Reinstall ME operating system

Does anyone know how to reinstall ME Operating system?
6 answers Last reply
More about reinstall operating system

    If you don't have any of the discs that came with your computer you can try
    this method that worked for me, first disable any antivirus software and
    close all programs. Go to start, search for files or folders and type in cabs
    Click on the folder and scroll down to setup and click on it. This will
    reinstall windows. After your done right click on my computer, go to
    performance then file system then troubleshooting and uncheck disable system
    restore.
    Good luck

    "Cyncerlee" wrote:

    > Does anyone know how to reinstall ME Operating system?

    Why do you want to - and how do you intend to do it (clean, or
    'over-the-top'?)

    --
    Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)

    Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

    "Cyncerlee" <Cyncerlee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know how to reinstall ME Operating system?

    My P.C. is almost 5 years old and sometimes it just crashes for no reason. I
    am not ready to buy a new computer yet, but I have been told that every few
    years it is a good idea to reinstall the operating system. I do have all the
    discs that came with the p.c. I was hoping someone could give me detailed
    instructions. I guess I could call a Dell technican.

    "Noel Paton" wrote:

    > Why do you want to - and how do you intend to do it (clean, or
    > 'over-the-top'?)
    >
    > --
    > Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)
    >
    > Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    > http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

    > "Cyncerlee" <Cyncerlee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Does anyone know how to reinstall ME Operating system?

    If your machine is doing random reboots then it may be hardware problems
    rather than software - check out the fans and the vents - make sure that the
    fans are rotating freely, and that the vents aren't clogged with
    dust-bunnies.

    --

    Cyncerlee wrote:
    > Does anyone know how to reinstall ME Operating system?

    Steps I recommend:

    Clean Reinstall of Win98 or Win ME
    http://aumha.org/win4/a/clean.htm

    --
    Jim Eshelman, MS-MVP Windows Shell/User, Windows Security
    Windows Support Center: http://aumha.org/

    ....and that I would certainly endorse, as a wonderful resource in this
    situation - after you've eliminated the potential hardware problems causing
    your present symptoms.

    --

    "Jim Eshelman" <newsgroups@NSaumha.org> wrote in message
    > Cyncerlee wrote:
    >> Does anyone know how to reinstall ME Operating system?
    >
    > Steps I recommend:
    >
    > Clean Reinstall of Win98 or Win ME
    > http://aumha.org/win4/a/clean.htm
    >
    > --
    > Jim Eshelman, MS-MVP Windows Shell/User, Windows Security
    > Windows Support Center: http://aumha.org/
    > AumHa Forums: http://aumha.net/

Microsoft Windows