Cannot shutdown or reboot without error

This problem has been happening for quite some time but never had much time
to try and solve it until now. Upon shutdown or restart the system either
locks up part way thru process or reboots (even if shutdown selected) and
starts scandisk for improper shutdown. I have used the WINME Shutdown and
Starup Troubleshooter without any luck. Now the message I get is:
-An exception 0E has occurred at 0028:D4AB654F in VxD SBCP9X2(01)+0000370F.
This was called from 0028:00000000 in VxD ---.
Pressing enter from here will shutdown properly, if this message shows up.
Otherwise the system just freezes. My virus scan is clean and spybot and
Adaware fiond just cookies. Any suggestions???

See if anything here helps.
Joan

chris fraser wrote:
> This problem has been happening for quite some time but never had much time
> to try and solve it until now. Upon shutdown or restart the system either
> locks up part way thru process or reboots (even if shutdown selected) and
> starts scandisk for improper shutdown. I have used the WINME Shutdown and
> Starup Troubleshooter without any luck. Now the message I get is:
> -An exception 0E has occurred at 0028:D4AB654F in VxD SBCP9X2(01)+0000370F.
> This was called from 0028:00000000 in VxD ---.
> Pressing enter from here will shutdown properly, if this message shows up.
> Otherwise the system just freezes. My virus scan is clean and spybot and
> Adaware fiond just cookies. Any suggestions???

Possibly/probably a hardware issue (although these 0E errors can be caused
by software too). Sorry no short-cuts in locating it, just hard slog
detective work.

Try 'disabling' each of your (external) hardware devices, one at a time, and
see if you can isolate the problem. Try 'Removing' your video devices, sound
devices etc., (one at a time) in Device Manager in Safe Mode and then
re-installing them
as you machine re-boots into Normal Mode

Take a look at :-
"A fatal exception 0E has occurred at 0028:<XXXXXXXX>" error message
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;189655

There *may be* a clue in SBCP9X2(01) - if that means anything to you. Can't
find it in Google (other than SBC), but it may have some significance on
your machine.

Mart

"chris fraser" <chrisfraser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This problem has been happening for quite some time but never had much
> time
> to try and solve it until now. Upon shutdown or restart the system either
> locks up part way thru process or reboots (even if shutdown selected) and
> starts scandisk for improper shutdown. I have used the WINME Shutdown and
> Starup Troubleshooter without any luck. Now the message I get is:
> -An exception 0E has occurred at 0028:D4AB654F in VxD
> SBCP9X2(01)+0000370F.
> This was called from 0028:00000000 in VxD ---.
> Pressing enter from here will shutdown properly, if this message shows up.
> Otherwise the system just freezes. My virus scan is clean and spybot and
> Adaware fiond just cookies. Any suggestions???

TRENDING THREADS