Fastest video card (without fan)?

I'm trying to keep my nearly-silent system, well, nearly-silent. I'm
looking to upgrade my GeForce 440 with a faster card that can play
Half-life and Doom3 well, but looking for something quiet, preferably
without a fan.

Any experinces out there?

Athlon 2400+XP, 512MB.
3 answers Last reply
More about fastest video card without

    Nobody wrote:
    > I'm trying to keep my nearly-silent system, well, nearly-silent. I'm
    > looking to upgrade my GeForce 440 with a faster card that can play
    > Half-life and Doom3 well, but looking for something quiet, preferably
    > without a fan.
    >
    > Any experinces out there?
    >
    > Athlon 2400+XP, 512MB.

    Sapphire Radeon 9600XT Ultimate perhaps.

    http://www.sapphiretech.com/vga/9600-xt-ult.asp

    Nobody wrote:
    > I'm trying to keep my nearly-silent system, well, nearly-silent. I'm
    > looking to upgrade my GeForce 440 with a faster card that can play
    > Half-life and Doom3 well, but looking for something quiet, preferably
    > without a fan.
    >
    > Any experinces out there?
    >
    > Athlon 2400+XP, 512MB.

    Buy card with a fan, remove said fan and heat sink, and add a heatpipe
    for the video card perhaps?

    neighbours from crime, and became the victim of it. To jump to the end
    of the story, as a result of this I need a bone marrow transplant. Many
    people around the world are waiting for a marrow transplant, too. Please
    volunteer to be a marrow donor:
    http://www.abmdr.org.au/
    http://www.marrow.org/

    Tiny Tim:

    > Nobody wrote:
    >> looking for something quiet, preferably without a fan.

    > Sapphire Radeon 9600XT Ultimate perhaps.
    > http://www.sapphiretech.com/vga/9600-xt-ult.asp

    Sweet, but ~$200. The standard version with fan is almost half that price.
    --
    Mac Cool

Homebuilt Graphics Cards Fan Systems Product