MSN Messenger

Why is it that after removing Msn Messenger from Add/Remove and diabling it
in startup, the program is still hanging around as if nothing happened?
It may turn out that I will be needing it for OE to work properly, but I
wanted to delete everything in order to find out.
I was amazed to discover how many files were still present on my machine,
even after the removal of the program.
Any ideas on accomplishing my goal?

Harry.
21 answers Last reply
More about messenger

    Do a Google "Groups" search for 'removing msn messenger'..........there is
    more there than I wanted to copy.
    Heirloom, old and mine is gone

    > Why is it that after removing Msn Messenger from Add/Remove and diabling
    it
    > in startup, the program is still hanging around as if nothing happened?
    > It may turn out that I will be needing it for OE to work properly, but I
    > wanted to delete everything in order to find out.
    > I was amazed to discover how many files were still present on my machine,
    > even after the removal of the program.
    > Any ideas on accomplishing my goal?
    >
    > Harry.

    Heirloom:

    All the advice on the removal of the messenger seems to be geared for WinXP.
    So far I was unable to find a direct solution for WinME. Will have to keep
    looking.
    Thank you.

    Harry

    "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote in message
    > Do a Google "Groups" search for 'removing msn messenger'..........there is
    > more there than I wanted to copy.
    > Heirloom, old and mine is gone
    >
    > "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
    > > Why is it that after removing Msn Messenger from Add/Remove and diabling
    > it
    > > in startup, the program is still hanging around as if nothing happened?
    > > It may turn out that I will be needing it for OE to work properly, but I
    > > wanted to delete everything in order to find out.
    > > I was amazed to discover how many files were still present on my
    machine,
    > > even after the removal of the program.
    > > Any ideas on accomplishing my goal?
    > >
    > > Harry.

    There were references to removing it from Me, I saw some. Also, you could
    refine your search..........Win Me Removing MSN Messenger......or something
    similar. I did look at a few......seems like more trouble than it is
    worth. Unless you need the space, it may be better to simply prevent it
    from starting. I didn't delve into the intricacies of the procedure. Take
    care.
    Heirloom, old and email is enough

    > Heirloom:
    >
    > All the advice on the removal of the messenger seems to be geared for
    WinXP.
    > So far I was unable to find a direct solution for WinME. Will have to keep
    > looking.
    > Thank you.
    >
    > Harry
    >

    > "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote in message
    > > Do a Google "Groups" search for 'removing msn messenger'..........there
    is
    > > more there than I wanted to copy.
    > > Heirloom, old and mine is gone
    > >
    > > "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
    > > > Why is it that after removing Msn Messenger from Add/Remove and
    diabling
    > > it
    > > > in startup, the program is still hanging around as if nothing
    happened?
    > > > It may turn out that I will be needing it for OE to work properly, but
    > > > wanted to delete everything in order to find out.
    > > > I was amazed to discover how many files were still present on my
    > machine,
    > > > even after the removal of the program.
    > > > Any ideas on accomplishing my goal?
    > > >
    > > > Harry.

    If unable to proceed, begin here:

    How to get help with MSN
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;823390

    In Memorium: Alex Nichol
    Your cooperation is very appreciated.
    ------

    > There were references to removing it from Me, I saw some. Also, you could
    > refine your search..........Win Me Removing MSN Messenger......or
    something
    > similar. I did look at a few......seems like more trouble than it is
    > worth. Unless you need the space, it may be better to simply prevent it
    > from starting. I didn't delve into the intricacies of the procedure.
    Take
    > care.
    > Heirloom, old and email is enough

    Heirloom:

    I do appreciate your assistance here very much.
    I have removed or unchecked all relevant items and the messenger still comes
    popping up.
    Until I delete evry single remnant file, I will have to put up with this
    pesty thing called "nuisance".
    Thanks.

    Harry, old and never done.

    > "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Heirloom:
    > >
    > > All the advice on the removal of the messenger seems to be geared for
    > WinXP.
    > > So far I was unable to find a direct solution for WinME. Will have to
    keep
    > > looking.
    > > Thank you.
    > >
    > > Harry
    > >

    > > "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote in message
    > > > Do a Google "Groups" search for 'removing msn
    messenger'..........there
    > is
    > > > more there than I wanted to copy.
    > > > Heirloom, old and mine is gone
    > > >
    > > > "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
    > diabling
    > > > it
    > happened?
    > > machine,

    Thank you, Jack.

    Harry.

    > If unable to proceed, begin here:
    >
    > How to get help with MSN
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;823390

    > In Memorium: Alex Nichol
    > Your cooperation is very appreciated.
    > ------
    > "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Heirloom:
    > >
    > > All the advice on the removal of the messenger seems to be geared for
    > WinXP.
    > > So far I was unable to find a direct solution for WinME. Will have to
    keep
    > > looking.
    > > Thank you.
    > >
    > > Harry
    > >

    > > "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote in message
    > > > Do a Google "Groups" search for 'removing msn
    messenger'..........there
    > is
    > > > more there than I wanted to copy.
    > > > Heirloom, old and mine is gone
    > > >
    > > > "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
    > disabling it
    > happened?
    > machine,

    Jack:

    I thought it to be no more than fair, to tell you how I minimized the
    affects of MSN Messenger on my OE6.
    I had uninsstalled/removed the messenger, but still had it pop up at login
    and at certain times giving me the error message about the service provider
    having terminated the connection.
    When I reinstalled MSN Messenger 6.2 and in the process changed some
    settings in the options category, the icon appears in the system tray only
    after I click on OE and outomatically opens it (OE that is), without the
    error message, believe it or not. The messenger doesn't open, unless I do it
    manually by clicking on the icon in systray.
    I definitely can live with that.
    Thank you Jack for keeping me 'on my toes'.

    Harry, old and "taking a breather".

    > If unable to proceed, begin here:
    >
    > How to get help with MSN
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;823390

    > In Memorium: Alex Nichol
    > Your cooperation is very appreciated.
    > ------
    > "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Heirloom:
    > >
    > > All the advice on the removal of the messenger seems to be geared for
    > WinXP.
    > > So far I was unable to find a direct solution for WinME. Will have to
    keep
    > > looking.
    > > Thank you.
    > >
    > > Harry
    > >

    > > "heirloom" <heirloom@nospamatall.com> wrote in message
    > > > Do a Google "Groups" search for 'removing msn
    messenger'..........there
    > is
    > > > more there than I wanted to copy.
    > > > Heirloom, old and mine is gone
    > > >
    > > > "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
    > disabling it
    > happened?
    > machine,

    Good for you, Harry.
    Isn't it about time for your trip to Bermuda now?

    > Jack:
    >
    > I thought it to be no more than fair, to tell you how I minimized the
    > affects of MSN Messenger on my OE6.
    > I had uninsstalled/removed the messenger, but still had it pop up at login
    > and at certain times giving me the error message about the service
    provider
    > having terminated the connection.
    > When I reinstalled MSN Messenger 6.2 and in the process changed some
    > settings in the options category, the icon appears in the system tray only
    > after I click on OE and outomatically opens it (OE that is), without the
    > error message, believe it or not. The messenger doesn't open, unless I do
    it
    > manually by clicking on the icon in systray.
    > I definitely can live with that.
    > Thank you Jack for keeping me 'on my toes'.
    >
    > Harry, old and "taking a breather".

    <SNIP>

    Jack E Martinelli wrote:
    > Good for you, Harry.
    > Isn't it about time for your trip to Bermuda now?

    oooh, SHOTGUN!!!

    Rick

    Jack:

    Too much work to do and too little time to do it in.
    On the other hand, my Bermuda is right here at home.
    What more do I want?

    Harry.

    > Jack E Martinelli wrote:
    > > Good for you, Harry.
    > > Isn't it about time for your trip to Bermuda now?
    >
    > oooh, SHOTGUN!!!
    >
    > Yeahhhhh.....< Harry >
    >
    > Rick

    You are, indeed, a very lucky man!

    > Jack:
    >
    > Too much work to do and too little time to do it in.
    > On the other hand, my Bermuda is right here at home.
    > What more do I want?
    >
    > Harry.
    >

    > "Jack E Martinelli" <jemartin_DELETE@NO_SPAM_gis.net> wrote in message
    > > Good for you, Harry.
    > > Isn't it about time for your trip to Bermuda now?
    > > --
    > > Jack E. Martinelli 2002-05 MS MVP for Shell/User / DTS
    > > Help us help you: http://www.dts-L.org/goodpost.htm
    > >
    > > http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/default.aspx
    > > In Memorium: Alex Nichol
    > > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/meetexperts/nichol.mspx
    > > Your cooperation is very appreciated.
    > > ------
    > > "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > Jack:
    > > >
    > > > I thought it to be no more than fair, to tell you how I minimized the
    > > > affects of MSN Messenger on my OE6.
    > > > I had uninsstalled/removed the messenger, but still had it pop up at
    > login
    > > > and at certain times giving me the error message about the service
    > > provider
    > > > having terminated the connection.
    > > > When I reinstalled MSN Messenger 6.2 and in the process changed some
    > > > settings in the options category, the icon appears in the system tray
    > only
    > > > after I click on OE and outomatically opens it (OE that is), without
    the
    > > > error message, believe it or not. The messenger doesn't open, unless I
    > do
    > > it
    > > > manually by clicking on the icon in systray.
    > > > I definitely can live with that.
    > > > Thank you Jack for keeping me 'on my toes'.
    > > >
    > > > Harry, old and "taking a breather".
    > > >

    > > <SNIP>

    microsoft.public.msn.messenger

    > Jack:
    >
    > What exactly is the name of the MSN Messenger NG?
    >
    > Harry.
    >

    > "Jack E Martinelli" <jemartin_DELETE@NO_SPAM_gis.net> wrote in message
    > > Harry, repost this question to one of the Microsoft Outlook Express or
    MSN
    > > Mesenger ng's for an answer from someone more experienced about this.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Jack E. Martinelli 2002-05 MS MVP for Shell/User / DTS
    > > Help us help you: http://www.dts-L.org/goodpost.htm
    > >
    > > http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/default.aspx
    > > In Memorium: Alex Nichol
    > > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/meetexperts/nichol.mspx
    > > Your cooperation is very appreciated.
    > > ------
    > > "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message

    <SNIP>

    Thank you, Jack.

    Harry.

    > microsoft.public.msn.messenger

    > In Memorium: Alex Nichol
    > Your cooperation is very appreciated.
    > ------
    > "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Jack:
    > >
    > > What exactly is the name of the MSN Messenger NG?
    > >
    > > Harry.
    > >

    > > "Jack E Martinelli" <jemartin_DELETE@NO_SPAM_gis.net> wrote in message
    > > > Harry, repost this question to one of the Microsoft Outlook Express or
    > MSN
    > > > Mesenger ng's for an answer from someone more experienced about this.
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Jack E. Martinelli 2002-05 MS MVP for Shell/User / DTS
    > > > Help us help you: http://www.dts-L.org/goodpost.htm
    > > >
    > > > http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/default.aspx
    > > > In Memorium: Alex Nichol
    > > > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/meetexperts/nichol.mspx
    > > > Your cooperation is very appreciated.
    > > > ------
    > > > "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
    > > > >

    > <SNIP>

    You don't have to re-type it, Harry. Cut and paste it from the post in your
    OE Sent Files folder or from the public post in the OE6 ng.

    > Jack, I posted this subject on the OE6 NG and noone seems to want to touch
    > it. I was reluctant to retype the whole thing in the messenger NG.
    > I guess, I am on my own.
    > No problem either, because there is always the choice of a new beginning,
    if
    > it should bother me too much.
    > Thanks for being there.
    >
    > Harry.
    >

    > "Jack E Martinelli" <jemartin_DELETE@NO_SPAM_gis.net> wrote in message

    <SNIP>

    There I have another problem, Jack, I can only 'select all' and 'copy'. But
    then I don't know what I am copying to, because it's not on my notepad. The
    'copy and paste' feature apparently isn't available to me. Isn't it supposed
    to show up on a right click?
    But then I may have found an easier solution for my problem anyway and
    someone finally did respond to my post, like the
    PA Bear, for instance, and according to him it was safe to delete those two
    registry values, if need be.
    For the time being I am allright and so is my machine.
    Should I need help in the future again, "I'll be back"
    Thanks a million, Jack and everyone.

    Harry.

    > You don't have to re-type it, Harry. Cut and paste it from the post in
    your
    > OE Sent Files folder or from the public post in the OE6 ng.

    > In Memorium: Alex Nichol
    > Your cooperation is very appreciated.
    > ------
    > "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Jack, I posted this subject on the OE6 NG and noone seems to want to
    touch
    > > it. I was reluctant to retype the whole thing in the messenger NG.
    > > I guess, I am on my own.
    > > No problem either, because there is always the choice of a new
    beginning,
    > if
    > > it should bother me too much.
    > > Thanks for being there.
    > >
    > > Harry.
    > >

    > > "Jack E Martinelli" <jemartin_DELETE@NO_SPAM_gis.net> wrote in message
    >
    > <SNIP>

  17. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    Cannot Drag or Copy and Paste File
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;309662

    How to Install and Run Clipboard Viewer
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;141310

    http://members.aol.com/jaynecg/private/copy.html

    http://www.webmasternow.com/copyandpaste.html

    > There I have another problem, Jack, I can only 'select all' and 'copy'.
    But
    > then I don't know what I am copying to, because it's not on my notepad.
    The
    > 'copy and paste' feature apparently isn't available to me. Isn't it
    supposed
    > to show up on a right click?
    > But then I may have found an easier solution for my problem anyway and
    > someone finally did respond to my post, like the
    > PA Bear, for instance, and according to him it was safe to delete those
    two
    > registry values, if need be.
    > For the time being I am allright and so is my machine.
    > Should I need help in the future again, "I'll be back"
    > Thanks a million, Jack and everyone.
    >
    > Harry.
    >

    > "Jack E Martinelli" <jemartin_DELETE@NO_SPAM_gis.net> wrote in message
    > > You don't have to re-type it, Harry. Cut and paste it from the post in
    > your
    > > OE Sent Files folder or from the public post in the OE6 ng.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Jack E. Martinelli 2002-05 MS MVP for Shell/User / DTS
    > > Help us help you: http://www.dts-L.org/goodpost.htm
    > >
    > > http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/default.aspx
    > > In Memorium: Alex Nichol
    > > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/meetexperts/nichol.mspx
    > > Your cooperation is very appreciated.
    > > ------
    > > "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > Jack, I posted this subject on the OE6 NG and noone seems to want to
    > touch
    > > > it. I was reluctant to retype the whole thing in the messenger NG.
    > > > I guess, I am on my own.
    > > > No problem either, because there is always the choice of a new
    > beginning,
    > > if
    > > > it should bother me too much.
    > > > Thanks for being there.
    > > >
    > > > Harry.
    > > >

    > > > "Jack E Martinelli" <jemartin_DELETE@NO_SPAM_gis.net> wrote in message
    > >
    > > <SNIP>

  18. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    Jack:

    Thank you for the links.
    I have the clipboard viewer already, but will have to find out how to use
    it, apparently.
    Al good things take time.

    Harry.

    > Cannot Drag or Copy and Paste File
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;309662
    >
    > How to Install and Run Clipboard Viewer
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;141310
    >

    > http://members.aol.com/jaynecg/private/copy.html
    >
    > http://www.webmasternow.com/copyandpaste.html

    > In Memorium: Alex Nichol
    > Your cooperation is very appreciated.
    > ------
    > "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
    > >
    > > There I have another problem, Jack, I can only 'select all' and 'copy'.
    > But
    > > then I don't know what I am copying to, because it's not on my notepad.
    > The
    > > 'copy and paste' feature apparently isn't available to me. Isn't it
    > supposed
    > > to show up on a right click?
    > > But then I may have found an easier solution for my problem anyway and
    > > someone finally did respond to my post, like the
    > > PA Bear, for instance, and according to him it was safe to delete those
    > two
    > > registry values, if need be.
    > > For the time being I am allright and so is my machine.
    > > Should I need help in the future again, "I'll be back"
    > > Thanks a million, Jack and everyone.
    > >
    > > Harry.
    > >

    > > "Jack E Martinelli" <jemartin_DELETE@NO_SPAM_gis.net> wrote in message
    > > > You don't have to re-type it, Harry. Cut and paste it from the post
    in
    > > your
    > > > OE Sent Files folder or from the public post in the OE6 ng.
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Jack E. Martinelli 2002-05 MS MVP for Shell/User / DTS
    > > > Help us help you: http://www.dts-L.org/goodpost.htm
    > > >
    > > > http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/default.aspx
    > > > In Memorium: Alex Nichol
    > > > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/meetexperts/nichol.mspx
    > > > Your cooperation is very appreciated.
    > > > ------
    > > > "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message

    > > touch
    > > beginning,
    > > > if

    > > > <SNIP>

  19. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    Harry, below a copy of a post I sent some time ago, relating to Clipboard
    Viewer. I hope it is of some help in understanding how to use it.

    "The clipboard - or more specifically in this case the Clipboard Viewer - is
    NOT a picture or text editor.

    If you open a text document (e.g. harry.txt or harry.doc) and highlight and
    "Copy" a line or two of text, that highlighted text 'sits' on the clipboard.

    You can now "Paste" that text elsewhere in that document or into other
    documents as many times as you wish - UNTIL you either Copy something else
    onto the clipboard or re-boot your machine when the contents of the
    clipboard is lost. However, if you were to open Clipboard Viewer, you would
    see that 'highlighted' line.

    Now, if you were to Save that line in the Viewer as e.g. harry.clp and then
    want to paste it at some future date into another document, then you could
    open Clipboard Viewer, open harry.clp and then Paste the 'clipped' text into
    your new document.

    The same applies to pictures which you have selected and Copied to the
    clipboard using the Copy command - but it does not copy or more importantly
    save it as a .bmp or .jpg file, it saves it as a .clp file!!!

    You can then open the .clp 'picture' in Clipboard Viewer and "Paste" it into
    any document or application you are working with. THAT APPLICATION (not the
    Clipboard Viewer) is then the one to edit the text or picture and then save
    it as a new .txt, .doc, .bmp or whatever file.

    The Clipboard Viewer will ONLY open and save .clp files."

    I hope this makes sense.

    Mart

    > Jack:
    >
    > Thank you for the links.
    > I have the clipboard viewer already, but will have to find out how to use
    > it, apparently.
    > Al good things take time.
    >
    > Harry.
    >

    > "Jack E Martinelli" <jemartin_DELETE@NO_SPAM_gis.net> wrote in message
    >> Cannot Drag or Copy and Paste File
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;309662
    >>
    >> How to Install and Run Clipboard Viewer
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;141310
    >>

    >> http://members.aol.com/jaynecg/private/copy.html
    >>
    >> http://www.webmasternow.com/copyandpaste.html
    >>
    >> --
    >> Jack E. Martinelli 2002-05 MS MVP for Shell/User / DTS
    >> Help us help you: http://www.dts-L.org/goodpost.htm
    >>
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/default.aspx
    >> In Memorium: Alex Nichol
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/meetexperts/nichol.mspx
    >> Your cooperation is very appreciated.
    >> ------
    >> "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> > There I have another problem, Jack, I can only 'select all' and 'copy'.
    >> But
    >> > then I don't know what I am copying to, because it's not on my notepad.
    >> The
    >> > 'copy and paste' feature apparently isn't available to me. Isn't it
    >> supposed
    >> > to show up on a right click?
    >> > But then I may have found an easier solution for my problem anyway and
    >> > someone finally did respond to my post, like the
    >> > PA Bear, for instance, and according to him it was safe to delete those
    >> two
    >> > registry values, if need be.
    >> > For the time being I am allright and so is my machine.
    >> > Should I need help in the future again, "I'll be back"
    >> > Thanks a million, Jack and everyone.
    >> >
    >> > Harry.
    >> >

    >> > "Jack E Martinelli" <jemartin_DELETE@NO_SPAM_gis.net> wrote in message
    > in
    >> > your

    >> > touch
    >> > beginning,

    > message

  20. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    Makes a lot of sense to me, Mart.
    Thank you.

    Harry.

    "Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.com> wrote in message
> [...]
    >
    > I hope this makes sense.
    >
    > Mart
    >

    > "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Jack:
    > >
    > > Thank you for the links.
    > > I have the clipboard viewer already, but will have to find out how to
    use
    > > it, apparently.
    > > Al good things take time.
    > >
    > > Harry.
    > >

    > > "Jack E Martinelli" <jemartin_DELETE@NO_SPAM_gis.net> wrote in message
    > >> Cannot Drag or Copy and Paste File
    > >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;309662
    > >>
    > >> How to Install and Run Clipboard Viewer
    > >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;141310
    > >>

    > >> http://members.aol.com/jaynecg/private/copy.html
    > >>
    > >> http://www.webmasternow.com/copyandpaste.html
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Jack E. Martinelli 2002-05 MS MVP for Shell/User / DTS

  21. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?)

    You're welcome Harry,

    Mart

    > Makes a lot of sense to me, Mart.
    > Thank you.
    >
    > Harry.
    >

    > "Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >> Harry, below a copy of a post I sent some time ago, relating to Clipboard
    >> Viewer. I hope it is of some help in understanding how to use it.
    >>

    >> "The clipboard - or more specifically in this case the Clipboard Viewer -
    > is
    >> NOT a picture or text editor.
    >>
    >> If you open a text document (e.g. harry.txt or harry.doc) and highlight
    > and
    >> "Copy" a line or two of text, that highlighted text 'sits' on the
    > clipboard.
    >>
    >> You can now "Paste" that text elsewhere in that document or into other
    >> documents as many times as you wish - UNTIL you either Copy something
    >> else
    >> onto the clipboard or re-boot your machine when the contents of the
    >> clipboard is lost. However, if you were to open Clipboard Viewer, you
    > would
    >> see that 'highlighted' line.
    >>
    >> Now, if you were to Save that line in the Viewer as e.g. harry.clp and
    > then
    >> want to paste it at some future date into another document, then you
    >> could
    >> open Clipboard Viewer, open harry.clp and then Paste the 'clipped' text
    > into
    >> your new document.
    >>
    >> The same applies to pictures which you have selected and Copied to the
    >> clipboard using the Copy command - but it does not copy or more
    > importantly
    >> save it as a .bmp or .jpg file, it saves it as a .clp file!!!
    >>
    >> You can then open the .clp 'picture' in Clipboard Viewer and "Paste" it
    > into
    >> any document or application you are working with. THAT APPLICATION (not
    > the
    >> Clipboard Viewer) is then the one to edit the text or picture and then
    > save
    >> it as a new .txt, .doc, .bmp or whatever file.
    >>
    >> The Clipboard Viewer will ONLY open and save .clp files."
    >>
    >> I hope this makes sense.
    >>
    >> Mart
    >>

    >> "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> > Jack:
    >> >
    >> > Thank you for the links.
    >> > I have the clipboard viewer already, but will have to find out how to
    > use
    >> > it, apparently.
    >> > Al good things take time.
    >> >
    >> > Harry.