Default folder column settings

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
Share
March 4, 2005 11:17:05 AM

Tired of DC'ing Name column border to show full name. Anyway to set default
column setting so full names always show?
Anonymous
March 4, 2005 7:45:47 PM

Configure Windows Explorer to suit your requirements and then Tools |
Folder Options | View and click Apply To All Folders. Ensure also that
you have "Remember each folder's view settings" checked on that page.
Note however that there is a limit in Win Me as to the number of different
folder view settings that can be stored in the registry and is I seem to
recall around 100 or so. More than that and older view settings will be
lost as newer ones are saved.
--
Mike Maltby MS-MVP
mike.maltby@gmail.com