2x 120GB SATA HDD in RAID 0
1x 60GB IDE data drive
1x 80GB External Backup HDD
NEC 16x DVD Writer
Plextor 12x DVD Writer
SB Audigy 2 ZS
Aver PCI Freeview Card
350w PSU

Anyway im looking to swap the mobo and cpu for the following items :

Asus K8N-E deluxe Nforce 3 250Gb Mobo
AMD 64 3000+ Retail ( or maybe a 3200+ if i can stretch to it ).

Checked my memory and its on the QVR list on asus website.

Will i see much of a performance boost. I play mostly doom 3, ut2004
etc. The whole upgrade for the mobo and the 3000+ cpu will cost about
170.00.

Then im assuming that i can sell the mobo and cpu i have now on ebay
for at least 70 quid which will go a good way to the fund.

Cheers all.

paul

:

> Will i see much of a performance boost. I play mostly doom 3, ut2004
> etc.

Probably not much on Doom3, none on UT2004.
--
Mac Cool

Clob

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2003

Save the money and wait for next generation tech.