Ad-aware 6 Personal

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
March 11, 2005 11:17:53 AM

Checking my Add/Remove file and noticed 'Ad-aware 6 Personal'. What is
this?
Thanks, Eileen

More about : aware personal

Anonymous
March 11, 2005 12:26:13 PM

From: "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid>

| Checking my Add/Remove file and noticed 'Ad-aware 6 Personal'. What is
| this?
| Thanks, Eileen

Lavasoft Ad-aware6 "was" a very effective non-viral anti malware scanner.

Ad-aware6 has been superceded by Ad-aware SE (free personal version v1.05) and is *highly*
suggested.

Ad-aware SE (free personal version v1.05)
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

--
Dave
Anonymous

I forgot to mention...

Remove Ad-aware6 prior to installing Ad-aware SE.

--
Dave
March 12, 2005 1:09:23 AM

(doesn't matter - the installer does that for you!)

--
Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

>I forgot to mention...
>
> Remove Ad-aware6 prior to installing Ad-aware SE.
>
> --
> Dave

Anonymous
March 12, 2005 1:09:24 AM

From: "Noel Paton" <NoelDPspamless@btopenworld.com>

| (doesn't matter - the installer does that for you!)
|
| --
| Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)
|
| Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
| http://www.btinternet.com/~winnoel/millsrpch.htm

Thanx for that Noel !

--
Dave
Anonymous

I updated to SE. All the buttons are in a foreign language some of which
have a popup in English, others don't. How do I get the ones who don't have
the popups to change to English?
Eileen

> I forgot to mention...
>
> Remove Ad-aware6 prior to installing Ad-aware SE.
>
> --
> Dave

Anonymous
March 12, 2005 7:50:41 PM

From: "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid>

| I updated to SE. All the buttons are in a foreign language some of which
| have a popup in English, others don't. How do I get the ones who don't have
| the popups to change to English?
| Eileen

You downloaded an English version -- Yes ?

--
Dave
Anonymous

When I downloaded, I saw no choices of language.
Eileen

> From: "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid>
>
> | I updated to SE. All the buttons are in a foreign language some of
which
> | have a popup in English, others don't. How do I get the ones who don't
have
> | the popups to change to English?
> | Eileen
>

> You downloaded an English version -- Yes ?
>
> --
> Dave

Anonymous
March 12, 2005 8:07:14 PM

From: "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid>

| When I downloaded, I saw no choices of language.
| Eileen

>> From: "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid>
>>
|>> I updated to SE. All the buttons are in a foreign language some of
| which
|>> have a popup in English, others don't. How do I get the ones who don't
| have
|>> the popups to change to English?
|>> Eileen
>>
>> You downloaded an English version -- Yes ?
>>
>> --
>> Dave

Try this download site...

http://www.download.com/Ad-Aware-SE-Personal-Edition/30...

--
Dave
Anonymous

David,
I downloaded again on the site you gave me. The buttons are still in a
foreign language but most have English popups.... except in General
Settings... they are in a foreign language with no English popups.
Eileen

> From: "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid>
>
> | When I downloaded, I saw no choices of language.
> | Eileen
> |
> | "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote in message
> >> From: "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid>

> | which
> | have
> >>
> >> You downloaded an English version -- Yes ?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Dave
> >>

> Try this download site...

http://www.download.com/Ad-Aware-SE-Personal-Edition/30...

> --
> Dave

Anonymous
March 12, 2005 9:10:33 PM

From: "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid>

| David,
| I downloaded again on the site you gave me. The buttons are still in a
| foreign language but most have English popups.... except in General
| Settings... they are in a foreign language with no English popups.
| Eileen
| | "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote in message

It doesn't make sense and I don't understand why.
I gave you a URL for an English version and it should display in English.

--
Dave
Anonymous

If I knew how to capture the screen, I would send you a picture of it.
Perhaps if you would tell me what the seven buttons in General Setting on
the left side and the one on the right bottom say, I could somehow figure
this out.
Eileen

news:o aAgyi1JFHA.3340@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> From: "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid>
>
> | David,
> | I downloaded again on the site you gave me. The buttons are still in a
> | foreign language but most have English popups.... except in General
> | Settings... they are in a foreign language with no English popups.
> | Eileen
> | | "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote in message
>
> It doesn't make sense and I don't understand why.
> I gave you a URL for an English version and it should display in English.
>

> --
> Dave

Anonymous
March 12, 2005 9:10:34 PM

In the meantime, I will uninstall the Ad-aware and reinstall it.
Eileen
news:o aAgyi1JFHA.3340@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> From: "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid>
>
> | David,
> | I downloaded again on the site you gave me. The buttons are still in a
> | foreign language but most have English popups.... except in General
> | Settings... they are in a foreign language with no English popups.
> | Eileen
> | | "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote in message
>
> It doesn't make sense and I don't understand why.
> I gave you a URL for an English version and it should display in English.
>

> --
> Dave

Anonymous
March 12, 2005 10:03:42 PM

Well, the uninstall and then install didn't fix... still have what looks
like Greek. Thanks for the picture. I went to 'Interface Settings'. In
'language tile' there is two choices, neither of which is English. This is
very frustrating.
Eileen

"Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
news:o uXpY01JFHA.1004@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> In the meantime, I will uninstall the Ad-aware and reinstall it.
> Eileen
> news:o aAgyi1JFHA.3340@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> > From: "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid>
> >
> > | David,
> > | I downloaded again on the site you gave me. The buttons are still in
> > | foreign language but most have English popups.... except in General
> > | Settings... they are in a foreign language with no English popups.
> > | Eileen
> >
> > It doesn't make sense and I don't understand why.
> > I gave you a URL for an English version and it should display in
English.

> > --
> > Dave

Anonymous
March 12, 2005 10:58:20 PM

"Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:o $3Xu62JFHA.336@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> There is a language option - although mine only shows English (Default)
and
> Default, both of which are English <g>
>
> From David's .jpg, select the "Interface" option :-
>
> Mart
>

> "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> > Well, the uninstall and then install didn't fix... still have what looks
> > like Greek. Thanks for the picture. I went to 'Interface Settings'.
In
> > 'language tile' there is two choices, neither of which is English.
This
> > is
> > very frustrating.
> > Eileen
> >
> > "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> > news:o uXpY01JFHA.1004@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> >> In the meantime, I will uninstall the Ad-aware and reinstall it.
> >> Eileen
> >> "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote in message
> >> news:o aAgyi1JFHA.3340@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...

> > English.

Anonymous
March 12, 2005 11:39:40 PM

Eileen,
Try the uninstall again and see if there is a preference file left
in the directory. You should be able to delete the directory altogether
after the uninstall.

Art

Eileen wrote:
> Well, the uninstall and then install didn't fix... still have what looks
> like Greek. Thanks for the picture. I went to 'Interface Settings'. In
> 'language tile' there is two choices, neither of which is English. This is
> very frustrating.
> Eileen
>
> "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> news:o uXpY01JFHA.1004@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>
>>In the meantime, I will uninstall the Ad-aware and reinstall it.
>>Eileen
>>"David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote in message
>>news:o aAgyi1JFHA.3340@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>>
>>>From: "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid>

>>>It doesn't make sense and I don't understand why.
>>>I gave you a URL for an English version and it should display in
>
> English.
>

>>>--
>>>Dave

Anonymous
March 13, 2005 1:09:45 AM

Eilene, was there a prefs.ini file in the directory for Ad-aware 6?

Art

Eileen wrote:
> Well, the uninstall and then install didn't fix... still have what looks
> like Greek. Thanks for the picture. I went to 'Interface Settings'. In
> 'language tile' there is two choices, neither of which is English. This is
> very frustrating.
> Eileen
>
> "Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.com> wrote in message
> news:o $3Xu62JFHA.336@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>
>>There is a language option - although mine only shows English (Default)
>
> and
>
>>Default, both of which are English <g>
>>
>>From David's .jpg, select the "Interface" option :-
>>
>>Mart
>>

>>"Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>>
>>>Well, the uninstall and then install didn't fix... still have what looks
>>>like Greek. Thanks for the picture. I went to 'Interface Settings'.
>
> In
>
>>>'language tile' there is two choices, neither of which is English.
>
> This
>
>>>is
>>>very frustrating.
>>>Eileen
>>>
>>>"Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>>>news:o uXpY01JFHA.1004@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...

> in

>>>English.

Anonymous
March 13, 2005 1:09:46 AM

Art,
I don't know. I deleted Ad-aware6.
Eileen

<Art@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Eilene, was there a prefs.ini file in the directory for Ad-aware 6?
>
> Art
>
> Eileen wrote:
> > Well, the uninstall and then install didn't fix... still have what looks
> > like Greek. Thanks for the picture. I went to 'Interface Settings'.
In
> > 'language tile' there is two choices, neither of which is English.
This is
> > very frustrating.
> > Eileen
> >
> > "Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > news:o $3Xu62JFHA.336@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> >
> >>There is a language option - although mine only shows English (Default)
> >
> > and
> >
> >>Default, both of which are English <g>
> >>
> >>From David's .jpg, select the "Interface" option :-
> >>
> >>Mart
> >>

> >>"Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

> > In

> > This

> > in

March 13, 2005 1:15:01 AM

Eileen wrote:

> When I downloaded, I saw no choices of language.
> Eileen

Was there a language choice during the install? I have the SE it but
don't remember.

Vince
Anonymous
March 13, 2005 5:06:25 AM

Don't know if this will work in your case but has to be worth a try:-
"Description of and Troubleshooting the Marlett TrueType Font"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];134861

If the first part of the article doesn't fix it, note and try the section
near the bottom page, referring to the maximum number of fonts and the
suggestion of deleting the ttfcache file.

HTH and good luck

Mart

> Well, the uninstall and then install didn't fix... still have what looks
> like Greek. Thanks for the picture. I went to 'Interface Settings'. In
> 'language tile' there is two choices, neither of which is English. This
> is
> very frustrating.
> Eileen
>
> "Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.com> wrote in message
> news:o $3Xu62JFHA.336@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>> There is a language option - although mine only shows English (Default)
> and
>> Default, both of which are English <g>
>>
>> From David's .jpg, select the "Interface" option :-
>>
>> Mart
>>

>> "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>> > Well, the uninstall and then install didn't fix... still have what
>> > looks
>> > like Greek. Thanks for the picture. I went to 'Interface Settings'.
> In
>> > 'language tile' there is two choices, neither of which is English.
> This
>> > is
>> > very frustrating.
>> > Eileen
>> >
>> > "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>> > news:o uXpY01JFHA.1004@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...

> in

>> > English.

March 13, 2005 5:15:08 AM

Alt+PrintScreen. Then paste it (Ctrl+V) into Paint and save it as a .jpg and
you've got a screenshot.

Alias

"Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid> wrote

> If I knew how to capture the screen, I would send you a picture of it.
> Perhaps if you would tell me what the seven buttons in General Setting on
> the left side and the one on the right bottom say, I could somehow figure
> this out.
> Eileen

> news:o aAgyi1JFHA.3340@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>> From: "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid>
>>
>> | David,
>> | I downloaded again on the site you gave me. The buttons are still in a
>> | foreign language but most have English popups.... except in General
>> | Settings... they are in a foreign language with no English popups.
>> | Eileen
>>
>> It doesn't make sense and I don't understand why.
>> I gave you a URL for an English version and it should display in English.
>>

>> --
>> Dave

Anonymous
March 13, 2005 5:15:09 AM

Alias,
Thanks, I did it... now to send the picture.
Eileen

"Alias" <aka@maskedandanonymous.com> wrote in message
> Alt+PrintScreen. Then paste it (Ctrl+V) into Paint and save it as a .jpg
and
> you've got a screenshot.
>
> Alias
>
> "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid> wrote
>
> > If I knew how to capture the screen, I would send you a picture of it.
> > Perhaps if you would tell me what the seven buttons in General Setting
on
> > the left side and the one on the right bottom say, I could somehow
figure
> > this out.
> > Eileen
> >
> > "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote in message
> > news:o aAgyi1JFHA.3340@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> >> From: "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid>

> >> It doesn't make sense and I don't understand why.
> >> I gave you a URL for an English version and it should display in
English.

> >> --
> >> Dave

Anonymous
March 13, 2005 5:16:00 AM

BTW - This also applies to WinMe and the marlett.ttf file is located in
WIN_20.CAB. Use msconfig to extract a fresh copy.

See also: "How to Extract Original Compressed Windows Files"
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q129/6...

HTH and good luck

Mart

> Don't know if this will work in your case but has to be worth a try:-
> "Description of and Troubleshooting the Marlett TrueType Font"
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];134861
>
> If the first part of the article doesn't fix it, note and try the section
> near the bottom page, referring to the maximum number of fonts and the
> suggestion of deleting the ttfcache file.
>
> HTH and good luck
>
> Mart
>

> "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>> Well, the uninstall and then install didn't fix... still have what looks
>> like Greek. Thanks for the picture. I went to 'Interface Settings'. In
>> 'language tile' there is two choices, neither of which is English. This
>> is
>> very frustrating.
>> Eileen
>>
>> "Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> news:o $3Xu62JFHA.336@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>>> There is a language option - although mine only shows English (Default)
>> and
>>> Default, both of which are English <g>
>>>
>>> From David's .jpg, select the "Interface" option :-
>>>
>>> Mart
>>>

>>> "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>> In
>> This

>> in

Anonymous
March 13, 2005 5:16:01 AM

Mart,
I couldn't get it to extract.

> BTW - This also applies to WinMe and the marlett.ttf file is located in
> WIN_20.CAB. Use msconfig to extract a fresh copy.
>
> See also: "How to Extract Original Compressed Windows Files"
> http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q129/6...
>
> HTH and good luck
>
> Mart
>

> "Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > Don't know if this will work in your case but has to be worth a try:-
> > "Description of and Troubleshooting the Marlett TrueType Font"
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];134861
> >
> > If the first part of the article doesn't fix it, note and try the
section
> > near the bottom page, referring to the maximum number of fonts and the
> > suggestion of deleting the ttfcache file.
> >
> > HTH and good luck
> >
> > Mart
> >

> > "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> >> Well, the uninstall and then install didn't fix... still have what
looks
> >> like Greek. Thanks for the picture. I went to 'Interface Settings'.
In
> >> 'language tile' there is two choices, neither of which is English.
This
> >> is
> >> very frustrating.
> >> Eileen
> >>
> >> "Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.com> wrote in message
> >> news:o $3Xu62JFHA.336@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> >> and

Settings'.
> >> In
> >> This

> >> in

Anonymous
March 13, 2005 7:30:22 PM

You may be heading in the wrong direction.
Your screen shot shows Greek characters (AFAIK)

Without yet knowing what the problem is:
1. It is unlikely to be Marlett, as that doesn't contain Greek.
2. It is unlikely to be an Ad-Aware language pack problem as you don't
mention downloading it and it doesn't contain Greek anyway.
It has Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian,
Portuguese, Spanish and Swedish

I suggest you ask in the Lavasoft forums unless you can pick another
application that also shows Greek. My vague suspicion at this stage is
that you have a Greek .dll file in your System folder, as Ad-Aware
does not seem to have any .dll files itself.

Did you ever solve this problem when you asked in October 2003?

....Alan

--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html

In microsoft.public.windowsme.general, "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid>
wrote:

>Well, the uninstall and then install didn't fix... still have what looks
>like Greek. Thanks for the picture. I went to 'Interface Settings'. In
>'language tile' there is two choices, neither of which is English. This is
>very frustrating.
>Eileen
>
>"Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.com> wrote in message
>news:o $3Xu62JFHA.336@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>> There is a language option - although mine only shows English (Default)
>and
>> Default, both of which are English <g>
>>
>> From David's .jpg, select the "Interface" option :-
>>
>> Mart
>>

>> "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>> > Well, the uninstall and then install didn't fix... still have what looks
>> > like Greek. Thanks for the picture. I went to 'Interface Settings'.
>In
>> > 'language tile' there is two choices, neither of which is English.
>This
>> > is
>> > very frustrating.
>> > Eileen
>> >
>> > "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>> > news:o uXpY01JFHA.1004@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...

>in

>> > English.

Anonymous
March 13, 2005 7:30:23 PM

Alan, I take your point regarding the Marlett font (Greek) - but did wonder
whether flushing the ttfcache might work..

Eileen, in the meantime, if you can 'see' the Marlett.ttf file in the CAB
using Windows Explorer, you *may* be able to Copy or Extract it using your
mouse 'right-click'.

However, back to Alan's reasoning, the Ad-AwareSE copy here contains a
subfolder in the Lavasoft folder called Lang. This contains a file called
'default.awl' size 28,119 bytes dated 09/01/2004 (US) at 14.37 hrs. - Maybe
of some help?

Mart

"Alan Edwards" <edwards@southcom.com.au> wrote in message
> You may be heading in the wrong direction.
> Your screen shot shows Greek characters (AFAIK)
>
> Without yet knowing what the problem is:
> 1. It is unlikely to be Marlett, as that doesn't contain Greek.
> 2. It is unlikely to be an Ad-Aware language pack problem as you don't
> mention downloading it and it doesn't contain Greek anyway.
> It has Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian,
> Portuguese, Spanish and Swedish
>
> I suggest you ask in the Lavasoft forums unless you can pick another
> application that also shows Greek. My vague suspicion at this stage is
> that you have a Greek .dll file in your System folder, as Ad-Aware
> does not seem to have any .dll files itself.
>
> Did you ever solve this problem when you asked in October 2003?
>
> ...Alan
>
> --
> Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
> http://dts-l.org/index.html
>
> In microsoft.public.windowsme.general, "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>>Well, the uninstall and then install didn't fix... still have what looks
>>like Greek. Thanks for the picture. I went to 'Interface Settings'. In
>>'language tile' there is two choices, neither of which is English. This
>>is
>>very frustrating.
>>Eileen
>>
>>"Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.com> wrote in message
>>news:o $3Xu62JFHA.336@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>>> There is a language option - although mine only shows English (Default)
>>and
>>> Default, both of which are English <g>
>>>
>>> From David's .jpg, select the "Interface" option :-
>>>
>>> Mart
>>>

>>> "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>>In
>>This

>>in

Anonymous
March 13, 2005 7:30:23 PM

Alan,
No, the problem was never solved.
Eileen

"Alan Edwards" <edwards@southcom.com.au> wrote in message
> You may be heading in the wrong direction.
> Your screen shot shows Greek characters (AFAIK)
>
> Without yet knowing what the problem is:
> 1. It is unlikely to be Marlett, as that doesn't contain Greek.
> 2. It is unlikely to be an Ad-Aware language pack problem as you don't
> mention downloading it and it doesn't contain Greek anyway.
> It has Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian,
> Portuguese, Spanish and Swedish
>
> I suggest you ask in the Lavasoft forums unless you can pick another
> application that also shows Greek. My vague suspicion at this stage is
> that you have a Greek .dll file in your System folder, as Ad-Aware
> does not seem to have any .dll files itself.
>
> Did you ever solve this problem when you asked in October 2003?
>
> ...Alan
>
> --
> Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
> http://dts-l.org/index.html
>
> In microsoft.public.windowsme.general, "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid>
> wrote:
>
> >Well, the uninstall and then install didn't fix... still have what looks
> >like Greek. Thanks for the picture. I went to 'Interface Settings'. In
> >'language tile' there is two choices, neither of which is English. This
is
> >very frustrating.
> >Eileen
> >
> >"Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.com> wrote in message
> >news:o $3Xu62JFHA.336@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> >> There is a language option - although mine only shows English (Default)
> >and
> >> Default, both of which are English <g>
> >>
> >> From David's .jpg, select the "Interface" option :-
> >>
> >> Mart
> >>

> >> "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> >In
> >This

> >in
General

Anonymous
March 13, 2005 7:30:24 PM

Looking through my Control Panel and see two things that I don't know. Can
you tell me what 'WildTangent Control Panel' is? Also 'AC3 Filter'?
I'm sorry to be such a pest and PC ignorant.

> Alan,
> No, the problem was never solved.
> Eileen
>
> "Alan Edwards" <edwards@southcom.com.au> wrote in message
> > You may be heading in the wrong direction.
> > Your screen shot shows Greek characters (AFAIK)
> >
> > Without yet knowing what the problem is:
> > 1. It is unlikely to be Marlett, as that doesn't contain Greek.
> > 2. It is unlikely to be an Ad-Aware language pack problem as you don't
> > mention downloading it and it doesn't contain Greek anyway.
> > It has Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian,
> > Portuguese, Spanish and Swedish
> >
> > I suggest you ask in the Lavasoft forums unless you can pick another
> > application that also shows Greek. My vague suspicion at this stage is
> > that you have a Greek .dll file in your System folder, as Ad-Aware
> > does not seem to have any .dll files itself.
> >
> > Did you ever solve this problem when you asked in October 2003?
> >
> > ...Alan
> >
> > --
> > Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
> > http://dts-l.org/index.html
> >
> > In microsoft.public.windowsme.general, "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid>
> > wrote:
> >
> > >Well, the uninstall and then install didn't fix... still have what
looks
> > >like Greek. Thanks for the picture. I went to 'Interface Settings'.
In
> > >'language tile' there is two choices, neither of which is English.
This
> is
> > >very frustrating.
> > >Eileen
> > >
> > >"Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > >news:o $3Xu62JFHA.336@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> > >and

> looks
Settings'.
> > >In
> > >This

> still
> > >in
> General
> popups.
> message

Anonymous
March 13, 2005 7:30:25 PM

From: "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid>

| Looking through my Control Panel and see two things that I don't know. Can
| you tell me what 'WildTangent Control Panel' is? Also 'AC3 Filter'?
| I'm sorry to be such a pest and PC ignorant.
| Eileen
|
| "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

Wild Tangent is considered spyware and is the reason you want to use Adaware SE :-)

I suggest you create a new post, however not here but in the Lavasoft support forums.

http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/

Explain what was discussed in this thread and your "greek font" problem. I suggest going to
the Lavasoft support forums because I assume you don't get Greek fonts in other applications
on your WinME platform

--
Dave
Anonymous

Hi Mart

I thought afterwards that I should apologize for treading on the toes
of previous responders but I decided that you would understand where
some others may not.
I was quite aware of your response and I couched my response as
carefully as I could, bearing in mind I usually stomp with hobnail
boots, not moccasins. (Oh s**t! I hope I have not offended Jan. It was
easy when PC meant a Personal Computer)

Mine is the same (despite the format):
28,119 bytes--Mod 01-09-04, 14:37 PM (OZ format)

I am still in guessing mode, so I will not be upset with any criticism
(idiot responses excepted <g>)
I don't think ttfcache is the problem, but I am still not sure.

....Alan

--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html

In microsoft.public.windowsme.general, "Mart"
<mart(NoSpam)@nospam.com> wrote:

>Alan, I take your point regarding the Marlett font (Greek) - but did wonder
>whether flushing the ttfcache might work..
>
>Eileen, in the meantime, if you can 'see' the Marlett.ttf file in the CAB
>using Windows Explorer, you *may* be able to Copy or Extract it using your
>mouse 'right-click'.
>
>However, back to Alan's reasoning, the Ad-AwareSE copy here contains a
>subfolder in the Lavasoft folder called Lang. This contains a file called
>'default.awl' size 28,119 bytes dated 09/01/2004 (US) at 14.37 hrs. - Maybe
>of some help?
>
>Mart
>

>"Alan Edwards" <edwards@southcom.com.au> wrote in message
>> You may be heading in the wrong direction.
>> Your screen shot shows Greek characters (AFAIK)
>>
>> Without yet knowing what the problem is:
>> 1. It is unlikely to be Marlett, as that doesn't contain Greek.
>> 2. It is unlikely to be an Ad-Aware language pack problem as you don't
>> mention downloading it and it doesn't contain Greek anyway.
>> It has Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian,
>> Portuguese, Spanish and Swedish
>>
>> I suggest you ask in the Lavasoft forums unless you can pick another
>> application that also shows Greek. My vague suspicion at this stage is
>> that you have a Greek .dll file in your System folder, as Ad-Aware
>> does not seem to have any .dll files itself.
>>
>> Did you ever solve this problem when you asked in October 2003?
>>
>> ...Alan
>>
>> --
>> Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
>> http://dts-l.org/index.html
>>
>> In microsoft.public.windowsme.general, "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Well, the uninstall and then install didn't fix... still have what looks
>>>like Greek. Thanks for the picture. I went to 'Interface Settings'. In
>>>'language tile' there is two choices, neither of which is English. This
>>>is
>>>very frustrating.
>>>Eileen
>>>
>>>"Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.com> wrote in message
>>>news:o $3Xu62JFHA.336@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>>>and

>>>In
>>>This

>>>in

Anonymous
March 14, 2005 12:23:06 AM

Hey Alan, no apologies needed. - Only too happy when others join in - don't
forget, I jumped in too <g> and it *is* a discussion group!! Far from
'treading on toes', you got me thinking laterally.

> Mine is the same (despite the format):
> 28,119 bytes--Mod 01-09-04, 14:37 PM (OZ format)

Likewise here in the UK

Going back to Eileen's screen shot (compared to both of ours) - even the
'English' fonts "don't look right". Just wonder if her 'Regional & Language
Options' (Control Panel) are set correctly for her location.

> Hi Mart
>
> I thought afterwards that I should apologize for treading on the toes
> of previous responders but I decided that you would understand where
> some others may not.
> I was quite aware of your response and I couched my response as
> carefully as I could, bearing in mind I usually stomp with hobnail
> boots, not moccasins. (Oh s**t! I hope I have not offended Jan. It was
> easy when PC meant a Personal Computer)
>
> Mine is the same (despite the format):
> 28,119 bytes--Mod 01-09-04, 14:37 PM (OZ format)
>
> I am still in guessing mode, so I will not be upset with any criticism
> (idiot responses excepted <g>)
> I don't think ttfcache is the problem, but I am still not sure.
>
> ...Alan
>
> --
> Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
> http://dts-l.org/index.html
>
> In microsoft.public.windowsme.general, "Mart"
> <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.com> wrote:
>
>>Alan, I take your point regarding the Marlett font (Greek) - but did
>>wonder
>>whether flushing the ttfcache might work..
>>
>>Eileen, in the meantime, if you can 'see' the Marlett.ttf file in the CAB
>>using Windows Explorer, you *may* be able to Copy or Extract it using your
>>mouse 'right-click'.
>>
>>However, back to Alan's reasoning, the Ad-AwareSE copy here contains a
>>subfolder in the Lavasoft folder called Lang. This contains a file called
>>'default.awl' size 28,119 bytes dated 09/01/2004 (US) at 14.37 hrs. -
>>Maybe
>>of some help?
>>
>>Mart
>>

>>"Alan Edwards" <edwards@southcom.com.au> wrote in message
>>> You may be heading in the wrong direction.
>>> Your screen shot shows Greek characters (AFAIK)
>>>
>>> Without yet knowing what the problem is:
>>> 1. It is unlikely to be Marlett, as that doesn't contain Greek.
>>> 2. It is unlikely to be an Ad-Aware language pack problem as you don't
>>> mention downloading it and it doesn't contain Greek anyway.
>>> It has Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian,
>>> Portuguese, Spanish and Swedish
>>>
>>> I suggest you ask in the Lavasoft forums unless you can pick another
>>> application that also shows Greek. My vague suspicion at this stage is
>>> that you have a Greek .dll file in your System folder, as Ad-Aware
>>> does not seem to have any .dll files itself.
>>>
>>> Did you ever solve this problem when you asked in October 2003?
>>>
>>> ...Alan
>>>
>>> --
>>> Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
>>> http://dts-l.org/index.html

Anonymous
March 14, 2005 12:23:07 AM

Okay Guys, what do I do next?

news:o %23ox527JFHA.2628@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Hey Alan, no apologies needed. - Only too happy when others join in -
don't
> forget, I jumped in too <g> and it *is* a discussion group!! Far from
> 'treading on toes', you got me thinking laterally.
>
> > Mine is the same (despite the format):
> > 28,119 bytes--Mod 01-09-04, 14:37 PM (OZ format)
>
> Likewise here in the UK
>
> Going back to Eileen's screen shot (compared to both of ours) - even the
> 'English' fonts "don't look right". Just wonder if her 'Regional &
Language
> Options' (Control Panel) are set correctly for her location.
>
> Mart
>

> "Alan Edwards" <edwards@southcom.com.au> wrote in message
> > Hi Mart
> >
> > I thought afterwards that I should apologize for treading on the toes
> > of previous responders but I decided that you would understand where
> > some others may not.
> > I was quite aware of your response and I couched my response as
> > carefully as I could, bearing in mind I usually stomp with hobnail
> > boots, not moccasins. (Oh s**t! I hope I have not offended Jan. It was
> > easy when PC meant a Personal Computer)
> >
> > Mine is the same (despite the format):
> > 28,119 bytes--Mod 01-09-04, 14:37 PM (OZ format)
> >
> > I am still in guessing mode, so I will not be upset with any criticism
> > (idiot responses excepted <g>)
> > I don't think ttfcache is the problem, but I am still not sure.
> >
> > ...Alan
> >
> > --
> > Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
> > http://dts-l.org/index.html
> >
> > In microsoft.public.windowsme.general, "Mart"
> > <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.com> wrote:
> >
> >>Alan, I take your point regarding the Marlett font (Greek) - but did
> >>wonder
> >>whether flushing the ttfcache might work..
> >>
> >>Eileen, in the meantime, if you can 'see' the Marlett.ttf file in the
CAB
> >>using Windows Explorer, you *may* be able to Copy or Extract it using
your
> >>mouse 'right-click'.
> >>
> >>However, back to Alan's reasoning, the Ad-AwareSE copy here contains a
> >>subfolder in the Lavasoft folder called Lang. This contains a file
called
> >>'default.awl' size 28,119 bytes dated 09/01/2004 (US) at 14.37 hrs. -
> >>Maybe
> >>of some help?
> >>
> >>Mart
> >>

> >>"Alan Edwards" <edwards@southcom.com.au> wrote in message

English.

Anonymous
March 14, 2005 12:23:08 AM

Err... are ALL your 'Regional & Language Options' (in Control Panel) set
correctly for your location?

And
> - I couldn't get it to extract. Marlett.ttf?

What happened when you tried? Error messages?

Did you find it in WIN_20.CAB?

Did you try right-click and Extract or Copy?

If you Copy(ed) it, you then need to Paste it to the Fonts folder. (It will
probably want to overwrite the existing file) Any improvement?

Did you try deleting the ttfcache file? Did it have any affect?

Mart

"Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
news:o kPh%23j$JFHA.3336@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Okay Guys, what do I do next?
> Eileen
>
> "Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.com> wrote in message
> news:o %23ox527JFHA.2628@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>> Hey Alan, no apologies needed. - Only too happy when others join in -
> don't
>> forget, I jumped in too <g> and it *is* a discussion group!! Far from
>> 'treading on toes', you got me thinking laterally.
>>
>> > Mine is the same (despite the format):
>> > 28,119 bytes--Mod 01-09-04, 14:37 PM (OZ format)
>>
>> Likewise here in the UK
>>
>> Going back to Eileen's screen shot (compared to both of ours) - even the
>> 'English' fonts "don't look right". Just wonder if her 'Regional &
> Language
>> Options' (Control Panel) are set correctly for her location.
>>
>> Mart
>>

>> "Alan Edwards" <edwards@southcom.com.au> wrote in message
>> > Hi Mart
>> >
>> > I thought afterwards that I should apologize for treading on the toes
>> > of previous responders but I decided that you would understand where
>> > some others may not.
>> > I was quite aware of your response and I couched my response as
>> > carefully as I could, bearing in mind I usually stomp with hobnail
>> > boots, not moccasins. (Oh s**t! I hope I have not offended Jan. It was
>> > easy when PC meant a Personal Computer)
>> >
>> > Mine is the same (despite the format):
>> > 28,119 bytes--Mod 01-09-04, 14:37 PM (OZ format)
>> >
>> > I am still in guessing mode, so I will not be upset with any criticism
>> > (idiot responses excepted <g>)
>> > I don't think ttfcache is the problem, but I am still not sure.
>> >
>> > ...Alan
>> >
>> > --
>> > Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
>> > http://dts-l.org/index.html

> CAB
> your

> called

> looks

> English.

> in

Anonymous
March 14, 2005 12:23:09 AM

They are set for English and United States... which is right.

> Err... are ALL your 'Regional & Language Options' (in Control Panel) set
> correctly for your location?
>
> And
> > - I couldn't get it to extract. Marlett.ttf?
>
> What happened when you tried? Error messages?
>
> Did you find it in WIN_20.CAB?
>
> Did you try right-click and Extract or Copy?
>
> If you Copy(ed) it, you then need to Paste it to the Fonts folder. (It
will
> probably want to overwrite the existing file) Any improvement?
>
> Did you try deleting the ttfcache file? Did it have any affect?
>
> Mart
>

> "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> news:o kPh%23j$JFHA.3336@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> > Okay Guys, what do I do next?
> > Eileen
> >
> > "Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > news:o %23ox527JFHA.2628@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> >> Hey Alan, no apologies needed. - Only too happy when others join in -
> > don't
> >> forget, I jumped in too <g> and it *is* a discussion group!! Far from
> >> 'treading on toes', you got me thinking laterally.

> >> Likewise here in the UK
> >>
> >> Going back to Eileen's screen shot (compared to both of ours) - even
the
> >> 'English' fonts "don't look right". Just wonder if her 'Regional &
> > Language
> >> Options' (Control Panel) are set correctly for her location.
> >>
> >> Mart
> >>

> >> "Alan Edwards" <edwards@southcom.com.au> wrote in message

> > CAB
> > your

> > called

<vann@nospam.invalid>

> > looks
Settings'.

> > English.

> > in

Anonymous
March 14, 2005 12:23:10 AM

As you are located in the United States and US-English is your native
language, then they are the correct settings.

So that leaves the marlett font and the font cache file to check. After
that, I'm fresh out of ideas.

Mart

> They are set for English and United States... which is right.
> Eileen
>
> "Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> Err... are ALL your 'Regional & Language Options' (in Control Panel) set
>> correctly for your location?
>>
>> And
>> > - I couldn't get it to extract. Marlett.ttf?
>>
>> What happened when you tried? Error messages?
>>
>> Did you find it in WIN_20.CAB?
>>
>> Did you try right-click and Extract or Copy?
>>
>> If you Copy(ed) it, you then need to Paste it to the Fonts folder. (It
> will
>> probably want to overwrite the existing file) Any improvement?
>>
>> Did you try deleting the ttfcache file? Did it have any affect?
>>
>> Mart
>>

>> "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>> news:o kPh%23j$JFHA.3336@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>> > Okay Guys, what do I do next?
>> > Eileen
>> >
>> > "Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> > news:o %23ox527JFHA.2628@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>> > don't

> the
>> > Language

> was

> criticism

>> > CAB
>> > your

>> > called

> another

> <vann@nospam.invalid>

>> > looks
> Settings'.

>> > English.

> it.
> message

> are
> in

> display
>> > in

Anonymous
March 14, 2005 3:23:48 AM

Alan Edwards wrote:
> You may be heading in the wrong direction.
> Your screen shot shows Greek characters (AFAIK)
>
> Without yet knowing what the problem is:
> 1. It is unlikely to be Marlett, as that doesn't contain Greek.
> 2. It is unlikely to be an Ad-Aware language pack problem as you don't
> mention downloading it and it doesn't contain Greek anyway.
> It has Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian,
> Portuguese, Spanish and Swedish
>
> I suggest you ask in the Lavasoft forums unless you can pick another
> application that also shows Greek. My vague suspicion at this stage is
> that you have a Greek .dll file in your System folder, as Ad-Aware
> does not seem to have any .dll files itself.
>
> Did you ever solve this problem when you asked in October 2003?
>
> ...Alan

On sticky problems like this, disable system restore
before doing the uninstall. That will kill any backup files
created during initial install. Often cures most tricky
problems.
WildTangent is a browser hijacker, and can inly be removed
by Programs like SpyBot Search and Destroy. I personally run
both Ad-Aware and Spybot. Sometimes what one doesn't catch ,
the other will.

--
Lester Stiefel
In Romans 1 there are qualities of Unregenerate man listed

DO NOT disable System Restore - it has NOTHING WHATEVER to do with the
problem!

--
Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

In fond memory of one of life's Gentlemen - Alex Nichol
http://www.aumha.org/alex.htm

"Lester Stiefel" <les7954@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Alan Edwards wrote:
>> You may be heading in the wrong direction.
>> Your screen shot shows Greek characters (AFAIK)
>>
>> Without yet knowing what the problem is:
>> 1. It is unlikely to be Marlett, as that doesn't contain Greek.
>> 2. It is unlikely to be an Ad-Aware language pack problem as you don't
>> mention downloading it and it doesn't contain Greek anyway.
>> It has Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian,
>> Portuguese, Spanish and Swedish
>>
>> I suggest you ask in the Lavasoft forums unless you can pick another
>> application that also shows Greek. My vague suspicion at this stage is
>> that you have a Greek .dll file in your System folder, as Ad-Aware
>> does not seem to have any .dll files itself.
>>
>> Did you ever solve this problem when you asked in October 2003?
>>
>> ...Alan
>>

> On sticky problems like this, disable system restore before doing the
> uninstall. That will kill any backup files created during initial install.
> Often cures most tricky problems.
> WildTangent is a browser hijacker, and can inly be removed by Programs
> like SpyBot Search and Destroy. I personally run both Ad-Aware and Spybot.
> Sometimes what one doesn't catch , the other will.
>
> --
> Lester Stiefel
> In Romans 1 there are qualities of Unregenerate man listed which describe
> him in the last days.
> Is your quality found on this list??
Anonymous
March 14, 2005 9:47:44 AM

Does any other application show any part in Greek also?
If a .dll is incorrect in the System folder, I would have expected it
to show elsewhere in the last 16 months.

....Alan

--

wrote:

>Alan,
>No, the problem was never solved.
>Eileen
>
>"Alan Edwards" <edwards@southcom.com.au> wrote in message
>> You may be heading in the wrong direction.
>> Your screen shot shows Greek characters (AFAIK)
>>
>> Without yet knowing what the problem is:
>> 1. It is unlikely to be Marlett, as that doesn't contain Greek.
>> 2. It is unlikely to be an Ad-Aware language pack problem as you don't
>> mention downloading it and it doesn't contain Greek anyway.
>> It has Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian,
>> Portuguese, Spanish and Swedish
>>
>> I suggest you ask in the Lavasoft forums unless you can pick another
>> application that also shows Greek. My vague suspicion at this stage is
>> that you have a Greek .dll file in your System folder, as Ad-Aware
>> does not seem to have any .dll files itself.
>>
>> Did you ever solve this problem when you asked in October 2003?
>>
>> ...Alan
>>
>> --
>> Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
>> http://dts-l.org/index.html
>>
>> In microsoft.public.windowsme.general, "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Well, the uninstall and then install didn't fix... still have what looks
>> >like Greek. Thanks for the picture. I went to 'Interface Settings'. In
>> >'language tile' there is two choices, neither of which is English. This
>is
>> >very frustrating.
>> >Eileen
>> >
>> >"Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> >news:o $3Xu62JFHA.336@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>> >and

>looks
>> >In
>> >This

>still
>> >in
>General
>popups.
>message

Anonymous
March 14, 2005 9:47:45 AM

I haven't noticed it anywhere else.
Eileen

> Does any other application show any part in Greek also?
> If a .dll is incorrect in the System folder, I would have expected it
> to show elsewhere in the last 16 months.
>
> ...Alan
>
> --
> Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
> http://dts-l.org/index.html
>
> In microsoft.public.windowsme.general, "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid>
> wrote:
>
> >Alan,
> >No, the problem was never solved.
> >Eileen
> >
> >"Alan Edwards" <edwards@southcom.com.au> wrote in message
> >> You may be heading in the wrong direction.
> >> Your screen shot shows Greek characters (AFAIK)
> >>
> >> Without yet knowing what the problem is:
> >> 1. It is unlikely to be Marlett, as that doesn't contain Greek.
> >> 2. It is unlikely to be an Ad-Aware language pack problem as you don't
> >> mention downloading it and it doesn't contain Greek anyway.
> >> It has Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian,
> >> Portuguese, Spanish and Swedish
> >>
> >> I suggest you ask in the Lavasoft forums unless you can pick another
> >> application that also shows Greek. My vague suspicion at this stage is
> >> that you have a Greek .dll file in your System folder, as Ad-Aware
> >> does not seem to have any .dll files itself.
> >>
> >> Did you ever solve this problem when you asked in October 2003?
> >>
> >> ...Alan
> >>
> >> --
> >> Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
> >> http://dts-l.org/index.html

In
This
> >is

> >looks
Settings'.
English.

> >still
> >General
> >popups.
> >message

Anonymous
March 14, 2005 10:11:17 AM

AFAIK, Wild Tangent is scumware. If you can't remove it in Add/Remove
then try Ad-Aware or Spybot.

As for 'AC3 filter', Multimedia is not my strong point but see if this
makes sense:
http://ac3filter.sourceforge.net/

....Alan

--

wrote:

>Looking through my Control Panel and see two things that I don't know. Can
>you tell me what 'WildTangent Control Panel' is? Also 'AC3 Filter'?
>I'm sorry to be such a pest and PC ignorant.
>Eileen
>
>"Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>> Alan,
>> No, the problem was never solved.
>> Eileen
>>
>> "Alan Edwards" <edwards@southcom.com.au> wrote in message
>> > You may be heading in the wrong direction.
>> > Your screen shot shows Greek characters (AFAIK)
>> >
>> > Without yet knowing what the problem is:
>> > 1. It is unlikely to be Marlett, as that doesn't contain Greek.
>> > 2. It is unlikely to be an Ad-Aware language pack problem as you don't
>> > mention downloading it and it doesn't contain Greek anyway.
>> > It has Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian,
>> > Portuguese, Spanish and Swedish
>> >
>> > I suggest you ask in the Lavasoft forums unless you can pick another
>> > application that also shows Greek. My vague suspicion at this stage is
>> > that you have a Greek .dll file in your System folder, as Ad-Aware
>> > does not seem to have any .dll files itself.
>> >
>> > Did you ever solve this problem when you asked in October 2003?
>> >
>> > ...Alan
>> >
>> > --
>> > Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
>> > http://dts-l.org/index.html

>looks
>In
>This
>> is

>(Default)

>> looks
>Settings'.

>> still
>> General
>> popups.
>> message

Anonymous
March 14, 2005 10:11:18 AM

Spybot removed Wild Tangent plus 4 other spyware.
Thanks, Eileen

> AFAIK, Wild Tangent is scumware. If you can't remove it in Add/Remove
> then try Ad-Aware or Spybot.
>
> As for 'AC3 filter', Multimedia is not my strong point but see if this
> makes sense:
> http://ac3filter.sourceforge.net/
>
> ...Alan
>
> --
> Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
> http://dts-l.org/index.html
>
> In microsoft.public.windowsme.general, "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid>
> wrote:
>
> >Looking through my Control Panel and see two things that I don't know.
Can
> >you tell me what 'WildTangent Control Panel' is? Also 'AC3 Filter'?
> >I'm sorry to be such a pest and PC ignorant.
> >Eileen
> >
> >"Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> >> Alan,
> >> No, the problem was never solved.
> >> Eileen
> >>
> >> "Alan Edwards" <edwards@southcom.com.au> wrote in message

> >looks
Settings'.
> >In
> >This
> >> is

> >(Default)

> >> looks
> >Settings'.
English.

> >> still
> >> General
> >> popups.
> >> message

Anonymous
March 14, 2005 12:51:03 PM

"Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
news:o VVvUu2JFHA.3336@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Alias,
> Thanks, I did it... now to send the picture.
> Eileen

<remainder snipped>

Thank you, Eileen, for posting your question. It's something I've wondered
about for a long time, but rarely had any occasion to make use of it. I'm
profiting from your query and the succinct answer. Thanks again.

Ken Bland
Anonymous
March 14, 2005 12:51:08 PM

OK. Try a post to the Lavasoft forum and report back.

....Alan

--

wrote:

>I haven't noticed it anywhere else.
>Eileen
>
>"Alan Edwards" <edwards@southcom.com.au> wrote in message
>> Does any other application show any part in Greek also?
>> If a .dll is incorrect in the System folder, I would have expected it
>> to show elsewhere in the last 16 months.
>>
>> ...Alan
>>
>> --
>> Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
>> http://dts-l.org/index.html
>>
>> In microsoft.public.windowsme.general, "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Alan,
>> >No, the problem was never solved.
>> >Eileen
>> >
>> >"Alan Edwards" <edwards@southcom.com.au> wrote in message

>looks
>In
>This
>> >is

>(Default)

>> >looks
>Settings'.
>English.

>> >still
>> >General
>> >popups.
>> >message

>in

Anonymous
March 14, 2005 12:51:09 PM

Okay. I post new.... this is getting too long.
Thanks for all the help.
Eileen

> OK. Try a post to the Lavasoft forum and report back.
>
> ...Alan
>
> --
> Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
> http://dts-l.org/index.html
>
> In microsoft.public.windowsme.general, "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid>
> wrote:
>
> >I haven't noticed it anywhere else.
> >Eileen
> >
> >"Alan Edwards" <edwards@southcom.com.au> wrote in message
> >> Does any other application show any part in Greek also?
> >> If a .dll is incorrect in the System folder, I would have expected it
> >> to show elsewhere in the last 16 months.
> >>
> >> ...Alan
> >>
> >> --
> >> Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
> >> http://dts-l.org/index.html

<vann@nospam.invalid>

> >looks
Settings'.
> >In
> >This

> >(Default)

> >Settings'.
> >English.

> >in

Anonymous
March 14, 2005 2:35:38 PM

One more post... I went to Lavasoft site and posted my problem but haven't
heard anything yet.
Thanks again, Eileen

!