Sign in with
Your question

BSOD

Last response: in Windows 7
March 4, 2011 12:45:26 AM

First time, what info do you need and how do I generate the reports?

More about : bsod

a b $ Windows 7
March 4, 2011 1:35:06 AM

BSOD are normally caused by either faulty memory or faulty drivers (particularly video drivers) Run a memory test program such as memtest86 overnight to eliminate bad memory as the cause of your problem and update the video driver. If the video driver is already the latest version then try an older video driver.
m
l
March 4, 2011 7:33:14 PM

Hello,

My PC is about 4 months old, along with the retail OS, Win 7 Ultimate 64.

Core i5-760, Nvidia GTX 460 Talon Hawk Attack (Factory OC), 8GB Gskill Ripjaw, 750TX Corsair PSU, Gigabyte P55A UD3 mobo.

My PC froze earlier today (had to pull power plug), then I got a few BSODs.

BSOD happened while teamspeak was running, if it matters. Windows said it might be my Microsoft Lifecam? I suspect my video card...

Link to a thread with the dump file and diax
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-debugging/148401-bso...

UPDATE
I think I figured it out!

My Realtek High Def Audio device keeps becoming invalid in Teamspeak seemingly at random, and then also in my audio manager options, it seays nothing is plugged in (my speakers still work, it just shows my onboard audio device to be failing...)

I tried rolling back the drivers, then re-updating them, but to no avail... what should I do? I really don't wanna RMA my board... maybe buy an addon audio card, will that work if I somehow delete these drivers? I use a Gigabyte P55A UD3 btw.
m
l
March 6, 2011 3:50:50 AM

you may need to change some bios settings ... Your power supply should be giving and adequate supply of power to everything ... if it has dedicated rails ... goto there website and see if the drivers for that are there... wait and if u get the BSOD again write down what the error is and then google that specific error ... That would be the best solution and see what it recommends and if all else fails RMA
m
l
!