Ad-aware causing / loss of connectivity? /

This is getting a fair bit of exposure, it's worth a look and
some consideration -
http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=60484

Feel free to post elsewhere as you see fit.
Quote subject and URL, please.

Silj

--
siljaline

MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security (AH-VSOP)
Security Tools Updates
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31

(Reply to group, as return address
is invalid - that we may all benefit)

Silj:

My question here is, why does it only happen to some and not all machines?
If it does happen, isn't that a sign of something being wrong on the
affected machine?
Just curious.

Harry.

"webster72n" wrote:
> Silj:
>
> My question here is, why does it only happen to some and not all machines?
> If it does happen, isn't that a sign of something being wrong on the
> affected machine?
> Just curious.

Harry,
There were extenuating circumstances involved in several of these events.
All of which were heavy Spyware infestations - Lavasoft R&D are looking at it.
Loss of Net Connectivity results in not being able to connect to the Net.
Rather extreme at best especially for novice users and others.
Read the thread I posted, makes for intriguing reading.

Silj

--
siljaline

MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security (AH-VSOP)
Security Tools Updates
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31

(Reply to group, as return address
is invalid - that we may all benefit)

Silj:

I just "joined the club", enabling me to take advantage of the things these
Lavasoft Support Forums have to offer.
It was interesting reading indeed and I am tempted to make my solution
available to the forum. It may be of help to some of the troubled users.
What's your take on that?

"webster72n" wrote:

> Silj:
>
> I just "joined the club", enabling me to take advantage of the things these
> Lavasoft Support Forums have to offer.
> It was interesting reading indeed and I am tempted to make my solution
> available to the forum. It may be of help to some of the troubled users.
> What's your take on that?

What's my take on what, Harry?
If you've posted suggestions to Lavasoft, well, let's have the URL.

Silj

--
siljaline

MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security (AH-VSOP)
Security Tools Updates
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31

(Reply to group, as return address
is invalid - that we may all benefit)

Sorry, Silj, no URL - yet, but my thinking was to submit some solutions to
some problems in the forum(s), if it was accepted.
But I may have reached a bit too far and will be better off to
leave well enough alone.
It is a good feeling when "all's well" and hopefully it will stay that way,
too.

Cheers,