A mobile XP worth the upgrade from a 2100+?

Here are my specs:

Shuttle AN35N Ultra Mobo
512mb PC3200 ram
ATI Radeon 9600XT 128mb vid card
2100+ T'Bred (B) oc'd to 2.15g

I'm not ready to jump to an Athlon64 yet. Would going from a 2100+ to say a
mobile 2400+ (oc'd) show any noticable performance increases? I recently
got a DVD burner and am ripping/encoding/writing DVD's now, so would the
extra mhz and L2 cache be worth the upgrade?

Thanks.

"AgentOrangeCleaner" <none@none.none> wrote in message
> Here are my specs:
>
> Shuttle AN35N Ultra Mobo
> 512mb PC3200 ram
> ATI Radeon 9600XT 128mb vid card
> 2100+ T'Bred (B) oc'd to 2.15g
>
> I'm not ready to jump to an Athlon64 yet. Would going from a 2100+ to say
> mobile 2400+ (oc'd) show any noticable performance increases? I recently
> got a DVD burner and am ripping/encoding/writing DVD's now, so would the
> extra mhz and L2 cache be worth the upgrade?
>
> Thanks.

Not really. Since you have the money to spend though, go for it. In a
couple years when you get the 64, you can always sell the old bits on ebay
for at least what you paid for them, so have fun!