Drop down list problem

I use Windows 2000 Prof and have cable provider, I fill in a lot of forms and
am getting to the stage that, when I click on the place to type in name,
address etc a very long list drops down which prevents me from typing in an
address, I have to then sort through the list for the address I want and
click on that.
How can I turn this off or delete items on the list.
Many thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about drop list problem

    margaretmc wrote:
    > I use Windows 2000 Prof and have cable provider, I fill in a lot of forms and
    > am getting to the stage that, when I click on the place to type in name,
    > address etc a very long list drops down which prevents me from typing in an
    > address, I have to then sort through the list for the address I want and
    > click on that.
    > How can I turn this off or delete items on the list.
    > Many thanks

    Well you could install Windows Millenium fresh and that would take care
    of that problem...

    <grin> wrong forum, this is a Windows ME group, Windows 2000 Pro is down
    the hall, 2nd door on the right.

    That is an option in your browser software, (Internet Explorer, Firefox
    or whatever you use), look for "Auto Complete" settings in the software
    oprions.

    John

    Rick T wrote:

    > Well you could install Windows Millenium fresh and that would take care
    > of that problem...

    A classic case of one step forward and two backwards... or three of four
    steps backwards...

    > <grin> wrong forum, this is a Windows ME group, Windows 2000 Pro is down
    > the hall, 2nd door on the right.

    Isn't that the broom closet? Whatever you do don't open the third door
    on either side! Abandonware on one side and product development on the
    other, scary!

    John

Windows 2000 Microsoft Windows