Fastest video card (without fan)?

nobody

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2003

I'm trying to keep my nearly-silent system, well, nearly-silent. I'm
looking to upgrade my GeForce 440 with a faster card that can play
Half-life and Doom3 well, but looking for something quiet, preferably
without a fan.

Any experinces out there?

Athlon 2400+XP, 512MB.

Nobody wrote:
> I'm trying to keep my nearly-silent system, well, nearly-silent. I'm
> looking to upgrade my GeForce 440 with a faster card that can play
> Half-life and Doom3 well, but looking for something quiet, preferably
> without a fan.
>
> Any experinces out there?
>
> Athlon 2400+XP, 512MB.

Sapphire Radeon 9600XT Ultimate perhaps.

http://www.sapphiretech.com/vga/9600-xt-ult.asp

Nobody wrote:
> I'm trying to keep my nearly-silent system, well, nearly-silent. I'm
> looking to upgrade my GeForce 440 with a faster card that can play
> Half-life and Doom3 well, but looking for something quiet, preferably
> without a fan.
>
> Any experinces out there?
>
> Athlon 2400+XP, 512MB.

Buy card with a fan, remove said fan and heat sink, and add a heatpipe
for the video card perhaps?

neighbours from crime, and became the victim of it. To jump to the end
of the story, as a result of this I need a bone marrow transplant. Many
people around the world are waiting for a marrow transplant, too. Please
volunteer to be a marrow donor:
http://www.abmdr.org.au/
http://www.marrow.org/