Reinstall ME operating system

Does anyone know how to reinstall ME Operating system?

If you don't have any of the discs that came with your computer you can try
this method that worked for me, first disable any antivirus software and
close all programs. Go to start, search for files or folders and type in cabs
Click on the folder and scroll down to setup and click on it. This will
reinstall windows. After your done right click on my computer, go to
performance then file system then troubleshooting and uncheck disable system
restore.
Good luck

"Cyncerlee" wrote:

> Does anyone know how to reinstall ME Operating system?

Why do you want to - and how do you intend to do it (clean, or
'over-the-top'?)

--
Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

"Cyncerlee" <Cyncerlee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know how to reinstall ME Operating system?

My P.C. is almost 5 years old and sometimes it just crashes for no reason. I
am not ready to buy a new computer yet, but I have been told that every few
years it is a good idea to reinstall the operating system. I do have all the
discs that came with the p.c. I was hoping someone could give me detailed
instructions. I guess I could call a Dell technican.

"Noel Paton" wrote:

> Why do you want to - and how do you intend to do it (clean, or
> 'over-the-top'?)
>
> --
> Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)
>
> Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
> http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

> "Cyncerlee" <Cyncerlee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Does anyone know how to reinstall ME Operating system?

If your machine is doing random reboots then it may be hardware problems
rather than software - check out the fans and the vents - make sure that the
fans are rotating freely, and that the vents aren't clogged with
dust-bunnies.

--

Cyncerlee wrote:
> Does anyone know how to reinstall ME Operating system?

Steps I recommend:

Clean Reinstall of Win98 or Win ME
http://aumha.org/win4/a/clean.htm

--
Jim Eshelman, MS-MVP Windows Shell/User, Windows Security
Windows Support Center: http://aumha.org/

....and that I would certainly endorse, as a wonderful resource in this
situation - after you've eliminated the potential hardware problems causing
your present symptoms.