnusfarce,
You have 2 options here. You can add a PCI card (SIIG) that gives you a
parallel port, and there are adaptor converters. No idea how the adapter
will work.

--
Rich Greenberg N6LRT Marietta, GA, USA richgr atsign panix.com + 1 770 321 6507
Eastern time zone. I speak for myself & my dogs only. VM'er since CP-67

you need to get a buslink usb-parallel cable. it has software with it
that you have to run in on your computer.
John.H.

Magnusfarce wrote:
> Stupid Question Time:
>
> Is there an easy way to connect and use a printer that has only a parallel
> connector to a computer USB port? Is there an adaptor for this type of
> thing?
>
> - Magnusfarce

Not that I know of.

--
DaveW

"Magnusfarce" <magnusfarce@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> Stupid Question Time:
>
> Is there an easy way to connect and use a printer that has only a parallel
> connector to a computer USB port? Is there an adaptor for this type of
> thing?
>
> - Magnusfarce

go to google and type in (usb to parallel adapter).And you can see the
cable you will need.
John.H