Calendar freeze Sept 1? Or is the world ending

August 17, 2004 1:51:05 PM

Hi Something very weird is happening with my xda running pocket pc. When I
access my calendar past September 1 2004 it freezes the calendar and when I
exit the calendar it won't let me go back to it????? Any suggestions would
be appreciated or is the world ending and no one told me!

Cheers

David
Anonymous
August 17, 2004 1:51:06 PM

Have you tried a soft reset lately? FYI, my part of the world still seems to be working...

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"David Aaron" <davidNoSpam@insights.com.au> wrote in message
> Hi Something very weird is happening with my xda running pocket pc. When I
> access my calendar past September 1 2004 it freezes the calendar and when I
> exit the calendar it won't let me go back to it????? Any suggestions would
> be appreciated or is the world ending and no one told me!
>
> Cheers
>

> David

Anonymous
August 17, 2004 1:51:06 PM

David Aaron <davidNoSpam@insights.com.au> wrote:

>Hi Something very weird is happening with my xda running pocket pc. When I
>access my calendar past September 1 2004 it freezes the calendar and when I
>exit the calendar it won't let me go back to it????? Any suggestions would
>be appreciated or is the world ending and no one told me!

Do you have a beta version of the operating system?
August 17, 2004 2:43:33 PM

"Sooner Al" <SoonerAl@somewhere.net.invalid> wrote in news:o wX4REEhEHA.1724
@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl:

> Have you tried a soft reset lately? FYI, my part of the world still seems
to be working...

it isn't september yet..... ;-)

--
SoftSpot
softspot_ihatespam_brugge@hotmail.com

(just remove the spamstatement
and one underscore
to respond personally,
but please keep it friendly,
I'm only human too)
Anonymous
August 18, 2004 1:51:52 AM

Sooner Al

> Have you tried a soft reset lately? FYI, my part of the world still seems to
> be working...
Soft reset has no effect once it resets it still freezes.

Cheers

David
Anonymous
August 18, 2004 1:52:30 AM

Ed Hansberry, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices

> David Aaron <davidNoSpam@insights.com.au> wrote:
>
>> Hi Something very weird is happening with my xda running pocket pc. When I
>> access my calendar past September 1 2004 it freezes the calendar and when I
>> exit the calendar it won't let me go back to it????? Any suggestions would
>> be appreciated or is the world ending and no one told me!
>
> Do you have a beta version of the operating system?
No I am using the latest os posted on the xda site.

Thanks David
Anonymous
August 21, 2004 10:24:28 PM

David Aaron <davidNoSpam@insights.com.au> of Comindico Australia - reports
relating to abuse should be sent to abuse@comindico.com.au wrote:

>Ed Hansberry, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices
>
>> David Aaron <davidNoSpam@insights.com.au> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Something very weird is happening with my xda running pocket pc. When I
>>> access my calendar past September 1 2004 it freezes the calendar and when I
>>> exit the calendar it won't let me go back to it????? Any suggestions would
>>> be appreciated or is the world ending and no one told me!
>>
>> Do you have a beta version of the operating system?
>No I am using the latest os posted on the xda site.

Wild speculation coming up: I wonder if it doesn't like some appointment
that you have on or after that date? I'm guessing that because other people
don't have your problem with the same OS.

What I'm about to suggest could go wrong, so backup both your XDA and your
outlook.pst file first. Create a folder for calendar appointments in
Outlook on your PC. This won't be synced. Move all your appointments to
the new folder. Then sync your XDA. All the appointments on the XDA should
be deleted. Disconnect your XDA and try opening calendar. If the calendar
works, then one of your appointments is the problem. To work out which
appointment you will have to transfer appointments back from the new folder
in Outlook to the normal folder one at a time and sync, until the problem
recurs. Then you can delete the problem item from Outlook on the PC.

If that doesn't work, then I'm afraid I can only suggest a hard reset.
--
A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin.
Henry Louis Mencken

Steph Peters

> David Aaron <davidNoSpam@insights.com.au> of Comindico Australia - reports
> relating to abuse should be sent to abuse@comindico.com.au wrote:
>
>> Ed Hansberry, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices

>>> Do you have a beta version of the operating system?
>> No I am using the latest os posted on the xda site.
>
> Wild speculation coming up: I wonder if it doesn't like some appointment
> that you have on or after that date? I'm guessing that because other people
> don't have your problem with the same OS.
>
> What I'm about to suggest could go wrong, so backup both your XDA and your
> outlook.pst file first. Create a folder for calendar appointments in
> Outlook on your PC. This won't be synced. Move all your appointments to
> the new folder. Then sync your XDA. All the appointments on the XDA should
> be deleted. Disconnect your XDA and try opening calendar. If the calendar
> works, then one of your appointments is the problem. To work out which
> appointment you will have to transfer appointments back from the new folder
> in Outlook to the normal folder one at a time and sync, until the problem
> recurs. Then you can delete the problem item from Outlook on the PC.
>
> If that doesn't work, then I'm afraid I can only suggest a hard reset.
> --
> A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin.
> Henry Louis Mencken
> Steph Peters delete invalid from incm@sandbenders.demon.co.uk.invalid
> Tatting, lace & stitching page <http://www.sandbenders.demon.co.uk/index.htm&gt;

Thanks. I did a simular action and yes you were correct there was an
appointment that it didn't like. Once deleted all was ok.

Cheers

David
!