SpyBot Update 03/03/05

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
a b 8 Security
March 4, 2005 1:21:04 AM

http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=12073

Silj

--
siljaline

MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security (AH-VSOP)
Security Tools Updates
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31

(Reply to group, as return address
is invalid - that we may all benefit)

More about : spybot update

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
March 4, 2005 1:26:58 AM

Thanks, silj.
Heirloom, old and headed that way

P.S. The jacket looks good on you

"siljaline" <siljaline@nospam.com> wrote in message
> http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=12073
>
> Silj
>

> --
> siljaline
>
> MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security (AH-VSOP)
> Security Tools Updates
> http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31
>
> (Reply to group, as return address
> is invalid - that we may all benefit)

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
March 4, 2005 1:32:48 AM

Hey silj,
Something strange is happening with the Spybot. I immunized and it
reported 1988 products blocked.....but, it you click on "Check Again", it
tells me only 1986 are blocked, with two disabled. I run immunize again
and, once again, it informs me 1988 products blocked........the cycle does
repeat itself.
What say you, oh, Spybot guru??
Heirloom, old and think this is odd

"siljaline" <siljaline@nospam.com> wrote in message
> http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=12073
>
> Silj
>

> --
> siljaline
>
> MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security (AH-VSOP)
> Security Tools Updates
> http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31
>
> (Reply to group, as return address
> is invalid - that we may all benefit)

a b 8 Security
March 4, 2005 1:40:22 AM

More info.... one does not need to hit "Check again"......just go to another
segment of the program and then back to Immunize and it will alert you to
the two products that are not activated. Could this be some sort of
conflict with the items in Spyware Blaster?? I have not yet determined how
to view the list of blocked products........I guess a little tour through
the Reg would be helpful.
Heirloom, old and ain't no biggie

"heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote in message
> Hey silj,
> Something strange is happening with the Spybot. I immunized and
it
> reported 1988 products blocked.....but, it you click on "Check Again", it
> tells me only 1986 are blocked, with two disabled. I run immunize again
> and, once again, it informs me 1988 products blocked........the cycle does
> repeat itself.
> What say you, oh, Spybot guru??
> Heirloom, old and think this is odd
>

> "siljaline" <siljaline@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=12073
> >
> > Silj
> >

> > --
> > siljaline
> >
> > MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security (AH-VSOP)
> > Security Tools Updates
> > http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31
> >
> > (Reply to group, as return address
> > is invalid - that we may all benefit)

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
March 4, 2005 1:43:46 AM

Oh great, I look at the link you provided......after the fact.......and I
see that is a beta list for Advanced users. What have I done? I am
counting on the regular update to correct this little glitch.
Heirloom, old and tired of sending myself mail

"heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote in message
news:o bVDERHIFHA.4076@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> More info.... one does not need to hit "Check again"......just go to
another
> segment of the program and then back to Immunize and it will alert you to
> the two products that are not activated. Could this be some sort of
> conflict with the items in Spyware Blaster?? I have not yet determined
how
> to view the list of blocked products........I guess a little tour through
> the Reg would be helpful.
> Heirloom, old and ain't no biggie
>

> "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote in message
> > Hey silj,
> > Something strange is happening with the Spybot. I immunized and
> it
> > reported 1988 products blocked.....but, it you click on "Check Again",
it
> > tells me only 1986 are blocked, with two disabled. I run immunize again
> > and, once again, it informs me 1988 products blocked........the cycle
does
> > repeat itself.
> > What say you, oh, Spybot guru??
> > Heirloom, old and think this is odd
> >

> > "siljaline" <siljaline@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > > http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=12073
> > >
> > > Silj
> > >

> > > --
> > > siljaline
> > >
> > > MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security (AH-VSOP)
> > > Security Tools Updates
> > > http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31
> > >
> > > (Reply to group, as return address
> > > is invalid - that we may all benefit)

March 4, 2005 2:54:23 AM

Sigh.......it is sad when one gets old and the eyesight goes!!

Hey Loon......either uninstall and reinstall or hit System Restore.....as in
*duh*.....grin.

Kissies from Canada.....Figgs

"heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote in message
news:o y1h9SHIFHA.3776@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Oh great, I look at the link you provided......after the fact.......and I
> see that is a beta list for Advanced users. What have I done? I am
> counting on the regular update to correct this little glitch.
> Heirloom, old and tired of sending myself mail
>

> "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote in message
> news:o bVDERHIFHA.4076@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> > More info.... one does not need to hit "Check again"......just go to
> another
> > segment of the program and then back to Immunize and it will alert you
> > the two products that are not activated. Could this be some sort of
> > conflict with the items in Spyware Blaster?? I have not yet determined
> how
> > to view the list of blocked products........I guess a little tour
through
> > the Reg would be helpful.
> > Heirloom, old and ain't no biggie
> >

> > "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote in message
> > > Hey silj,
> > > Something strange is happening with the Spybot. I immunized
and
> > it
> > > reported 1988 products blocked.....but, it you click on "Check Again",
> it
> > > tells me only 1986 are blocked, with two disabled. I run immunize
again
> > > and, once again, it informs me 1988 products blocked........the cycle
> does
> > > repeat itself.
> > > What say you, oh, Spybot guru??
> > > Heirloom, old and think this is odd
> > >

> > > "siljaline" <siljaline@nospam.com> wrote in message

March 4, 2005 2:55:56 AM

Psssst.....did you update from within the program??? If so, you got the
ordinary, run of the mill, update.......

I think the paint fumes are getting to you......lol.

Figgs

"heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote in message
news:o y1h9SHIFHA.3776@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Oh great, I look at the link you provided......after the fact.......and I
> see that is a beta list for Advanced users. What have I done? I am
> counting on the regular update to correct this little glitch.
> Heirloom, old and tired of sending myself mail
>

> "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote in message
> news:o bVDERHIFHA.4076@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> > More info.... one does not need to hit "Check again"......just go to
> another
> > segment of the program and then back to Immunize and it will alert you
> > the two products that are not activated. Could this be some sort of
> > conflict with the items in Spyware Blaster?? I have not yet determined
> how
> > to view the list of blocked products........I guess a little tour
through
> > the Reg would be helpful.
> > Heirloom, old and ain't no biggie
> >

> > "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote in message
> > > Hey silj,
> > > Something strange is happening with the Spybot. I immunized
and
> > it
> > > reported 1988 products blocked.....but, it you click on "Check Again",
> it
> > > tells me only 1986 are blocked, with two disabled. I run immunize
again
> > > and, once again, it informs me 1988 products blocked........the cycle
> does
> > > repeat itself.
> > > What say you, oh, Spybot guru??
> > > Heirloom, old and think this is odd
> > >

> > > "siljaline" <siljaline@nospam.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
March 4, 2005 2:55:57 AM

Yeah, I got the update from within the proggy.....guess I don't have the
beta. Did you get the update? Does it drop the two products for you??
Heirloom, old and fumed

"Heather" <figgs@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> Psssst.....did you update from within the program??? If so, you got the
> ordinary, run of the mill, update.......
>
> I think the paint fumes are getting to you......lol.
>
> Figgs
>
> "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote in message
> news:o y1h9SHIFHA.3776@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> > Oh great, I look at the link you provided......after the fact.......and
> > see that is a beta list for Advanced users. What have I done? I am
> > counting on the regular update to correct this little glitch.
> > Heirloom, old and tired of sending myself mail
> >

> > "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote in message
> > news:o bVDERHIFHA.4076@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> > > More info.... one does not need to hit "Check again"......just go to
> > another
> > > segment of the program and then back to Immunize and it will alert you
> > > the two products that are not activated. Could this be some sort of
> > > conflict with the items in Spyware Blaster?? I have not yet
determined
> > how
> > > to view the list of blocked products........I guess a little tour
> through
> > > the Reg would be helpful.
> > > Heirloom, old and ain't no biggie
> > >

> > > "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote in message
> and
> > > it
Again",
> > it
> again
> > does

March 4, 2005 3:18:26 AM

I always update from within the program.....and what in heck are the *two
products*?? Just got one update, if that is what you are asking, my teeny
tiny Texas Twit....heh heh.

Figgs
> Yeah, I got the update from within the proggy.....guess I don't have the
> beta. Did you get the update? Does it drop the two products for you??
> Heirloom, old and fumed
>
> "Heather" <figgs@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> > Psssst.....did you update from within the program??? If so, you got the
> > ordinary, run of the mill, update.......
> >
> > I think the paint fumes are getting to you......lol.
> >
> > Figgs
> >
> > "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote in message
> > news:o y1h9SHIFHA.3776@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> > > Oh great, I look at the link you provided......after the
fact.......and
> > > see that is a beta list for Advanced users. What have I done? I am
> > > counting on the regular update to correct this little glitch.
> > > Heirloom, old and tired of sending myself mail
> > >

> > > "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote in message
> > > news:o bVDERHIFHA.4076@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> > > another
> determined
> > > how
> > through

immunized
> > and
> Again",
> > > it
> > again
> cycle
> > > does

March 4, 2005 3:33:35 AM

The Loon is right!! I went back and checked and I had immunized after the
download and it said 6 more.......it still says 6 more, no matter how many
times I hit Immunize......

Yo Silj....must be a bug in that there proggie.

Figgs
"Heather" <figgs@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
news:o CY1RmHIFHA.3628@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> I always update from within the program.....and what in heck are the *two
> products*?? Just got one update, if that is what you are asking, my teeny
> tiny Texas Twit....heh heh.
>
> Figgs
> "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote in message
> > Yeah, I got the update from within the proggy.....guess I don't have the
> > beta. Did you get the update? Does it drop the two products for you??
> > Heirloom, old and fumed
> >
> > "Heather" <figgs@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> > > Psssst.....did you update from within the program??? If so, you got
the
> > > ordinary, run of the mill, update.......
> > >
> > > I think the paint fumes are getting to you......lol.
> > >
> > > Figgs
> > >
> > > "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote in message
> > > news:o y1h9SHIFHA.3776@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> fact.......and
mail

> you
> > determined
> > > through

> immunized
> > > and
> > Again",
> > > again
> > cycle

March 4, 2005 3:33:36 AM

I'm seeing it also. It says 1993 products blocked, but when I move to
another part of the application and come back to immunize, it repeats
that 2 items can still be protected. It's only happening on Windows ME
not XP.

Heather wrote:
> The Loon is right!! I went back and checked and I had immunized after the
> download and it said 6 more.......it still says 6 more, no matter how many
> times I hit Immunize......
>
> Yo Silj....must be a bug in that there proggie.
>
> Figgs
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
March 4, 2005 1:25:14 PM

I'm certainly glad to see that mine is not the only one......
Heirloom, old and not so Loon, after all.

"TomV" <t@nospam.net> wrote in message
> I'm seeing it also. It says 1993 products blocked, but when I move to
> another part of the application and come back to immunize, it repeats
> that 2 items can still be protected. It's only happening on Windows ME
> not XP.
>
> Heather wrote:
> > The Loon is right!! I went back and checked and I had immunized after
the
> > download and it said 6 more.......it still says 6 more, no matter how
many
> > times I hit Immunize......
> >
> > Yo Silj....must be a bug in that there proggie.
> >
> > Figgs
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
March 4, 2005 3:11:24 PM

Heirloom:

After I finished updating and running Spybot, it congratulated me for not
having any spyware present.
And this is under WinME.
Isn't that an indication of something not being right on your machine?
Just wondering.
And thanks to Silj, "the guy with the jacket".

Harry.

> I'm certainly glad to see that mine is not the only one......
> Heirloom, old and not so Loon, after all.
>

> "TomV" <t@nospam.net> wrote in message
> > I'm seeing it also. It says 1993 products blocked, but when I move to
> > another part of the application and come back to immunize, it repeats
> > that 2 items can still be protected. It's only happening on Windows ME
> > not XP.
> >
> > Heather wrote:
> > > The Loon is right!! I went back and checked and I had immunized after
> the
> > > download and it said 6 more.......it still says 6 more, no matter how
> many
> > > times I hit Immunize......
> > >
> > > Yo Silj....must be a bug in that there proggie.
> > >
> > > Figgs

March 4, 2005 5:39:50 PM

No, Harry.....it is an indication that something is *not right* with
Spybot!! Tom, Loon and I, among others, are all having the problem of 2
items not being immunized.....just checked it again now. It has nothing to
do with whether or not there is spyware present.

Heather

news:o uoONzNIFHA.580@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...

> Heirloom:
>
> After I finished updating and running Spybot, it congratulated me for not
> having any spyware present.
> And this is under WinME.
> Isn't that an indication of something not being right on your machine?
> Just wondering.
> And thanks to Silj, "the guy with the jacket".
>
> Harry.
>

> "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote in message
> > I'm certainly glad to see that mine is not the only one......
> > Heirloom, old and not so Loon, after all.
> >

> > "TomV" <t@nospam.net> wrote in message
> > > I'm seeing it also. It says 1993 products blocked, but when I move to
> > > another part of the application and come back to immunize, it repeats
> > > that 2 items can still be protected. It's only happening on Windows
ME
> > > not XP.

> > the
> > many

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
March 4, 2005 5:48:21 PM

Don't worry, Heirloom, while you are doing it the rest of us are having fun
< just kidding >, its always good to see you here, no matter what.
If the end(result) is good, all is well.
Cheers.

Harry.

"heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote in message
news:o y1h9SHIFHA.3776@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Oh great, I look at the link you provided......after the fact.......and I
> see that is a beta list for Advanced users. What have I done? I am
> counting on the regular update to correct this little glitch.
> Heirloom, old and tired of sending myself mail
>

> "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote in message
> news:o bVDERHIFHA.4076@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> > More info.... one does not need to hit "Check again"......just go to
> another
> > segment of the program and then back to Immunize and it will alert you
> > the two products that are not activated. Could this be some sort of
> > conflict with the items in Spyware Blaster?? I have not yet determined
> how
> > to view the list of blocked products........I guess a little tour
through
> > the Reg would be helpful.
> > Heirloom, old and ain't no biggie
> >

> > "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote in message
> > > Hey silj,
> > > Something strange is happening with the Spybot. I immunized
and
> > it
> > > reported 1988 products blocked.....but, it you click on "Check Again",
> it
> > > tells me only 1986 are blocked, with two disabled. I run immunize
again
> > > and, once again, it informs me 1988 products blocked........the cycle
> does
> > > repeat itself.
> > > What say you, oh, Spybot guru??
> > > Heirloom, old and think this is odd
> > >

> > > "siljaline" <siljaline@nospam.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
March 4, 2005 5:56:58 PM

And I think, that the "Loon" was right, it has something to do with beta
version and advanced users.
If you choose standard mode, you will have no problems either, Heather, I'm
sure.

Harry.

"Heather" <figgs@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
news:o kBOvIPIFHA.576@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> No, Harry.....it is an indication that something is *not right* with
> Spybot!! Tom, Loon and I, among others, are all having the problem of 2
> items not being immunized.....just checked it again now. It has nothing
> do with whether or not there is spyware present.
>
> Heather
>
> "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
> news:o uoONzNIFHA.580@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> >
> > Heirloom:
> >
> > After I finished updating and running Spybot, it congratulated me for
not
> > having any spyware present.
> > And this is under WinME.
> > Isn't that an indication of something not being right on your machine?
> > Just wondering.
> > And thanks to Silj, "the guy with the jacket".
> >
> > Harry.
> >

> > "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote in message
> > > I'm certainly glad to see that mine is not the only one......
> > > Heirloom, old and not so Loon, after all.
> > >

> > > "TomV" <t@nospam.net> wrote in message
> ME

> after
> > > the
> how
> > > many

March 4, 2005 7:02:38 PM

Harry.......Loon didn't download the beta version.......he and I and a few
others, downloaded the *standard mode* version......OK? Do you use the
Immunize function? If so, hit the Check Again button and see what you get.

Heather

news:o LFZzPPIFHA.3008@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...

> And I think, that the "Loon" was right, it has something to do with beta
> version and advanced users.
> If you choose standard mode, you will have no problems either, Heather,
I'm
> sure.
>
> Harry.
>

> "Heather" <figgs@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> news:o kBOvIPIFHA.576@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> > No, Harry.....it is an indication that something is *not right* with
> > Spybot!! Tom, Loon and I, among others, are all having the problem of 2
> > items not being immunized.....just checked it again now. It has nothing
> > do with whether or not there is spyware present.
> >
> > Heather
> >
> > "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
> > news:o uoONzNIFHA.580@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> > >
> > > Heirloom:
> > >
> > > After I finished updating and running Spybot, it congratulated me for
> not
> > > having any spyware present.
> > > And this is under WinME.
> > > Isn't that an indication of something not being right on your machine?
> > > Just wondering.
> > > And thanks to Silj, "the guy with the jacket".
> > >
> > > Harry.
> > >

> > > "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote in message

> repeats
Windows
> > ME

> > after
> > how

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
March 4, 2005 7:46:40 PM

Why would I want to hit the "immunize" button, unless I have something to
immunize?
Heirloom acknowledged that Silj mentioned this to be for beta version and
advanced users.
Not trying to be a wise guy, simply using common sense.
If something really is wrong, it needs to be fixed.
With all the help I already received, I'd be glad to help wherever I can.
Why not put me to work?

Harry.

"Heather" <figgs@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
news:o xBP41PIFHA.588@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Harry.......Loon didn't download the beta version.......he and I and a few
> others, downloaded the *standard mode* version......OK? Do you use the
> Immunize function? If so, hit the Check Again button and see what you
get.

> Heather
>
> "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
> news:o LFZzPPIFHA.3008@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> >
> > And I think, that the "Loon" was right, it has something to do with beta
> > version and advanced users.
> > If you choose standard mode, you will have no problems either, Heather,
> I'm
> > sure.
> >
> > Harry.
> >

> > "Heather" <figgs@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> > news:o kBOvIPIFHA.576@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> > > No, Harry.....it is an indication that something is *not right* with
> > > Spybot!! Tom, Loon and I, among others, are all having the problem of
2
> > > items not being immunized.....just checked it again now. It has
nothing
> > > do with whether or not there is spyware present.
> > >
> > > Heather
> > >
> > > "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
> > > news:o uoONzNIFHA.580@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...

> > not

> move
> > repeats
> Windows
> > > ME

> > > after
> matter
> > > how

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
March 4, 2005 11:04:36 PM

Harry,
I haven't got a clue what you meant in that last post. And, in regard
to what Mike M. was attempting to tell you.....I thought that he was being
most polite. We are all in here to learn, even the gurus. I bet there is
not one guru out there that has not learned something from these NG's, even
if they had to ferret out the answer on their own. Yeah, after looking at
the link that silj posted, I started thinking that I may have inadvertently
dl'd the Beta file, although, I couldn't imagine how. The file size was way
different, so, that was ruled out rather quickly, but, not before my
"thoughtless post" about the beta file.
All I am trying to say is that we all make mistakes, some of us make
more than others and there are those who have lost grip on the profound.
Take Mike's heed, he is here to help.
Heirloom, old and still on 1986

> Don't worry, Heirloom, while you are doing it the rest of us are having
fun
> < just kidding >, its always good to see you here, no matter what.
> If the end(result) is good, all is well.
> Cheers.
>
> Harry.
>

> "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote in message
> news:o y1h9SHIFHA.3776@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> > Oh great, I look at the link you provided......after the fact.......and
> > see that is a beta list for Advanced users. What have I done? I am
> > counting on the regular update to correct this little glitch.
> > Heirloom, old and tired of sending myself mail

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
March 5, 2005 12:43:17 AM

Heirloom:

You are most kind, thank you.
Mike's intentions to help me are much less than those to silence me, in my
humble opinion.
There is nothing polite about attacking someone's brain function.
Be that as it may, I am greatful for everyone's contributions along the way.

Harry.

> Harry,
> I haven't got a clue what you meant in that last post. And, in regard
> to what Mike M. was attempting to tell you.....I thought that he was being
> most polite. We are all in here to learn, even the gurus. I bet there is
> not one guru out there that has not learned something from these NG's,
even
> if they had to ferret out the answer on their own. Yeah, after looking at
> the link that silj posted, I started thinking that I may have
inadvertently
> dl'd the Beta file, although, I couldn't imagine how. The file size was
way
> different, so, that was ruled out rather quickly, but, not before my
> "thoughtless post" about the beta file.
> All I am trying to say is that we all make mistakes, some of us make
> more than others and there are those who have lost grip on the profound.
> Take Mike's heed, he is here to help.
> Heirloom, old and still on 1986
>
> "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
> >
> > Don't worry, Heirloom, while you are doing it the rest of us are having
> fun
> > < just kidding >, its always good to see you here, no matter what.
> > If the end(result) is good, all is well.
> > Cheers.
> >
> > Harry.
> >

> > "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote in message
> > news:o y1h9SHIFHA.3776@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> > > Oh great, I look at the link you provided......after the
fact.......and
> > > see that is a beta list for Advanced users. What have I done? I am
> > > counting on the regular update to correct this little glitch.
> > > Heirloom, old and tired of sending myself mail

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
March 5, 2005 12:53:53 AM

You appear not to understand what immunize means here. Immunize - to
protect against. Immunization is not a cure but rather a preventative.
OTOH perhaps you don't want to immunize your PC against being infected and
instead want to perform tests to see if you can clean an infected system.
:-)
--
Mike Maltby MS-MVP
mike.maltby@gmail.com

webster72n <hbethke@copper.net> wrote:

> Why would I want to hit the "immunize" button, unless I have
> something to immunize?
> Heirloom acknowledged that Silj mentioned this to be for beta version
> and advanced users.
> Not trying to be a wise guy, simply using common sense.
> If something really is wrong, it needs to be fixed.
> With all the help I already received, I'd be glad to help wherever I
> can. Why not put me to work?
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
March 5, 2005 12:53:54 AM

Pardon me for living!

> You appear not to understand what immunize means here. Immunize - to
> protect against. Immunization is not a cure but rather a preventative.
> OTOH perhaps you don't want to immunize your PC against being infected and
> instead want to perform tests to see if you can clean an infected system.
> :-)
> --
> Mike Maltby MS-MVP
> mike.maltby@gmail.com
>

> webster72n <hbethke@copper.net> wrote:
>
> > Why would I want to hit the "immunize" button, unless I have
> > something to immunize?
> > Heirloom acknowledged that Silj mentioned this to be for beta version
> > and advanced users.
> > Not trying to be a wise guy, simply using common sense.
> > If something really is wrong, it needs to be fixed.
> > With all the help I already received, I'd be glad to help wherever I
> > can. Why not put me to work?

March 5, 2005 2:04:34 AM

Same problem here on a Win Me box. First Immunize = 1988 items. Close the
program and reopen to Immunize section and I get the yellow exclamation
point saying I'm protected against 1986 items. This scenario will repeat
as-well.

Steve

> Pardon me for living!
>

> "Mike M" <No_Spam@Corned_Beef.Only> wrote in message
> > You appear not to understand what immunize means here. Immunize - to
> > protect against. Immunization is not a cure but rather a preventative.
> > OTOH perhaps you don't want to immunize your PC against being infected
and
> > instead want to perform tests to see if you can clean an infected
system.
> > :-)
> > --
> > Mike Maltby MS-MVP
> > mike.maltby@gmail.com
> >

> > webster72n <hbethke@copper.net> wrote:
> >
> > > Why would I want to hit the "immunize" button, unless I have
> > > something to immunize?
> > > Heirloom acknowledged that Silj mentioned this to be for beta version
> > > and advanced users.
> > > Not trying to be a wise guy, simply using common sense.
> > > If something really is wrong, it needs to be fixed.
> > > With all the help I already received, I'd be glad to help wherever I
> > > can. Why not put me to work?

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
March 5, 2005 2:13:15 AM

webster72n <hbethke@copper.net> wrote:

> Pardon me for living!

Is that an apology? In all seriousness Harry you really should think
about your posts a little more otherwise its just possible that you'll
find others start to laugh at you behind your back. You're the one who
mentions "using common sense" but it appears unfortunately that this is
something you are failing to do.
--
Mike Maltby MS-MVP
mike.maltby@gmail.com

I don't know what I would need an apology for, Mike
Whwn I try to immunize, it tells me that I have Spyware Blaster installed
and it would do a much better job in protecting my PC.
I was under the impression that this NG is there to help other users as a
learning facility and not an indoctrination center. If anyone should be
laughing, good for them, the'll live longer.
BTW, My PC is doing fine and thanks you for 'your' help.

Harry.

> webster72n <hbethke@copper.net> wrote:
>
> > Pardon me for living!
>
> Is that an apology? In all seriousness Harry you really should think
> about your posts a little more otherwise its just possible that you'll
> find others start to laugh at you behind your back. You're the one who
> mentions "using common sense" but it appears unfortunately that this is
> something you are failing to do.
> --
> Mike Maltby MS-MVP
> mike.maltby@gmail.com

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
March 5, 2005 2:26:33 AM

I've just installed SpyBot on a virgin Win Me system, updated the SpyBot
definitions and then immunized the system. 1988 out 1988 are now blocked.
I wonder what the two are that won't activate on your or Heather's
systems?
--
Mike Maltby MS-MVP
mike.maltby@gmail.com

heirloom <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote:

> Hey silj,
> Something strange is happening with the Spybot. I immunized
> and it reported 1988 products blocked.....but, it you click on "Check
> Again", it tells me only 1986 are blocked, with two disabled. I run
> immunize again and, once again, it informs me 1988 products
> blocked........the cycle does repeat itself.
> What say you, oh, Spybot guru??
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
March 5, 2005 2:26:34 AM

Mike
For your guidance only. I also use IMMUNIZE and like other have
reported, I have "2077 bad products already blocked. 3 additional
protections possible". I do the Immunize again (this time using the
green button) and it appears to do so however upon rechecking, I
receive the same message (2077 with 3 additional ).
Hadn't noticed this before, although it's possible that it has been
like this for a while.

Dan

> I've just installed SpyBot on a virgin Win Me system, updated the
SpyBot
> definitions and then immunized the system. 1988 out 1988 are now
blocked.
> I wonder what the two are that won't activate on your or Heather's
> systems?
> --
> Mike Maltby MS-MVP
> mike.maltby@gmail.com
>

> heirloom <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote:
>
> > Hey silj,
> > Something strange is happening with the Spybot. I
immunized
> > and it reported 1988 products blocked.....but, it you click on
"Check
> > Again", it tells me only 1986 are blocked, with two disabled. I
run
> > immunize again and, once again, it informs me 1988 products
> > blocked........the cycle does repeat itself.
> > What say you, oh, Spybot guru??

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
March 5, 2005 2:26:35 AM

Hi All,
(disregarding a prior and goodly portion in the rest of this thread)
The odd part of this scenario is that the number of products, that are
dropped from blocking, seems to differ. Mine symptom is 2, Dan has 3,
Heather has 6. My total number of products is 1988/1986, Dan is looking at
2077!, Tom has 1993. Did we all download the same file? In my SB Updates
folder, the includes.zip file shows to be 564Kb, (577,106 bytes) in
Properties. Certainly hope that we are not looking at something ill......no
other symptoms, yet.
Heirloom, old and going to make the world safer this
weekend

"Dapper Dan" <dapperdan@home.com> wrote in message
> Mike
> For your guidance only. I also use IMMUNIZE and like other have
> reported, I have "2077 bad products already blocked. 3 additional
> protections possible". I do the Immunize again (this time using the
> green button) and it appears to do so however upon rechecking, I
> receive the same message (2077 with 3 additional ).
> Hadn't noticed this before, although it's possible that it has been
> like this for a while.
>
> Dan
>
> "Mike M" <No_Spam@Corned_Beef.Only> wrote in message
> > I've just installed SpyBot on a virgin Win Me system, updated the
> SpyBot
> > definitions and then immunized the system. 1988 out 1988 are now
> blocked.
> > I wonder what the two are that won't activate on your or Heather's
> > systems?
> > --
> > Mike Maltby MS-MVP
> > mike.maltby@gmail.com
> >

> > heirloom <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Hey silj,
> > > Something strange is happening with the Spybot. I
> immunized
> > > and it reported 1988 products blocked.....but, it you click on
> "Check
> > > Again", it tells me only 1986 are blocked, with two disabled. I
> run
> > > immunize again and, once again, it informs me 1988 products
> > > blocked........the cycle does repeat itself.
> > > What say you, oh, Spybot guru??

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
March 5, 2005 3:18:44 AM

Ditto.

"(yet another) Steve" <nomail@nomail.com> wrote in message
> Same problem here on a Win Me box. First Immunize = 1988 items. Close the
> program and reopen to Immunize section and I get the yellow exclamation
> point saying I'm protected against 1986 items. This scenario will repeat
> as-well.
>
> Steve
>
> "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
> >
> > Pardon me for living!
> >

> > "Mike M" <No_Spam@Corned_Beef.Only> wrote in message
> > > You appear not to understand what immunize means here. Immunize - to
> > > protect against. Immunization is not a cure but rather a
preventative.
> > > OTOH perhaps you don't want to immunize your PC against being infected
> and
> > > instead want to perform tests to see if you can clean an infected
> system.
> > > :-)
> > > --
> > > Mike Maltby MS-MVP
> > > mike.maltby@gmail.com

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
March 5, 2005 4:23:13 AM

You really do need to try and engage your brain before posting. One only
has to read your contribution to this thread to see your almost total
failure to understand what others have written. This culminated in your
statement "Why would I want to hit the "immunize" button, unless I have
something to immunize?" in which you told everyone how little you
understand about what was involved. My advice is to sit back and learn.
As for your " I'd be glad to help wherever I can. Why not put me to work?"
I feel that as yet you are far from ready to be in a position to help
others but hopefully that will change once you start to take in and
understand what others are saying.
--
Mike Maltby MS-MVP
mike.maltby@gmail.com

webster72n <hbethke@copper.net> wrote:

> I don't know what I would need an apology for, Mike
> Whwn I try to immunize, it tells me that I have Spyware Blaster
> installed and it would do a much better job in protecting my PC.
> I was under the impression that this NG is there to help other users
> as a learning facility and not an indoctrination center. If anyone
> should be laughing, good for them, the'll live longer.
> BTW, My PC is doing fine and thanks you for 'your' help.
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
March 5, 2005 4:23:14 AM

Mike M wrote:
> You really do need to try and engage your brain before posting. One
> only has to read your contribution to this thread to see your almost
> total failure to understand what others have written. This culminated
> in your statement "Why would I want to hit the "immunize" button, unless
> I have something to immunize?" in which you told everyone how little you
> understand about what was involved. My advice is to sit back and learn.
> As for your " I'd be glad to help wherever I can. Why not put me to
> work?" I feel that as yet you are far from ready to be in a position to
> help others but hopefully that will change once you start to take in and
> understand what others are saying.

I see where S&D has 3 immunizations, 2 for IE and 1 for Opera... I use
Fx (except for WU, and IE has to ask to go through the firewall)

Rick
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
March 5, 2005 6:09:53 AM

Harry,

Do yourself and us a service and re-read what I wrote. No-one is trying
to silence you but instead I'm advising you to try and understand what
others are saying before you make a reply and if there is something you
don't understand then ask. As it is you are potentially making yourself
look foolish. For an example try reading your immunize post again. I'm
sure you have no intention or wish to be to be a fool but this is how you
are starting to appear to others. No-one, least of all myself, is
questioning your "brain function" but rather I'm suggesting that you would
be advised to think carefully about what you are trying to say before you
make your posts.
--
Mike Maltby MS-MVP
mike.maltby@gmail.com

webster72n <hbethke@copper.net> wrote:

> Heirloom:
>
> You are most kind, thank you.
> Mike's intentions to help me are much less than those to silence me,
> in my humble opinion.
> There is nothing polite about attacking someone's brain function.
> Be that as it may, I am greatful for everyone's contributions along
> the way.
March 9, 2005 8:41:16 AM

Two here, H.

My hunch is there's nothing to worry about, it's merely annoying. Depending
on how easily annoyed is one. btw I've been looking at damn Yankee warbirds
lately. Shame you lot don't still use North American/Vaught products. And
how come I can't find any (*any* mind, let alone high res!) shots of Blue
Angels from the F4 days?

Shane

> Hi All,
> (disregarding a prior and goodly portion in the rest of this
thread)
> The odd part of this scenario is that the number of products, that are
> dropped from blocking, seems to differ. Mine symptom is 2, Dan has 3,
> Heather has 6. My total number of products is 1988/1986, Dan is looking
at
> 2077!, Tom has 1993. Did we all download the same file? In my SB Updates
> folder, the includes.zip file shows to be 564Kb, (577,106 bytes) in
> Properties. Certainly hope that we are not looking at something
ill......no
> other symptoms, yet.
> Heirloom, old and going to make the world safer
this
> weekend
>
> "Dapper Dan" <dapperdan@home.com> wrote in message
> > Mike
> > For your guidance only. I also use IMMUNIZE and like other have
> > reported, I have "2077 bad products already blocked. 3 additional
> > protections possible". I do the Immunize again (this time using the
> > green button) and it appears to do so however upon rechecking, I
> > receive the same message (2077 with 3 additional ).
> > Hadn't noticed this before, although it's possible that it has been
> > like this for a while.
> >
> > Dan
> >
> > "Mike M" <No_Spam@Corned_Beef.Only> wrote in message
> > > I've just installed SpyBot on a virgin Win Me system, updated the
> > SpyBot
> > > definitions and then immunized the system. 1988 out 1988 are now
> > blocked.
> > > I wonder what the two are that won't activate on your or Heather's
> > > systems?
> > > --
> > > Mike Maltby MS-MVP
> > > mike.maltby@gmail.com

> > immunized
> > "Check
> > run

March 9, 2005 8:41:17 AM

http://modelingmadness.com/others/features/hamiltonblue...

Hi Puss.....scroll halfway down the page to see the Blue Angel's F-4 plane.
Interesting website.

Want a CIAS pin? (Cdn. International Air Show).....I have quite a few
sitting here.

Oh.....and on the page it mentions shattering loads of windows.....that also
happened in Toronto.....probably them as well. They are cute, mind you.
Elayne drooled. But she thought they looked like "Ken Dolls".

Have fun......the former Airshow Exec. Secty.

"Shane" <arthursixpence@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Two here, H.
>
> My hunch is there's nothing to worry about, it's merely annoying.
Depending
> on how easily annoyed is one. btw I've been looking at damn Yankee
warbirds
> lately. Shame you lot don't still use North American/Vaught products. And
> how come I can't find any (*any* mind, let alone high res!) shots of Blue
> Angels from the F4 days?
>

> Shane
>

> "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote in message
> > Hi All,
> > (disregarding a prior and goodly portion in the rest of this
> thread)
> > The odd part of this scenario is that the number of products, that are
> > dropped from blocking, seems to differ. Mine symptom is 2, Dan has 3,
> > Heather has 6. My total number of products is 1988/1986, Dan is looking
> at
> > 2077!, Tom has 1993. Did we all download the same file? In my SB
Updates
> > folder, the includes.zip file shows to be 564Kb, (577,106 bytes) in
> > Properties. Certainly hope that we are not looking at something
> ill......no
> > other symptoms, yet.
> > Heirloom, old and going to make the world safer
> this
> > weekend
> >
> > "Dapper Dan" <dapperdan@home.com> wrote in message
> > > Mike
> > > For your guidance only. I also use IMMUNIZE and like other have
> > > reported, I have "2077 bad products already blocked. 3 additional
> > > protections possible". I do the Immunize again (this time using the
> > > green button) and it appears to do so however upon rechecking, I
> > > receive the same message (2077 with 3 additional ).
> > > Hadn't noticed this before, although it's possible that it has been
> > > like this for a while.
> > >
> > > Dan
> > >
> > > "Mike M" <No_Spam@Corned_Beef.Only> wrote in message
> > > SpyBot
> > > blocked.

> > > immunized
> > > "Check
> > > run

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
March 9, 2005 8:41:17 AM

Shane wrote:
> Two here, H.
>
> My hunch is there's nothing to worry about, it's merely annoying. Depending
> on how easily annoyed is one. btw I've been looking at damn Yankee warbirds
> lately. Shame you lot don't still use North American

NA>Rockwell>Boeing... you never wondered how a commercial airliner
builder produced the F22 Raptor ? ("hmm lessee, if we streamline the
lounge area can we make Mach2 ?")

> /Vaught

They subcontract stuff. Dunno where the design team went :(

> products. And
> how come I can't find any (*any* mind, let alone high res!) shots of Blue
> Angels from the F4 days?

173,000 hits for phantom+blue angels (no hi-res tho)

> Shane

I don't use SD Immunize so no clue about the topic.

Rick

> "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote in message
>
>>Hi All,
>> (disregarding a prior and goodly portion in the rest of this
>
> thread)
>
>>The odd part of this scenario is that the number of products, that are
>>dropped from blocking, seems to differ. Mine symptom is 2, Dan has 3,
>>Heather has 6. My total number of products is 1988/1986, Dan is looking
>
> at
>
>>2077!, Tom has 1993. Did we all download the same file? In my SB Updates
>>folder, the includes.zip file shows to be 564Kb, (577,106 bytes) in
>>Properties. Certainly hope that we are not looking at something
>
> ill......no
>
>>other symptoms, yet.
>> Heirloom, old and going to make the world safer
>
> this
>
>>weekend
>>
>>"Dapper Dan" <dapperdan@home.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>Mike
>>>For your guidance only. I also use IMMUNIZE and like other have
>>>reported, I have "2077 bad products already blocked. 3 additional
>>>protections possible". I do the Immunize again (this time using the
>>>green button) and it appears to do so however upon rechecking, I
>>>receive the same message (2077 with 3 additional ).
>>>Hadn't noticed this before, although it's possible that it has been
>>>like this for a while.
>>>
>>>Dan
>>>
>>>"Mike M" <No_Spam@Corned_Beef.Only> wrote in message

>>>SpyBot

>>>blocked.

>>>immunized

>>>"Check

>>>run

March 9, 2005 8:41:17 AM

Oops....did you want pictures of the F-4 or the Thunderbirds.....misread
this. (rummaging in my pictures.....nah, didn't take any of them....just
our Snowbirds)

Figgs

"Shane" <arthursixpence@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Two here, H.
>
> My hunch is there's nothing to worry about, it's merely annoying.
Depending
> on how easily annoyed is one. btw I've been looking at damn Yankee
warbirds
> lately. Shame you lot don't still use North American/Vaught products. And
> how come I can't find any (*any* mind, let alone high res!) shots of Blue
> Angels from the F4 days?
>

> Shane
>

> "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote in message
> > Hi All,
> > (disregarding a prior and goodly portion in the rest of this
> thread)
> > The odd part of this scenario is that the number of products, that are
> > dropped from blocking, seems to differ. Mine symptom is 2, Dan has 3,
> > Heather has 6. My total number of products is 1988/1986, Dan is looking
> at
> > 2077!, Tom has 1993. Did we all download the same file? In my SB
Updates
> > folder, the includes.zip file shows to be 564Kb, (577,106 bytes) in
> > Properties. Certainly hope that we are not looking at something
> ill......no
> > other symptoms, yet.
> > Heirloom, old and going to make the world safer
> this
> > weekend
> >
> > "Dapper Dan" <dapperdan@home.com> wrote in message
> > > Mike
> > > For your guidance only. I also use IMMUNIZE and like other have
> > > reported, I have "2077 bad products already blocked. 3 additional
> > > protections possible". I do the Immunize again (this time using the
> > > green button) and it appears to do so however upon rechecking, I
> > > receive the same message (2077 with 3 additional ).
> > > Hadn't noticed this before, although it's possible that it has been
> > > like this for a while.
> > >
> > > Dan
> > >
> > > "Mike M" <No_Spam@Corned_Beef.Only> wrote in message
> > > SpyBot
> > > blocked.

> > > immunized
> > > "Check
> > > run

March 9, 2005 8:41:18 AM

Oh dam.....I must be half asleep......these are model airplanes......and not
high resolution.....ignore me, grin.

Figgs

"Heather" <figgs@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
news:o fFWnMHJFHA.2928@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...

http://modelingmadness.com/others/features/hamiltonblue...

> Hi Puss.....scroll halfway down the page to see the Blue Angel's F-4
plane.
> Interesting website.
>
> Want a CIAS pin? (Cdn. International Air Show).....I have quite a few
> sitting here.
>
> Oh.....and on the page it mentions shattering loads of windows.....that
also
> happened in Toronto.....probably them as well. They are cute, mind you.
> Elayne drooled. But she thought they looked like "Ken Dolls".
>
> Have fun......the former Airshow Exec. Secty.
>
> "Shane" <arthursixpence@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Two here, H.
> >
> > My hunch is there's nothing to worry about, it's merely annoying.
> Depending
> > on how easily annoyed is one. btw I've been looking at damn Yankee
> warbirds
> > lately. Shame you lot don't still use North American/Vaught products.
And
> > how come I can't find any (*any* mind, let alone high res!) shots of
Blue
> > Angels from the F4 days?
> >

> > Shane
> >

> > "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi All,
> > > (disregarding a prior and goodly portion in the rest of this
> > thread)
> > > The odd part of this scenario is that the number of products, that are
> > > dropped from blocking, seems to differ. Mine symptom is 2, Dan has 3,
> > > Heather has 6. My total number of products is 1988/1986, Dan is
looking
> > at
> > > 2077!, Tom has 1993. Did we all download the same file? In my SB
> Updates
> > > folder, the includes.zip file shows to be 564Kb, (577,106 bytes) in
> > > Properties. Certainly hope that we are not looking at something
> > ill......no
> > > other symptoms, yet.
> > > Heirloom, old and going to make the world
safer
> > this
> > > weekend
> > >
> > > "Dapper Dan" <dapperdan@home.com> wrote in message

March 9, 2005 10:19:42 AM

news:o MyVoNHJFHA.4092@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Shane wrote:
> > Two here, H.
> >
> > My hunch is there's nothing to worry about, it's merely annoying.
Depending
> > on how easily annoyed is one. btw I've been looking at damn Yankee
warbirds
> > lately. Shame you lot don't still use North American
>
> NA>Rockwell>Boeing... you never wondered how a commercial airliner
> builder produced the F22 Raptor ? ("hmm lessee, if we streamline the
> lounge area can we make Mach2 ?")

Firstly I think of Boeing as being a one-time bomber maker that makes
commercial airliners. And the B-47 stratojet has it's moments. Secondly I
thought the Boeing fighters were a consequence of their buying MD! Thirdly I
did think maybe I ought to specify *old* North American <g>!

> > /Vaught
>
> They subcontract stuff. Dunno where the design team went :(
>
> > products. And
> > how come I can't find any (*any* mind, let alone high res!) shots of
Blue
> > Angels from the F4 days?
>
> 173,000 hits for phantom+blue angels (no hi-res tho)

But pics? Even www.navy.mil only has hornets. Only pics of BA Phantoms I've
found are of a single, static, display aircraft in Germany (and a couple of
non-blue aircraft).

Shane
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
March 9, 2005 10:19:43 AM

Shane wrote:
> "Rick T" <plinnane3REMOVE@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:o MyVoNHJFHA.4092@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>
>>Shane wrote:
>>
>>>Two here, H.
>>>
>>>My hunch is there's nothing to worry about, it's merely annoying.
>
> Depending
>
>>>on how easily annoyed is one. btw I've been looking at damn Yankee
>
> warbirds
>
>>>lately. Shame you lot don't still use North American
>>
>>NA>Rockwell>Boeing... you never wondered how a commercial airliner
>>builder produced the F22 Raptor ? ("hmm lessee, if we streamline the
>>lounge area can we make Mach2 ?")
>

> Firstly I think of Boeing as being a one-time bomber maker that makes
> commercial airliners. And the B-47 stratojet has it's moments.

as did the 29 & 52... but Boeing made alot more commercial aircraft than
military.

> Secondly I
> thought the Boeing fighters were a consequence of their buying MD!

F22 development preceded MD acquisition ("google is your friend")...
though I'll grant you it doesn't look particularly NAish.

'k there was a P-26 but that was awhile ago. :)

> Thirdly I
> did think maybe I ought to specify *old* North American <g>!

"new" (post wwII) NA was pretty cool looking, too (X15, F107, F108), I
think the Sabreliner definitely looked like it came from NA.

>>>/Vaught
>>
>>They subcontract stuff. Dunno where the design team went :(
>>

>>>products. And
>>>how come I can't find any (*any* mind, let alone high res!) shots of
>
> Blue
>
>>>Angels from the F4 days?
>>
>>173,000 hits for phantom+blue angels (no hi-res tho)
>

> But pics? Even www.navy.mil only has hornets. Only pics of BA Phantoms I've
> found are of a single, static, display aircraft in Germany (and a couple of
> non-blue aircraft).

According to their site, the Blue Angels only had F-4s for a year then
moved to Skyhawks.

Rick

> Shane

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
March 9, 2005 2:17:02 PM

http://www.boeing.com/companyoffices/gallery/images/f4/...
Hey Shane,
Give the above site a shot........I think you will find all that you
desire.
Heirloom, old and that ought to do it

"Shane" <arthursixpence@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Two here, H.
>
> My hunch is there's nothing to worry about, it's merely annoying.
Depending
> on how easily annoyed is one. btw I've been looking at damn Yankee
warbirds
> lately. Shame you lot don't still use North American/Vaught products. And
> how come I can't find any (*any* mind, let alone high res!) shots of Blue
> Angels from the F4 days?
>

> Shane
>

> "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote in message
> > Hi All,
> > (disregarding a prior and goodly portion in the rest of this
> thread)
> > The odd part of this scenario is that the number of products, that are
> > dropped from blocking, seems to differ. Mine symptom is 2, Dan has 3,
> > Heather has 6. My total number of products is 1988/1986, Dan is looking
> at
> > 2077!, Tom has 1993. Did we all download the same file? In my SB
Updates
> > folder, the includes.zip file shows to be 564Kb, (577,106 bytes) in
> > Properties. Certainly hope that we are not looking at something
> ill......no
> > other symptoms, yet.
> > Heirloom, old and going to make the world safer
> this
> > weekend
> >
> > "Dapper Dan" <dapperdan@home.com> wrote in message
> > > Mike
> > > For your guidance only. I also use IMMUNIZE and like other have
> > > reported, I have "2077 bad products already blocked. 3 additional
> > > protections possible". I do the Immunize again (this time using the
> > > green button) and it appears to do so however upon rechecking, I
> > > receive the same message (2077 with 3 additional ).
> > > Hadn't noticed this before, although it's possible that it has been
> > > like this for a while.
> > >
> > > Dan
> > >
> > > "Mike M" <No_Spam@Corned_Beef.Only> wrote in message
> > > SpyBot
> > > blocked.

> > > immunized
> > > "Check
> > > run

March 9, 2005 4:12:03 PM

> Shane wrote:
> > "Rick T" <plinnane3REMOVE@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
> > news:o MyVoNHJFHA.4092@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...

> > Depending

> > warbirds

> >>builder produced the F22 Raptor ? ("hmm lessee, if we streamline the
> >>lounge area can we make Mach2 ?")
> >

> > Firstly I think of Boeing as being a one-time bomber maker that makes
> > commercial airliners. And the B-47 stratojet has it's moments.
>
> as did the 29 & 52... but Boeing made alot more commercial aircraft than
> military.

afaik Boeing were small potatos before WWII and it's the Fortresses that
made the company what it is today. It was looking at the B-17 at the museum
down the road where I first saw lines of the 737's I spend so much time in
these days, in (big-assed bird!)

> > Secondly I
> > thought the Boeing fighters were a consequence of their buying MD!
>
> F22 development preceded MD acquisition ("google is your friend")...
> though I'll grant you it doesn't look particularly NAish.

You have to realise, Rick, I'm mostly interested in British stuff and old
stuff. Same with bikes, trains etc etc. Some modern stuff is exciting, but
none of it has a lot of soul. I'm really not going to be googling modern
American jet fighters (and particularly not Boeing when I found they charge
for access to their history galleries! I suppose they need to make up for
losing JSF investment? They've got a lot of cheek! I wouldn't go up in a 737
200 series for love or money!).

Pics of the modern stuff, they're like one of the few air-to-air shots you
can find of the F-100 - in which it's firing a rocket salvo at the ground in
Viet Nam - I can't look at them without feeling like I'm tacitly approving
of a war that actually makes me sick to the back teeth.

> 'k there was a P-26 but that was awhile ago. :)
>
> > Thirdly I
> > did think maybe I ought to specify *old* North American <g>!
>
> "new" (post wwII) NA was pretty cool looking, too (X15, F107, F108), I
> think the Sabreliner definitely looked like it came from NA.

Apart from the prop stuff, it's the F-86/F-100 I like. Everything's too
bloody square these days!

> >>They subcontract stuff. Dunno where the design team went :(

> > Blue

> >>173,000 hits for phantom+blue angels (no hi-res tho)
> >

> > But pics? Even www.navy.mil only has hornets. Only pics of BA Phantoms
I've
> > found are of a single, static, display aircraft in Germany (and a couple
of
> > non-blue aircraft).
>
> According to their site, the Blue Angels only had F-4s for a year then
> moved to Skyhawks.

I guess they didn't have anyone loved 'em enough to take a decent camera up.

Shane
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
March 9, 2005 5:58:01 PM

Shane wrote:
> "Rick T" <plinnane3REMOVE@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>>Shane wrote:
>>
>>>"Rick T" <plinnane3REMOVE@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
>>>news:o MyVoNHJFHA.4092@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...

>>>Depending

>>>warbirds

>>>Firstly I think of Boeing as being a one-time bomber maker that makes
>>>commercial airliners. And the B-47 stratojet has it's moments.
>>
>>as did the 29 & 52... but Boeing made alot more commercial aircraft than
>> military.
>>
> afaik Boeing were small potatos before WWII

their model 247 was competition for the dc2/3, p26 was a frontline
fighter... and I think they had a production bomber (not sure).

> and it's the Fortresses that
> made the company what it is today. It was looking at the B-17 at the museum
> down the road where I first saw lines of the 737's I spend so much time in
> these days, in (big-assed bird!)
>

>>>Secondly I
>>>thought the Boeing fighters were a consequence of their buying MD!
>>
>>F22 development preceded MD acquisition ("google is your friend")...
>>though I'll grant you it doesn't look particularly NAish.
>

> You have to realise, Rick, I'm mostly interested in British stuff and old
> stuff.

mostly ww2 USA stuff here... fair bit of overflow though. That Typhoon
Eurofighter is a bloody neat looking craft and doesn't have the
"designed in cyberspace" look. How's it handle in -40C ?

Last innovative one they made here in the early 60s got brutally axed by
politics. :(

> Same with bikes, trains etc etc. Some modern stuff is exciting, but
> none of it has a lot of soul.

yeah, they're all computer-designed :(  , total lack of "graceful".

> I'm really not going to be googling modern
> American jet fighters (and particularly not Boeing when I found they charge
> for access to their history galleries! I suppose they need to make up for
> losing JSF investment? They've got a lot of cheek! I wouldn't go up in a 737
> 200 series for love or money!).
>
> Pics of the modern stuff, they're like one of the few air-to-air shots you
> can find of the F-100 - in which it's firing a rocket salvo at the ground in
> Viet Nam - I can't look at them without feeling like I'm tacitly approving
> of a war that actually makes me sick to the back teeth.

F100s were used for quite awhile by the USAF aerobatics team (golden
eagles?) but their paint scheme's different (silver with black/white/red
accents). I don't think many Supersabres made it into Vietnam. (bit of a
brainsplit here... we had homegrown cf100s)

>>'k there was a P-26 but that was awhile ago. :)
>>

>>>Thirdly I
>>>did think maybe I ought to specify *old* North American <g>!
>>
>>"new" (post wwII) NA was pretty cool looking, too (X15, F107, F108), I
>>think the Sabreliner definitely looked like it came from NA.
>>

> Apart from the prop stuff, it's the F-86/F-100 I like. Everything's too
> bloody square these days!

I think most was all Kirnberger(sp?) inspired, like the Skunkworks was
Kelly.

Me, I like most everything old with a DH tag these days.

>>>Blue

>>>But pics? Even www.navy.mil only has hornets. Only pics of BA Phantoms
>
> I've
>
>>>found are of a single, static, display aircraft in Germany (and a couple
>
> of
>
>>>non-blue aircraft).
>>
>>According to their site, the Blue Angels only had F-4s for a year then
>>moved to Skyhawks.
>>

> I guess they didn't have anyone loved 'em enough to take a decent camera up.

well the f4s were primarily land-based fighters whereas a4s were
designed as navy jets... maybe a bit of politics in there. Or maybe the
F4 has the "viet nam stigma" since that's the time period when it
reigned the skies.

Rick

> Shane

March 9, 2005 6:37:06 PM