Windows Installer/ Active X Problemo!

Hey everyone,

My computer is definitely in the hole.

of course, I've got Windows Me. I've scan disk'd,
defrag'd, and virus scan'd all along. in all honesty, I
take really good care of my computer.

As of late, whenever I start-up or access a program (other
than desktop icons or quick launch) a windows installer
pops up and won't go away until minutes (and various
attempts later). After it tries installing and making
really loud noises, it says a various path should be used,
yada yada yada.

And NOW to add insult to injury, I can't do an online
virus scan, log into MSN messenger or download anything
from the internet. I've tried adjusting security levels
(etc) and have concluded that ActiveX isn't downloading
applications.

And of course, I need this to fix the Installer problem
and of course, to update my virus scanner, do an online
scan and download ANYTHING.

Any advice or help would be appreciated!

Aaron
1 answer Last reply
More about windows installer active problemo

    > As of late,

    and

    > After it tries installing and making really
    > loud noises, it says a various path should
    > be used, yada yada yada.

    are not particularly helpful technical descriptions of your problem.

    Perhaps a System Restore back to the day before 'late' *might* bring things
    back to normal.

    Mart

    "Aaron" <aaronwritesit@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hey everyone,
    >
    > My computer is definitely in the hole.
    >
    > of course, I've got Windows Me. I've scan disk'd,
    > defrag'd, and virus scan'd all along. in all honesty, I
    > take really good care of my computer.
    >
    > As of late, whenever I start-up or access a program (other
    > than desktop icons or quick launch) a windows installer
    > pops up and won't go away until minutes (and various
    > attempts later). After it tries installing and making
    > really loud noises, it says a various path should be used,
    > yada yada yada.
    >
    > And NOW to add insult to injury, I can't do an online
    > virus scan, log into MSN messenger or download anything
    > from the internet. I've tried adjusting security levels
    > (etc) and have concluded that ActiveX isn't downloading
    > applications.
    >
    > And of course, I need this to fix the Installer problem
    > and of course, to update my virus scanner, do an online
    > scan and download ANYTHING.
    >
    > Any advice or help would be appreciated!
    >
    > Aaron

Windows Installer Windows