Windows Installer/ Active X Problemo!

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
Share
March 10, 2005 8:29:15 PM

Hey everyone,

My computer is definitely in the hole.

of course, I've got Windows Me. I've scan disk'd,
defrag'd, and virus scan'd all along. in all honesty, I
take really good care of my computer.

As of late, whenever I start-up or access a program (other
than desktop icons or quick launch) a windows installer
pops up and won't go away until minutes (and various
attempts later). After it tries installing and making
really loud noises, it says a various path should be used,
yada yada yada.

And NOW to add insult to injury, I can't do an online
virus scan, log into MSN messenger or download anything
from the internet. I've tried adjusting security levels
(etc) and have concluded that ActiveX isn't downloading
applications.

And of course, I need this to fix the Installer problem
and of course, to update my virus scanner, do an online
scan and download ANYTHING.

Any advice or help would be appreciated!

Aaron
Anonymous
March 11, 2005 12:27:15 PM

> As of late,

and

> After it tries installing and making really
> loud noises, it says a various path should
> be used, yada yada yada.

are not particularly helpful technical descriptions of your problem.

Perhaps a System Restore back to the day before 'late' *might* bring things
back to normal.

Mart

!