New Memory

I increased my memory from 64 mb to 256 mb. Now my pc hangs even when I am
not surfing. What could be causing this ?
I have a Compaq Presario 5000T usinf windows ME.
Thanks,
Clarence

Perhaps the memory is not properly installed or is defective.
Or the chipset will not support such a large module.

Remove and reinstall only the 256 MB module. Confirm that the BIOS is
detecting all the memory. If only one half of the 256 MB is detected, then
the chipset probably does not support double density memory.

If the BIOS detects all the installed memory, confirm that Windows does,
too, at Control Panel/System Properties.

In Memorium: Alex Nichol
Your cooperation is very appreciated.
------