More about aware personal

    From: "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid>

    | Checking my Add/Remove file and noticed 'Ad-aware 6 Personal'. What is
    | this?
    | Thanks, Eileen

    Lavasoft Ad-aware6 "was" a very effective non-viral anti malware scanner.

    Ad-aware6 has been superceded by Ad-aware SE (free personal version v1.05) and is *highly*
    suggested.

    Ad-aware SE (free personal version v1.05)
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    --
    Dave

    I forgot to mention...

    Remove Ad-aware6 prior to installing Ad-aware SE.

    --
    Dave

    (doesn't matter - the installer does that for you!)

    --
    Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)

    Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

    From: "Noel Paton" <NoelDPspamless@btopenworld.com>

    | (doesn't matter - the installer does that for you!)
    |
    | --
    | Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)
    |
    | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    | http://www.btinternet.com/~winnoel/millsrpch.htm

    Thanx for that Noel !

    --
    Dave

    I updated to SE. All the buttons are in a foreign language some of which
    have a popup in English, others don't. How do I get the ones who don't have
    the popups to change to English?
    Eileen

    From: "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid>

    | I updated to SE. All the buttons are in a foreign language some of which
    | have a popup in English, others don't. How do I get the ones who don't have
    | the popups to change to English?
    | Eileen

    You downloaded an English version -- Yes ?

    --
    Dave

    When I downloaded, I saw no choices of language.
    Eileen

    From: "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid>

    | When I downloaded, I saw no choices of language.
    | Eileen

    >> From: "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid>
    >>
    |>> I updated to SE. All the buttons are in a foreign language some of
    | which
    |>> have a popup in English, others don't. How do I get the ones who don't
    | have
    |>> the popups to change to English?
    |>> Eileen
    >>
    >> You downloaded an English version -- Yes ?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Dave

    Try this download site...

    http://www.download.com/Ad-Aware-SE-Personal-Edition/3000-8022_4-10045910.html?part=dl-ad-aware&subj=dl&tag=top5

    --
    Dave

    David,
    I downloaded again on the site you gave me. The buttons are still in a
    foreign language but most have English popups.... except in General
    Settings... they are in a foreign language with no English popups.
    Eileen

    From: "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid>

    | David,
    | I downloaded again on the site you gave me. The buttons are still in a
    | foreign language but most have English popups.... except in General
    | Settings... they are in a foreign language with no English popups.
    | Eileen
    | | "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote in message

    It doesn't make sense and I don't understand why.
    I gave you a URL for an English version and it should display in English.

    --
    Dave

    If I knew how to capture the screen, I would send you a picture of it.
    Perhaps if you would tell me what the seven buttons in General Setting on
    the left side and the one on the right bottom say, I could somehow figure
    this out.
    Eileen

    > From: "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid>
    >
    > | David,
    > | I downloaded again on the site you gave me. The buttons are still in a
    > | foreign language but most have English popups.... except in General
    > | Settings... they are in a foreign language with no English popups.
    > | Eileen
    > | | "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote in message
    >
    > It doesn't make sense and I don't understand why.
    > I gave you a URL for an English version and it should display in English.
    >

    > --
    > Dave

    In the meantime, I will uninstall the Ad-aware and reinstall it.
    Eileen
    > From: "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid>
    >
    > | David,
    > | I downloaded again on the site you gave me. The buttons are still in a
    > | foreign language but most have English popups.... except in General
    > | Settings... they are in a foreign language with no English popups.
    > | Eileen
    > | | "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote in message
    >
    > It doesn't make sense and I don't understand why.
    > I gave you a URL for an English version and it should display in English.
    >

    > --
    > Dave

    Well, the uninstall and then install didn't fix... still have what looks
    like Greek. Thanks for the picture. I went to 'Interface Settings'. In
    'language tile' there is two choices, neither of which is English. This is
    very frustrating.
    Eileen

    "Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > There is a language option - although mine only shows English (Default)
    and
    > Default, both of which are English <g>
    >
    > From David's .jpg, select the "Interface" option :-
    >
    > Mart
    >

    > "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
    > > Well, the uninstall and then install didn't fix... still have what looks
    > > like Greek. Thanks for the picture. I went to 'Interface Settings'.
    In
    > > 'language tile' there is two choices, neither of which is English.
    This
    > > is
    > > very frustrating.
    > > Eileen
    > >
    > > "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
    > >> In the meantime, I will uninstall the Ad-aware and reinstall it.
    > >> Eileen
    > >> "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote in message

    > > English.

    Eileen,
    Try the uninstall again and see if there is a preference file left
    in the directory. You should be able to delete the directory altogether
    after the uninstall.

    Art

    Eileen wrote:
    > Well, the uninstall and then install didn't fix... still have what looks
    > like Greek. Thanks for the picture. I went to 'Interface Settings'. In
    > 'language tile' there is two choices, neither of which is English. This is
    > very frustrating.
    > Eileen
    >
    > "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
    >
    >>In the meantime, I will uninstall the Ad-aware and reinstall it.
    >>Eileen
    >>"David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>From: "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid>

    >>>It doesn't make sense and I don't understand why.
    >>>I gave you a URL for an English version and it should display in
    >
    > English.
    >

    >>>--
    >>>Dave

    Eilene, was there a prefs.ini file in the directory for Ad-aware 6?

    Art

    Eileen wrote:
    > Well, the uninstall and then install didn't fix... still have what looks
    > like Greek. Thanks for the picture. I went to 'Interface Settings'. In
    > 'language tile' there is two choices, neither of which is English. This is
    > very frustrating.
    > Eileen
    >
    > "Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>There is a language option - although mine only shows English (Default)
    >
    > and
    >
    >>Default, both of which are English <g>
    >>
    >>From David's .jpg, select the "Interface" option :-
    >>
    >>Mart
    >>

    >>"Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Well, the uninstall and then install didn't fix... still have what looks
    >>>like Greek. Thanks for the picture. I went to 'Interface Settings'.
    >
    > In
    >
    >>>'language tile' there is two choices, neither of which is English.
    >
    > This
    >
    >>>is
    >>>very frustrating.
    >>>Eileen
    >>>
    >>>"Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

    > in

    >>>English.

  17. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    Art,
    I don't know. I deleted Ad-aware6.
    Eileen

    <Art@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    > Eilene, was there a prefs.ini file in the directory for Ad-aware 6?
    >
    > Art
    >
    > Eileen wrote:
    > > Well, the uninstall and then install didn't fix... still have what looks
    > > like Greek. Thanks for the picture. I went to 'Interface Settings'.
    In
    > > 'language tile' there is two choices, neither of which is English.
    This is
    > > very frustrating.
    > > Eileen
    > >
    > > "Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > >>There is a language option - although mine only shows English (Default)
    > >
    > > and
    > >
    > >>Default, both of which are English <g>
    > >>
    > >>From David's .jpg, select the "Interface" option :-
    > >>
    > >>Mart
    > >>

    > >>"Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

    > > In

    > > This

    > > in

  18. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    Eileen wrote:

    > When I downloaded, I saw no choices of language.
    > Eileen

    Was there a language choice during the install? I have the SE it but
    don't remember.

    Vince
  19. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    Don't know if this will work in your case but has to be worth a try:-
    "Description of and Troubleshooting the Marlett TrueType Font"
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];134861

    If the first part of the article doesn't fix it, note and try the section
    near the bottom page, referring to the maximum number of fonts and the
    suggestion of deleting the ttfcache file.

    HTH and good luck

    Mart

    > Well, the uninstall and then install didn't fix... still have what looks
    > like Greek. Thanks for the picture. I went to 'Interface Settings'. In
    > 'language tile' there is two choices, neither of which is English. This
    > is
    > very frustrating.
    > Eileen
    >
    > "Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >> There is a language option - although mine only shows English (Default)
    > and
    >> Default, both of which are English <g>
    >>
    >> From David's .jpg, select the "Interface" option :-
    >>
    >> Mart
    >>

    >> "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
    >> > Well, the uninstall and then install didn't fix... still have what
    >> > looks
    >> > like Greek. Thanks for the picture. I went to 'Interface Settings'.
    > In
    >> > 'language tile' there is two choices, neither of which is English.
    > This
    >> > is
    >> > very frustrating.
    >> > Eileen
    >> >
    >> > "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

    > in

    >> > English.

  20. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    Alt+PrintScreen. Then paste it (Ctrl+V) into Paint and save it as a .jpg and
    you've got a screenshot.

    Alias

    "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid> wrote

    > If I knew how to capture the screen, I would send you a picture of it.
    > Perhaps if you would tell me what the seven buttons in General Setting on
    > the left side and the one on the right bottom say, I could somehow figure
    > this out.
    > Eileen

    >> From: "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid>
    >>
    >> | David,
    >> | I downloaded again on the site you gave me. The buttons are still in a
    >> | foreign language but most have English popups.... except in General
    >> | Settings... they are in a foreign language with no English popups.
    >> | Eileen
    >>
    >> It doesn't make sense and I don't understand why.
    >> I gave you a URL for an English version and it should display in English.
    >>

    >> --
    >> Dave

  21. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    Alias,
    Thanks, I did it... now to send the picture.
    Eileen

    "Alias" <aka@maskedandanonymous.com> wrote in message
    > Alt+PrintScreen. Then paste it (Ctrl+V) into Paint and save it as a .jpg
    and
    > you've got a screenshot.
    >
    > Alias
    >
    > "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid> wrote
    >
    > > If I knew how to capture the screen, I would send you a picture of it.
    > > Perhaps if you would tell me what the seven buttons in General Setting
    on
    > > the left side and the one on the right bottom say, I could somehow
    figure
    > > this out.
    > > Eileen
    > >
    > > "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote in message
    > >> From: "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid>

    > >> It doesn't make sense and I don't understand why.
    > >> I gave you a URL for an English version and it should display in
    English.

    > >> --
    > >> Dave

  22. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    BTW - This also applies to WinMe and the marlett.ttf file is located in
    WIN_20.CAB. Use msconfig to extract a fresh copy.

    See also: "How to Extract Original Compressed Windows Files"
    http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q129/6/05.asp?

    HTH and good luck

    Mart

    > Don't know if this will work in your case but has to be worth a try:-
    > "Description of and Troubleshooting the Marlett TrueType Font"
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];134861
    >
    > If the first part of the article doesn't fix it, note and try the section
    > near the bottom page, referring to the maximum number of fonts and the
    > suggestion of deleting the ttfcache file.
    >
    > HTH and good luck
    >
    > Mart
    >

    > "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
    >> Well, the uninstall and then install didn't fix... still have what looks
    >> like Greek. Thanks for the picture. I went to 'Interface Settings'. In
    >> 'language tile' there is two choices, neither of which is English. This
    >> is
    >> very frustrating.
    >> Eileen
    >>
    >> "Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >>> There is a language option - although mine only shows English (Default)
    >> and
    >>> Default, both of which are English <g>
    >>>
    >>> From David's .jpg, select the "Interface" option :-
    >>>
    >>> Mart
    >>>

    >>> "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
    >> In
    >> This

    >> in

  23. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    Mart,
    I couldn't get it to extract.

    > BTW - This also applies to WinMe and the marlett.ttf file is located in
    > WIN_20.CAB. Use msconfig to extract a fresh copy.
    >
    > See also: "How to Extract Original Compressed Windows Files"
    > http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q129/6/05.asp?
    >
    > HTH and good luck
    >
    > Mart
    >

    > "Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > > Don't know if this will work in your case but has to be worth a try:-
    > > "Description of and Troubleshooting the Marlett TrueType Font"
    > > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];134861
    > >
    > > If the first part of the article doesn't fix it, note and try the
    section
    > > near the bottom page, referring to the maximum number of fonts and the
    > > suggestion of deleting the ttfcache file.
    > >
    > > HTH and good luck
    > >
    > > Mart
    > >

    > > "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
    > >> Well, the uninstall and then install didn't fix... still have what
    looks
    > >> like Greek. Thanks for the picture. I went to 'Interface Settings'.
    In
    > >> 'language tile' there is two choices, neither of which is English.
    This
    > >> is
    > >> very frustrating.
    > >> Eileen
    > >>
    > >> "Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > >> and

    Settings'.
    > >> In
    > >> This

    > >> in

  24. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    You may be heading in the wrong direction.
    Your screen shot shows Greek characters (AFAIK)

    Without yet knowing what the problem is:
    1. It is unlikely to be Marlett, as that doesn't contain Greek.
    2. It is unlikely to be an Ad-Aware language pack problem as you don't
    mention downloading it and it doesn't contain Greek anyway.
    It has Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian,
    Portuguese, Spanish and Swedish

    I suggest you ask in the Lavasoft forums unless you can pick another
    application that also shows Greek. My vague suspicion at this stage is
    that you have a Greek .dll file in your System folder, as Ad-Aware
    does not seem to have any .dll files itself.

    Did you ever solve this problem when you asked in October 2003?

    ....Alan

    --
    Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    http://dts-l.org/index.html

    In microsoft.public.windowsme.general, "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid>
    wrote:

    >Well, the uninstall and then install didn't fix... still have what looks
    >like Greek. Thanks for the picture. I went to 'Interface Settings'. In
    >'language tile' there is two choices, neither of which is English. This is
    >very frustrating.
    >Eileen
    >
    >"Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >> There is a language option - although mine only shows English (Default)
    >and
    >> Default, both of which are English <g>
    >>
    >> From David's .jpg, select the "Interface" option :-
    >>
    >> Mart
    >>

    >> "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
    >> > Well, the uninstall and then install didn't fix... still have what looks
    >> > like Greek. Thanks for the picture. I went to 'Interface Settings'.
    >In
    >> > 'language tile' there is two choices, neither of which is English.
    >This
    >> > is
    >> > very frustrating.
    >> > Eileen
    >> >
    >> > "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

    >in

    >> > English.

  25. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    Alan, I take your point regarding the Marlett font (Greek) - but did wonder
    whether flushing the ttfcache might work..

    Eileen, in the meantime, if you can 'see' the Marlett.ttf file in the CAB
    using Windows Explorer, you *may* be able to Copy or Extract it using your
    mouse 'right-click'.

    However, back to Alan's reasoning, the Ad-AwareSE copy here contains a
    subfolder in the Lavasoft folder called Lang. This contains a file called
    'default.awl' size 28,119 bytes dated 09/01/2004 (US) at 14.37 hrs. - Maybe
    of some help?

    Mart

    "Alan Edwards" <edwards@southcom.com.au> wrote in message
    > You may be heading in the wrong direction.
    > Your screen shot shows Greek characters (AFAIK)
    >
    > Without yet knowing what the problem is:
    > 1. It is unlikely to be Marlett, as that doesn't contain Greek.
    > 2. It is unlikely to be an Ad-Aware language pack problem as you don't
    > mention downloading it and it doesn't contain Greek anyway.
    > It has Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian,
    > Portuguese, Spanish and Swedish
    >
    > I suggest you ask in the Lavasoft forums unless you can pick another
    > application that also shows Greek. My vague suspicion at this stage is
    > that you have a Greek .dll file in your System folder, as Ad-Aware
    > does not seem to have any .dll files itself.
    >
    > Did you ever solve this problem when you asked in October 2003?
    >
    > ...Alan
    >
    > --
    > Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    > http://dts-l.org/index.html
    >
    > In microsoft.public.windowsme.general, "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Well, the uninstall and then install didn't fix... still have what looks
    >>like Greek. Thanks for the picture. I went to 'Interface Settings'. In
    >>'language tile' there is two choices, neither of which is English. This
    >>is
    >>very frustrating.
    >>Eileen
    >>
    >>"Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >>> There is a language option - although mine only shows English (Default)
    >>and
    >>> Default, both of which are English <g>
    >>>
    >>> From David's .jpg, select the "Interface" option :-
    >>>
    >>> Mart
    >>>

    >>> "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
    >>In
    >>This

    >>in

  26. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    Alan,
    No, the problem was never solved.
    Eileen

    "Alan Edwards" <edwards@southcom.com.au> wrote in message
    > You may be heading in the wrong direction.
    > Your screen shot shows Greek characters (AFAIK)
    >
    > Without yet knowing what the problem is:
    > 1. It is unlikely to be Marlett, as that doesn't contain Greek.
    > 2. It is unlikely to be an Ad-Aware language pack problem as you don't
    > mention downloading it and it doesn't contain Greek anyway.
    > It has Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian,
    > Portuguese, Spanish and Swedish
    >
    > I suggest you ask in the Lavasoft forums unless you can pick another
    > application that also shows Greek. My vague suspicion at this stage is
    > that you have a Greek .dll file in your System folder, as Ad-Aware
    > does not seem to have any .dll files itself.
    >
    > Did you ever solve this problem when you asked in October 2003?
    >
    > ...Alan
    >
    > --
    > Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    > http://dts-l.org/index.html
    >
    > In microsoft.public.windowsme.general, "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Well, the uninstall and then install didn't fix... still have what looks
    > >like Greek. Thanks for the picture. I went to 'Interface Settings'. In
    > >'language tile' there is two choices, neither of which is English. This
    is
    > >very frustrating.
    > >Eileen
    > >
    > >"Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > >> There is a language option - although mine only shows English (Default)
    > >and
    > >> Default, both of which are English <g>
    > >>
    > >> From David's .jpg, select the "Interface" option :-
    > >>
    > >> Mart
    > >>

    > >> "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
    > >In
    > >This

    > >in
    General

  27. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    Looking through my Control Panel and see two things that I don't know. Can
    you tell me what 'WildTangent Control Panel' is? Also 'AC3 Filter'?
    I'm sorry to be such a pest and PC ignorant.

    > Alan,
    > No, the problem was never solved.
    > Eileen
    >
    > "Alan Edwards" <edwards@southcom.com.au> wrote in message
    > > You may be heading in the wrong direction.
    > > Your screen shot shows Greek characters (AFAIK)
    > >
    > > Without yet knowing what the problem is:
    > > 1. It is unlikely to be Marlett, as that doesn't contain Greek.
    > > 2. It is unlikely to be an Ad-Aware language pack problem as you don't
    > > mention downloading it and it doesn't contain Greek anyway.
    > > It has Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian,
    > > Portuguese, Spanish and Swedish
    > >
    > > I suggest you ask in the Lavasoft forums unless you can pick another
    > > application that also shows Greek. My vague suspicion at this stage is
    > > that you have a Greek .dll file in your System folder, as Ad-Aware
    > > does not seem to have any .dll files itself.
    > >
    > > Did you ever solve this problem when you asked in October 2003?
    > >
    > > ...Alan
    > >
    > > --
    > > Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    > > http://dts-l.org/index.html
    > >
    > > In microsoft.public.windowsme.general, "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid>
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > > >Well, the uninstall and then install didn't fix... still have what
    looks
    > > >like Greek. Thanks for the picture. I went to 'Interface Settings'.
    In
    > > >'language tile' there is two choices, neither of which is English.
    This
    > is
    > > >very frustrating.
    > > >Eileen
    > > >
    > > >"Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > > >and

    > looks
    Settings'.
    > > >In
    > > >This

    > still
    > > >in
    > General
    > popups.
    > message

  28. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    From: "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid>

    | Looking through my Control Panel and see two things that I don't know. Can
    | you tell me what 'WildTangent Control Panel' is? Also 'AC3 Filter'?
    | I'm sorry to be such a pest and PC ignorant.
    | Eileen
    |
    | "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

    Wild Tangent is considered spyware and is the reason you want to use Adaware SE :-)

    I suggest you create a new post, however not here but in the Lavasoft support forums.

    http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/

    Explain what was discussed in this thread and your "greek font" problem. I suggest going to
    the Lavasoft support forums because I assume you don't get Greek fonts in other applications
    on your WinME platform

    --
    Dave
  29. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    Hi Mart

    I thought afterwards that I should apologize for treading on the toes
    of previous responders but I decided that you would understand where
    some others may not.
    I was quite aware of your response and I couched my response as
    carefully as I could, bearing in mind I usually stomp with hobnail
    boots, not moccasins. (Oh s**t! I hope I have not offended Jan. It was
    easy when PC meant a Personal Computer)

    Mine is the same (despite the format):
    28,119 bytes--Mod 01-09-04, 14:37 PM (OZ format)

    I am still in guessing mode, so I will not be upset with any criticism
    (idiot responses excepted <g>)
    I don't think ttfcache is the problem, but I am still not sure.

    ....Alan

    --
    Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    http://dts-l.org/index.html

    In microsoft.public.windowsme.general, "Mart"
    <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.com> wrote:

    >Alan, I take your point regarding the Marlett font (Greek) - but did wonder
    >whether flushing the ttfcache might work..
    >
    >Eileen, in the meantime, if you can 'see' the Marlett.ttf file in the CAB
    >using Windows Explorer, you *may* be able to Copy or Extract it using your
    >mouse 'right-click'.
    >
    >However, back to Alan's reasoning, the Ad-AwareSE copy here contains a
    >subfolder in the Lavasoft folder called Lang. This contains a file called
    >'default.awl' size 28,119 bytes dated 09/01/2004 (US) at 14.37 hrs. - Maybe
    >of some help?
    >
    >Mart
    >

    >"Alan Edwards" <edwards@southcom.com.au> wrote in message
    >> You may be heading in the wrong direction.
    >> Your screen shot shows Greek characters (AFAIK)
    >>
    >> Without yet knowing what the problem is:
    >> 1. It is unlikely to be Marlett, as that doesn't contain Greek.
    >> 2. It is unlikely to be an Ad-Aware language pack problem as you don't
    >> mention downloading it and it doesn't contain Greek anyway.
    >> It has Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian,
    >> Portuguese, Spanish and Swedish
    >>
    >> I suggest you ask in the Lavasoft forums unless you can pick another
    >> application that also shows Greek. My vague suspicion at this stage is
    >> that you have a Greek .dll file in your System folder, as Ad-Aware
    >> does not seem to have any .dll files itself.
    >>
    >> Did you ever solve this problem when you asked in October 2003?
    >>
    >> ...Alan
    >>
    >> --
    >> Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    >> http://dts-l.org/index.html
    >>
    >> In microsoft.public.windowsme.general, "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Well, the uninstall and then install didn't fix... still have what looks
    >>>like Greek. Thanks for the picture. I went to 'Interface Settings'. In
    >>>'language tile' there is two choices, neither of which is English. This
    >>>is
    >>>very frustrating.
    >>>Eileen
    >>>
    >>>"Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >>>and

    >>>In
    >>>This

    >>>in

  30. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    Hey Alan, no apologies needed. - Only too happy when others join in - don't
    forget, I jumped in too <g> and it *is* a discussion group!! Far from
    'treading on toes', you got me thinking laterally.

    > Mine is the same (despite the format):
    > 28,119 bytes--Mod 01-09-04, 14:37 PM (OZ format)

    Likewise here in the UK

    Going back to Eileen's screen shot (compared to both of ours) - even the
    'English' fonts "don't look right". Just wonder if her 'Regional & Language
    Options' (Control Panel) are set correctly for her location.

    > Hi Mart
    >
    > I thought afterwards that I should apologize for treading on the toes
    > of previous responders but I decided that you would understand where
    > some others may not.
    > I was quite aware of your response and I couched my response as
    > carefully as I could, bearing in mind I usually stomp with hobnail
    > boots, not moccasins. (Oh s**t! I hope I have not offended Jan. It was
    > easy when PC meant a Personal Computer)
    >
    > Mine is the same (despite the format):
    > 28,119 bytes--Mod 01-09-04, 14:37 PM (OZ format)
    >
    > I am still in guessing mode, so I will not be upset with any criticism
    > (idiot responses excepted <g>)
    > I don't think ttfcache is the problem, but I am still not sure.
    >
    > ...Alan
    >
    > --
    > Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    > http://dts-l.org/index.html
    >
    > In microsoft.public.windowsme.general, "Mart"
    > <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Alan, I take your point regarding the Marlett font (Greek) - but did
    >>wonder
    >>whether flushing the ttfcache might work..
    >>
    >>Eileen, in the meantime, if you can 'see' the Marlett.ttf file in the CAB
    >>using Windows Explorer, you *may* be able to Copy or Extract it using your
    >>mouse 'right-click'.
    >>
    >>However, back to Alan's reasoning, the Ad-AwareSE copy here contains a
    >>subfolder in the Lavasoft folder called Lang. This contains a file called
    >>'default.awl' size 28,119 bytes dated 09/01/2004 (US) at 14.37 hrs. -
    >>Maybe
    >>of some help?
    >>
    >>Mart
    >>

    >>"Alan Edwards" <edwards@southcom.com.au> wrote in message
    >>> You may be heading in the wrong direction.
    >>> Your screen shot shows Greek characters (AFAIK)
    >>>
    >>> Without yet knowing what the problem is:
    >>> 1. It is unlikely to be Marlett, as that doesn't contain Greek.
    >>> 2. It is unlikely to be an Ad-Aware language pack problem as you don't
    >>> mention downloading it and it doesn't contain Greek anyway.
    >>> It has Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian,
    >>> Portuguese, Spanish and Swedish
    >>>
    >>> I suggest you ask in the Lavasoft forums unless you can pick another
    >>> application that also shows Greek. My vague suspicion at this stage is
    >>> that you have a Greek .dll file in your System folder, as Ad-Aware
    >>> does not seem to have any .dll files itself.
    >>>
    >>> Did you ever solve this problem when you asked in October 2003?
    >>>
    >>> ...Alan
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    >>> http://dts-l.org/index.html

  31. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    Okay Guys, what do I do next?

    > Hey Alan, no apologies needed. - Only too happy when others join in -
    don't
    > forget, I jumped in too <g> and it *is* a discussion group!! Far from
    > 'treading on toes', you got me thinking laterally.
    >
    > > Mine is the same (despite the format):
    > > 28,119 bytes--Mod 01-09-04, 14:37 PM (OZ format)
    >
    > Likewise here in the UK
    >
    > Going back to Eileen's screen shot (compared to both of ours) - even the
    > 'English' fonts "don't look right". Just wonder if her 'Regional &
    Language
    > Options' (Control Panel) are set correctly for her location.
    >
    > Mart
    >

    > "Alan Edwards" <edwards@southcom.com.au> wrote in message
    > > Hi Mart
    > >
    > > I thought afterwards that I should apologize for treading on the toes
    > > of previous responders but I decided that you would understand where
    > > some others may not.
    > > I was quite aware of your response and I couched my response as
    > > carefully as I could, bearing in mind I usually stomp with hobnail
    > > boots, not moccasins. (Oh s**t! I hope I have not offended Jan. It was
    > > easy when PC meant a Personal Computer)
    > >
    > > Mine is the same (despite the format):
    > > 28,119 bytes--Mod 01-09-04, 14:37 PM (OZ format)
    > >
    > > I am still in guessing mode, so I will not be upset with any criticism
    > > (idiot responses excepted <g>)
    > > I don't think ttfcache is the problem, but I am still not sure.
    > >
    > > ...Alan
    > >
    > > --
    > > Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    > > http://dts-l.org/index.html
    > >
    > > In microsoft.public.windowsme.general, "Mart"
    > > <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.com> wrote:
    > >
    > >>Alan, I take your point regarding the Marlett font (Greek) - but did
    > >>wonder
    > >>whether flushing the ttfcache might work..
    > >>
    > >>Eileen, in the meantime, if you can 'see' the Marlett.ttf file in the
    CAB
    > >>using Windows Explorer, you *may* be able to Copy or Extract it using
    your
    > >>mouse 'right-click'.
    > >>
    > >>However, back to Alan's reasoning, the Ad-AwareSE copy here contains a
    > >>subfolder in the Lavasoft folder called Lang. This contains a file
    called
    > >>'default.awl' size 28,119 bytes dated 09/01/2004 (US) at 14.37 hrs. -
    > >>Maybe
    > >>of some help?
    > >>
    > >>Mart
    > >>

    > >>"Alan Edwards" <edwards@southcom.com.au> wrote in message

    English.

  32. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    Err... are ALL your 'Regional & Language Options' (in Control Panel) set
    correctly for your location?

    And
    > - I couldn't get it to extract. Marlett.ttf?

    What happened when you tried? Error messages?

    Did you find it in WIN_20.CAB?

    Did you try right-click and Extract or Copy?

    If you Copy(ed) it, you then need to Paste it to the Fonts folder. (It will
    probably want to overwrite the existing file) Any improvement?

    Did you try deleting the ttfcache file? Did it have any affect?

    Mart

    > Okay Guys, what do I do next?
    > Eileen
    >
    > "Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >> Hey Alan, no apologies needed. - Only too happy when others join in -
    > don't
    >> forget, I jumped in too <g> and it *is* a discussion group!! Far from
    >> 'treading on toes', you got me thinking laterally.
    >>
    >> > Mine is the same (despite the format):
    >> > 28,119 bytes--Mod 01-09-04, 14:37 PM (OZ format)
    >>
    >> Likewise here in the UK
    >>
    >> Going back to Eileen's screen shot (compared to both of ours) - even the
    >> 'English' fonts "don't look right". Just wonder if her 'Regional &
    > Language
    >> Options' (Control Panel) are set correctly for her location.
    >>
    >> Mart
    >>

    >> "Alan Edwards" <edwards@southcom.com.au> wrote in message
    >> > Hi Mart
    >> >
    >> > I thought afterwards that I should apologize for treading on the toes
    >> > of previous responders but I decided that you would understand where
    >> > some others may not.
    >> > I was quite aware of your response and I couched my response as
    >> > carefully as I could, bearing in mind I usually stomp with hobnail
    >> > boots, not moccasins. (Oh s**t! I hope I have not offended Jan. It was
    >> > easy when PC meant a Personal Computer)
    >> >
    >> > Mine is the same (despite the format):
    >> > 28,119 bytes--Mod 01-09-04, 14:37 PM (OZ format)
    >> >
    >> > I am still in guessing mode, so I will not be upset with any criticism
    >> > (idiot responses excepted <g>)
    >> > I don't think ttfcache is the problem, but I am still not sure.
    >> >
    >> > ...Alan
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> > Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    >> > http://dts-l.org/index.html

    > CAB
    > your

    > called

    > looks

    > English.

    > in

  33. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    They are set for English and United States... which is right.

    > Err... are ALL your 'Regional & Language Options' (in Control Panel) set
    > correctly for your location?
    >
    > And
    > > - I couldn't get it to extract. Marlett.ttf?
    >
    > What happened when you tried? Error messages?
    >
    > Did you find it in WIN_20.CAB?
    >
    > Did you try right-click and Extract or Copy?
    >
    > If you Copy(ed) it, you then need to Paste it to the Fonts folder. (It
    will
    > probably want to overwrite the existing file) Any improvement?
    >
    > Did you try deleting the ttfcache file? Did it have any affect?
    >
    > Mart
    >

    > "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
    > > Okay Guys, what do I do next?
    > > Eileen
    > >
    > > "Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > >> Hey Alan, no apologies needed. - Only too happy when others join in -
    > > don't
    > >> forget, I jumped in too <g> and it *is* a discussion group!! Far from
    > >> 'treading on toes', you got me thinking laterally.

    > >> Likewise here in the UK
    > >>
    > >> Going back to Eileen's screen shot (compared to both of ours) - even
    the
    > >> 'English' fonts "don't look right". Just wonder if her 'Regional &
    > > Language
    > >> Options' (Control Panel) are set correctly for her location.
    > >>
    > >> Mart
    > >>

    > >> "Alan Edwards" <edwards@southcom.com.au> wrote in message

    > > CAB
    > > your

    > > called

    > > looks
    Settings'.

    > > English.

    > > in

  34. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    As you are located in the United States and US-English is your native
    language, then they are the correct settings.

    So that leaves the marlett font and the font cache file to check. After
    that, I'm fresh out of ideas.

    Mart

    > They are set for English and United States... which is right.
    > Eileen
    >
    > "Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >> Err... are ALL your 'Regional & Language Options' (in Control Panel) set
    >> correctly for your location?
    >>
    >> And
    >> > - I couldn't get it to extract. Marlett.ttf?
    >>
    >> What happened when you tried? Error messages?
    >>
    >> Did you find it in WIN_20.CAB?
    >>
    >> Did you try right-click and Extract or Copy?
    >>
    >> If you Copy(ed) it, you then need to Paste it to the Fonts folder. (It
    > will
    >> probably want to overwrite the existing file) Any improvement?
    >>
    >> Did you try deleting the ttfcache file? Did it have any affect?
    >>
    >> Mart
    >>

    >> "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
    >> > Okay Guys, what do I do next?
    >> > Eileen
    >> >
    >> > "Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >> > don't

    > the
    >> > Language

    > was

    > criticism

    >> > CAB
    >> > your

    >> > called

    > another

    > <vann@nospam.invalid>

    >> > looks
    > Settings'.

    >> > English.

    > it.
    > message

    > are
    > in

    > display
    >> > in

  35. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    Alan Edwards wrote:
    > You may be heading in the wrong direction.
    > Your screen shot shows Greek characters (AFAIK)
    >
    > Without yet knowing what the problem is:
    > 1. It is unlikely to be Marlett, as that doesn't contain Greek.
    > 2. It is unlikely to be an Ad-Aware language pack problem as you don't
    > mention downloading it and it doesn't contain Greek anyway.
    > It has Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian,
    > Portuguese, Spanish and Swedish
    >
    > I suggest you ask in the Lavasoft forums unless you can pick another
    > application that also shows Greek. My vague suspicion at this stage is
    > that you have a Greek .dll file in your System folder, as Ad-Aware
    > does not seem to have any .dll files itself.
    >
    > Did you ever solve this problem when you asked in October 2003?
    >
    > ...Alan

    On sticky problems like this, disable system restore
    before doing the uninstall. That will kill any backup files
    created during initial install. Often cures most tricky
    problems.
    WildTangent is a browser hijacker, and can inly be removed
    by Programs like SpyBot Search and Destroy. I personally run
    both Ad-Aware and Spybot. Sometimes what one doesn't catch ,
    the other will.

    --
    Lester Stiefel
    In Romans 1 there are qualities of Unregenerate man listed

    DO NOT disable System Restore - it has NOTHING WHATEVER to do with the
    problem!

    --
    Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)

    Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

    In fond memory of one of life's Gentlemen - Alex Nichol
    http://www.aumha.org/alex.htm

    "Lester Stiefel" <les7954@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > Alan Edwards wrote:
    >> You may be heading in the wrong direction.
    >> Your screen shot shows Greek characters (AFAIK)
    >>
    >> Without yet knowing what the problem is:
    >> 1. It is unlikely to be Marlett, as that doesn't contain Greek.
    >> 2. It is unlikely to be an Ad-Aware language pack problem as you don't
    >> mention downloading it and it doesn't contain Greek anyway.
    >> It has Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian,
    >> Portuguese, Spanish and Swedish
    >>
    >> I suggest you ask in the Lavasoft forums unless you can pick another
    >> application that also shows Greek. My vague suspicion at this stage is
    >> that you have a Greek .dll file in your System folder, as Ad-Aware
    >> does not seem to have any .dll files itself.
    >>
    >> Did you ever solve this problem when you asked in October 2003?
    >>
    >> ...Alan
    >>

    > On sticky problems like this, disable system restore before doing the
    > uninstall. That will kill any backup files created during initial install.
    > Often cures most tricky problems.
    > WildTangent is a browser hijacker, and can inly be removed by Programs
    > like SpyBot Search and Destroy. I personally run both Ad-Aware and Spybot.
    > Sometimes what one doesn't catch , the other will.
    >
    > --
    > Lester Stiefel
    > In Romans 1 there are qualities of Unregenerate man listed which describe
    > him in the last days.
    > Is your quality found on this list??
  37. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    Does any other application show any part in Greek also?
    If a .dll is incorrect in the System folder, I would have expected it
    to show elsewhere in the last 16 months.

    ....Alan

    --

    wrote:

    >Alan,
    >No, the problem was never solved.
    >Eileen
    >
    >"Alan Edwards" <edwards@southcom.com.au> wrote in message
    >> You may be heading in the wrong direction.
    >> Your screen shot shows Greek characters (AFAIK)
    >>
    >> Without yet knowing what the problem is:
    >> 1. It is unlikely to be Marlett, as that doesn't contain Greek.
    >> 2. It is unlikely to be an Ad-Aware language pack problem as you don't
    >> mention downloading it and it doesn't contain Greek anyway.
    >> It has Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian,
    >> Portuguese, Spanish and Swedish
    >>
    >> I suggest you ask in the Lavasoft forums unless you can pick another
    >> application that also shows Greek. My vague suspicion at this stage is
    >> that you have a Greek .dll file in your System folder, as Ad-Aware
    >> does not seem to have any .dll files itself.
    >>
    >> Did you ever solve this problem when you asked in October 2003?
    >>
    >> ...Alan
    >>
    >> --
    >> Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    >> http://dts-l.org/index.html
    >>
    >> In microsoft.public.windowsme.general, "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Well, the uninstall and then install didn't fix... still have what looks
    >> >like Greek. Thanks for the picture. I went to 'Interface Settings'. In
    >> >'language tile' there is two choices, neither of which is English. This
    >is
    >> >very frustrating.
    >> >Eileen
    >> >
    >> >"Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >> >and

    >looks
    >> >In
    >> >This

    >still
    >> >in
    >General
    >popups.
    >message

  38. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    I haven't noticed it anywhere else.
    Eileen

    > Does any other application show any part in Greek also?
    > If a .dll is incorrect in the System folder, I would have expected it
    > to show elsewhere in the last 16 months.
    >
    > ...Alan
    >
    > --
    > Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    > http://dts-l.org/index.html
    >
    > In microsoft.public.windowsme.general, "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Alan,
    > >No, the problem was never solved.
    > >Eileen
    > >
    > >"Alan Edwards" <edwards@southcom.com.au> wrote in message
    > >> You may be heading in the wrong direction.
    > >> Your screen shot shows Greek characters (AFAIK)
    > >>
    > >> Without yet knowing what the problem is:
    > >> 1. It is unlikely to be Marlett, as that doesn't contain Greek.
    > >> 2. It is unlikely to be an Ad-Aware language pack problem as you don't
    > >> mention downloading it and it doesn't contain Greek anyway.
    > >> It has Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian,
    > >> Portuguese, Spanish and Swedish
    > >>
    > >> I suggest you ask in the Lavasoft forums unless you can pick another
    > >> application that also shows Greek. My vague suspicion at this stage is
    > >> that you have a Greek .dll file in your System folder, as Ad-Aware
    > >> does not seem to have any .dll files itself.
    > >>
    > >> Did you ever solve this problem when you asked in October 2003?
    > >>
    > >> ...Alan
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    > >> http://dts-l.org/index.html

    In
    This
    > >is

    > >looks
    Settings'.
    English.

    > >still
    > >General
    > >popups.
    > >message

  39. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    AFAIK, Wild Tangent is scumware. If you can't remove it in Add/Remove
    then try Ad-Aware or Spybot.

    As for 'AC3 filter', Multimedia is not my strong point but see if this
    makes sense:
    http://ac3filter.sourceforge.net/

    ....Alan

    --

    wrote:

    >Looking through my Control Panel and see two things that I don't know. Can
    >you tell me what 'WildTangent Control Panel' is? Also 'AC3 Filter'?
    >I'm sorry to be such a pest and PC ignorant.
    >Eileen
    >
    >"Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
    >> Alan,
    >> No, the problem was never solved.
    >> Eileen
    >>
    >> "Alan Edwards" <edwards@southcom.com.au> wrote in message
    >> > You may be heading in the wrong direction.
    >> > Your screen shot shows Greek characters (AFAIK)
    >> >
    >> > Without yet knowing what the problem is:
    >> > 1. It is unlikely to be Marlett, as that doesn't contain Greek.
    >> > 2. It is unlikely to be an Ad-Aware language pack problem as you don't
    >> > mention downloading it and it doesn't contain Greek anyway.
    >> > It has Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian,
    >> > Portuguese, Spanish and Swedish
    >> >
    >> > I suggest you ask in the Lavasoft forums unless you can pick another
    >> > application that also shows Greek. My vague suspicion at this stage is
    >> > that you have a Greek .dll file in your System folder, as Ad-Aware
    >> > does not seem to have any .dll files itself.
    >> >
    >> > Did you ever solve this problem when you asked in October 2003?
    >> >
    >> > ...Alan
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> > Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    >> > http://dts-l.org/index.html

    >looks
    >In
    >This
    >> is

    >(Default)

    >> looks
    >Settings'.

    >> still
    >> General
    >> popups.
    >> message

  40. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    Spybot removed Wild Tangent plus 4 other spyware.
    Thanks, Eileen

    > AFAIK, Wild Tangent is scumware. If you can't remove it in Add/Remove
    > then try Ad-Aware or Spybot.
    >
    > As for 'AC3 filter', Multimedia is not my strong point but see if this
    > makes sense:
    > http://ac3filter.sourceforge.net/
    >
    > ...Alan
    >
    > --
    > Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    > http://dts-l.org/index.html
    >
    > In microsoft.public.windowsme.general, "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Looking through my Control Panel and see two things that I don't know.
    Can
    > >you tell me what 'WildTangent Control Panel' is? Also 'AC3 Filter'?
    > >I'm sorry to be such a pest and PC ignorant.
    > >Eileen
    > >
    > >"Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
    > >> Alan,
    > >> No, the problem was never solved.
    > >> Eileen
    > >>
    > >> "Alan Edwards" <edwards@southcom.com.au> wrote in message

    > >looks
    Settings'.
    > >In
    > >This
    > >> is

    > >(Default)

    > >> looks
    > >Settings'.
    English.

    > >> still
    > >> General
    > >> popups.
    > >> message

  41. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    > Alias,
    > Thanks, I did it... now to send the picture.
    > Eileen

    <remainder snipped>

    Thank you, Eileen, for posting your question. It's something I've wondered
    about for a long time, but rarely had any occasion to make use of it. I'm
    profiting from your query and the succinct answer. Thanks again.

    Ken Bland
  42. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    OK. Try a post to the Lavasoft forum and report back.

    ....Alan

    --

    wrote:

    >I haven't noticed it anywhere else.
    >Eileen
    >
    >"Alan Edwards" <edwards@southcom.com.au> wrote in message
    >> Does any other application show any part in Greek also?
    >> If a .dll is incorrect in the System folder, I would have expected it
    >> to show elsewhere in the last 16 months.
    >>
    >> ...Alan
    >>
    >> --
    >> Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    >> http://dts-l.org/index.html
    >>
    >> In microsoft.public.windowsme.general, "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Alan,
    >> >No, the problem was never solved.
    >> >Eileen
    >> >
    >> >"Alan Edwards" <edwards@southcom.com.au> wrote in message

    >looks
    >In
    >This
    >> >is

    >(Default)

    >> >looks
    >Settings'.
    >English.

    >> >still
    >> >General
    >> >popups.
    >> >message

    >in

  43. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    Okay. I post new.... this is getting too long.
    Thanks for all the help.
    Eileen

    > OK. Try a post to the Lavasoft forum and report back.
    >
    > ...Alan
    >
    > --
    > Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    > http://dts-l.org/index.html
    >
    > In microsoft.public.windowsme.general, "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >I haven't noticed it anywhere else.
    > >Eileen
    > >
    > >"Alan Edwards" <edwards@southcom.com.au> wrote in message
    > >> Does any other application show any part in Greek also?
    > >> If a .dll is incorrect in the System folder, I would have expected it
    > >> to show elsewhere in the last 16 months.
    > >>
    > >> ...Alan
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
    > >> http://dts-l.org/index.html

    <vann@nospam.invalid>

    > >looks
    Settings'.
    > >In
    > >This

    > >(Default)

    > >Settings'.
    > >English.

    > >in

  44. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    One more post... I went to Lavasoft site and posted my problem but haven't
    heard anything yet.
    Thanks again, Eileen

    > DO NOT disable System Restore - it has NOTHING WHATEVER to do with the
    > problem!
    >
    > --
    > Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)
    >
    > Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    >
    > In fond memory of one of life's Gentlemen - Alex Nichol
    > http://www.aumha.org/alex.htm

    > "Lester Stiefel" <les7954@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > > Alan Edwards wrote:
    > >> You may be heading in the wrong direction.
    > >> Your screen shot shows Greek characters (AFAIK)
    > >>
    > >> Without yet knowing what the problem is:
    > >> 1. It is unlikely to be Marlett, as that doesn't contain Greek.
    > >> 2. It is unlikely to be an Ad-Aware language pack problem as you don't
    > >> mention downloading it and it doesn't contain Greek anyway.
    > >> It has Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian,
    > >> Portuguese, Spanish and Swedish
    > >>
    > >> I suggest you ask in the Lavasoft forums unless you can pick another
    > >> application that also shows Greek. My vague suspicion at this stage is
    > >> that you have a Greek .dll file in your System folder, as Ad-Aware
    > >> does not seem to have any .dll files itself.
    > >>
    > >> Did you ever solve this problem when you asked in October 2003?
    > >>
    > >> ...Alan
    > >>

    > > On sticky problems like this, disable system restore before doing the
    > > uninstall. That will kill any backup files created during initial
    install.
    > > Often cures most tricky problems.
    > > WildTangent is a browser hijacker, and can inly be removed by Programs
    > > like SpyBot Search and Destroy. I personally run both Ad-Aware and
    Spybot.
    > > Sometimes what one doesn't catch , the other will.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Lester Stiefel
    > > In Romans 1 there are qualities of Unregenerate man listed which
    describe
    > > him in the last days.
    > > Is your quality found on this list??

Microsoft Windows