Help Please

I recently aquired a Compact Computer. The harddrive was in pitiful shape. I
replaced the harddrive with a new Maxtor 60 gig. I got windows XP loaded and
it's locking up. Is it a Motherboard Problem?

zelix wrote:

> I recently aquired a Compact Computer. The harddrive was in pitiful shape. I
> replaced the harddrive with a new Maxtor 60 gig. I got windows XP loaded and
> it's locking up. Is it a Motherboard Problem?

Not nearly enough information to even hazard a guess. What century was the
Compaq made in? How about processor and a model number, at least?

zelix:

> I got windows XP loaded and
> it's locking up. Is it a Motherboard Problem?

You have to be very specific... the computer is locking up when you do
what? Are you getting any error messages? Sometimes the lockups can seem
random but often you will begin to see a pattern. Look for the pattern.
The repost your info along with hardware details.
--
Mac Cool

papa

Impossible to tell. Either provide some details, or take it to a shop.