Restack TCP/IP?

Win ME on Compaq Presario will ping IP's but not URL's. ISP Comcast says
winsock issue but can't help me because of no OS cd that I need to restack
TCP/IP (no idea what that means). I suspect Java.ByteVerify!exploit trojan
and Java.Shinwow.Q trojan in .jpi_cache that E-trust cannot clean, even with
SysRestore disabled. Haven't scanned in safe mode though come to think of it.
Also upped Jview version to 3810. Humbly request any suggestions. Thanks!
5 answers Last reply
More about restack

    http://www.subratam.org/?page=removal
    ----
    www.careyholzman.com/netfixes.htm

    Tip #3 has locations and descriptions.

    Carey Jan 2005
    -----

    In Memorium: Alex Nichol
    Your cooperation is very appreciated.
    ------
    "NTquated" <NTquated@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Win ME on Compaq Presario will ping IP's but not URL's. ISP Comcast says
    > winsock issue but can't help me because of no OS cd that I need to restack
    > TCP/IP (no idea what that means). I suspect Java.ByteVerify!exploit trojan
    > and Java.Shinwow.Q trojan in .jpi_cache that E-trust cannot clean, even
    with
    > SysRestore disabled. Haven't scanned in safe mode though come to think of
    it.
    > Also upped Jview version to 3810. Humbly request any suggestions. Thanks!

    hmm, cexxlspfix said no entries removed or renumbered and lavasoft's fix said
    no integrity problems. I still have Java.ByteVerify!exploit
    and Java.Shinwow.Q trojans in .jpi_cache that I've asked CA why they aren't
    being removed - should that be my first priority? I spybot and ad-aware
    fairly consistently and re-ran an older version of cwshredder last night - no
    problems reported.(I can't connect to net to update unless I have IP address)
    MSKB solution to above mentioned trojan was to update Jview to 3810 which I
    apparently already have. In my internet properties I have the "JIT compiler
    for virtual machine enabled", is that related? I had disabled the ICS network
    adapter a while ago, due to forgotten issues - NAV I think - and occasionally
    get "icsmgr has caused an error Kernel32.dll" AND oe:018F:BFF7B018 blue
    screen (whether or not ICS is enabled or not)As you can tell, I don't know
    much about computers - but I do jump right in when necessary. Thanks

    "Jack E Martinelli" wrote:

    > http://www.subratam.org/?page=removal
    > ----
    > www.careyholzman.com/netfixes.htm
    >
    > Tip #3 has locations and descriptions.
    >
    > Carey Jan 2005
    > -----

    > In Memorium: Alex Nichol
    > Your cooperation is very appreciated.
    > ------
    > "NTquated" <NTquated@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Win ME on Compaq Presario will ping IP's but not URL's. ISP Comcast says
    > > winsock issue but can't help me because of no OS cd that I need to restack
    > > TCP/IP (no idea what that means). I suspect Java.ByteVerify!exploit trojan
    > > and Java.Shinwow.Q trojan in .jpi_cache that E-trust cannot clean, even
    > with
    > > SysRestore disabled. Haven't scanned in safe mode though come to think of
    > it.
    > > Also upped Jview version to 3810. Humbly request any suggestions. Thanks!

    The latest version of CWShredder and HiJackThis are both at 201 KB or less.
    Use another machine to retrieve the zipped setup files, install them on the
    affected box, and disinfect.
    CWShredder is quite safe, but be very careful about what you remove using
    HJT.
    -----
    Java Virtual Machine

    Here are two excellent sites for identifying what JVM version(s) you
    have running, troublesooting, fixing, and getting new downloads:
    http://www.javatester.org/
    http://www.java.com/en/download/help/testvm.jsp

    --
    Jim Eshelman, MS-MVP Windows/Security
    Windows Support Center: http://aumha.org/

    > hmm, cexxlspfix said no entries removed or renumbered and lavasoft's fix
    said
    > no integrity problems. I still have Java.ByteVerify!exploit
    > and Java.Shinwow.Q trojans in .jpi_cache that I've asked CA why they
    aren't
    > being removed - should that be my first priority? I spybot and ad-aware
    > fairly consistently and re-ran an older version of cwshredder last night -
    no
    > problems reported.(I can't connect to net to update unless I have IP
    address)
    > MSKB solution to above mentioned trojan was to update Jview to 3810 which
    > apparently already have. In my internet properties I have the "JIT
    compiler
    > for virtual machine enabled", is that related? I had disabled the ICS
    network
    > adapter a while ago, due to forgotten issues - NAV I think - and
    occasionally
    > get "icsmgr has caused an error Kernel32.dll" AND oe:018F:BFF7B018 blue
    > screen (whether or not ICS is enabled or not)As you can tell, I don't know
    > much about computers - but I do jump right in when necessary. Thanks
    >
    > "Jack E Martinelli" wrote:
    >
    > > http://www.subratam.org/?page=removal
    > > ----
    > > www.careyholzman.com/netfixes.htm
    > >
    > > Tip #3 has locations and descriptions.
    > >
    > > Carey Jan 2005
    > > -----
    > >
    > > --
    > > Jack E. Martinelli 2002-05 MS MVP for Shell/User / DTS
    > > Help us help you: http://www.dts-L.org/goodpost.htm
    > >
    > > http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/default.aspx
    > > In Memorium: Alex Nichol
    > > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/meetexperts/nichol.mspx
    > > Your cooperation is very appreciated.
    > > ------
    > > "NTquated" <NTquated@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > Win ME on Compaq Presario will ping IP's but not URL's. ISP Comcast
    says
    > > > winsock issue but can't help me because of no OS cd that I need to
    restack
    > > > TCP/IP (no idea what that means). I suspect Java.ByteVerify!exploit
    trojan
    > > > and Java.Shinwow.Q trojan in .jpi_cache that E-trust cannot clean,
    even
    > > with
    > > > SysRestore disabled. Haven't scanned in safe mode though come to think
    of
    > > it.
    > > > Also upped Jview version to 3810. Humbly request any suggestions.
    Thanks!

    Sorry for delay, spysubtract, Stinger and offline update to Jview 3810 didn't
    clean. Plan to uninstall MSVM and install Java
    version(http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp). If this does not fix my
    troubles and I do have to restack TCP/IP, how up the creek am I without
    original OS CD?
    PS. I clicked restart and got "Netscape caused Kernel32.dll"
    upon restart pc froze after 2 items in systray - reboot #1
    Etrust says fatal error, please reboot #2
    OE:0177:BFF7B018 blue screen - reboot #3
    pc froze during scandisk - reboot #4
    I think there was another reboot in there also but I'm just complaining so
    I'll stop here

    "Jack E Martinelli" wrote:

> [...]
    > compiler
    > > for virtual machine enabled", is that related? I had disabled the ICS
    > network
    > > adapter a while ago, due to forgotten issues - NAV I think - and
    > occasionally
    > > get "icsmgr has caused an error Kernel32.dll" AND oe:018F:BFF7B018 blue
    > > screen (whether or not ICS is enabled or not)As you can tell, I don't know
    > > much about computers - but I do jump right in when necessary. Thanks
    > >
    > > "Jack E Martinelli" wrote:
    > >
    > > > http://www.subratam.org/?page=removal
    > > > ----
    > > > www.careyholzman.com/netfixes.htm
    > > >
    > > > Tip #3 has locations and descriptions.
    > > >
    > > > Carey Jan 2005
    > > > -----
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Jack E. Martinelli 2002-05 MS MVP for Shell/User / DTS

    had wrong MSVM uninstall version but fortuitously logged a OE:0177:BFF7B018
    blue screen. Here are my fails:
    [001358B8] Loading Vxd = C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANTEC\SYMEVNT.386
    [001358B8] LoadFailed = C:\PROGRA~1\SYMANTEC\SYMEVNT.386

    [00135910] Starting PCTEL Platinum V.90 Modem (WDM_MODEM\PCT0001\WDMMDM0)
    [00135910] Dynamic load device 0
    [00135912] Dynamic load failed 0 : [00135912] File not found
    [00135912] Started PCTEL Platinum V.90 Modem (WDM_MODEM\PCT0001\WDMMDM0)

    [001359BB] Loading PNP drivers of Internet Connection Sharing (ROOT\NET\0001)
    [001359BB] Dynamic load device ICSHARE.vxd
    [001359BD] Dynamic init device ICSHARE
    [001359BD] Dynamic init success ICSHARE
    [001359BD] Dynamic load failed ICSHARE.vxd : [001359BD] Device refused to
    load

    [001359BF] Loading PNP drivers of Internet Connection Sharing (ROOT\NET\0001)
    [001359BF] Dynamic load device ICSHARE.vxd
    [001359C0] Dynamic init device ICSHARE
    [001359C0] Dynamic init success ICSHARE
    [001359C0] Dynamic load failed ICSHARE.vxd : [001359C0] Device refused to
    load

    [001359D0] Loading PNP drivers of Internet Connection Sharing (ROOT\NET\0001)
    [001359D0] Dynamic load device ICSHARE.vxd
    [001359D1] Dynamic init device ICSHARE
    [001359D2] Dynamic init success ICSHARE
    [001359D2] Dynamic load failed ICSHARE.vxd : [001359D2] Device refused to
    load

    [001359D2] Loading PNP drivers of Internet Connection Sharing (ROOT\NET\0001)
    [001359D2] Dynamic load device ICSHARE.vxd
    [001359D3] Dynamic init device ICSHARE
    [001359D4] Dynamic init success ICSHARE
    [001359D4] Dynamic load failed ICSHARE.vxd : [001359D4] Device refused to
    load

    Any relation to my inability to surf URL's? Thank you for your patience - I
    know I am all over the place.

    "NTquated" wrote:

> [...]
    > > > fairly consistently and re-ran an older version of cwshredder last night -
    > > no
    > > > problems reported.(I can't connect to net to update unless I have IP
    > > address)
    > > > MSKB solution to above mentioned trojan was to update Jview to 3810 which
    > > > apparently already have. In my internet properties I have the "JIT
    > > compiler
    > > > for virtual machine enabled", is that related? I had disabled the ICS
    > > network
    > > > adapter a while ago, due to forgotten issues - NAV I think - and
    > > occasionally
    > > > get "icsmgr has caused an error Kernel32.dll" AND oe:018F:BFF7B018 blue
    > > > screen (whether or not ICS is enabled or not)As you can tell, I don't know
    > > > much about computers - but I do jump right in when necessary. Thanks

Internet Service Providers TCP/IP Windows