Motorola V400 GPRS Settings for a Windows PC

I went up to Oregon this month, and to my surprise, I got a GPRS logo on my
phone. The mobile internet services suddenly started working, and kept
working when I went back to Orange County. Strangely enough, nothing has
yet showed up on my bill.

Anyway, I got a USB cable for my Motorola V400, and downloaded Motorola
mobile PhoneTools, as well as the Motorola GPRS manager. I would like to
use the GPRS manager to connect to the internet through my laptop.

It wants an access point name, so I looked on Google and discovered that
ISP.CINGULAR and WAP.CINGULAR might be correct names, but they don't seem to
work. I also tried using the following user names and passwords:
User name: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
Password: CINGULAR1
User name: WIXDC001@W5.MYCINGULAR.COM
Password: ZXY203DC9K0402

This was based on the information I found at
http://www.pdatoday.com/pdaviews_comments/910_0_4_0_C/.

Any ideas on how I might get this working?
1 answer Last reply
More about motorola v400 gprs settings windows

    In <9aYOc.8580$GB1.4285@twister.socal.rr.com> on Sun, 01 Aug 2004 02:01:41
    GMT, "Chris" <goldwing@no.spam.socal.rr.com> wrote:

    >I went up to Oregon this month, and to my surprise, I got a GPRS logo on my
    >phone. The mobile internet services suddenly started working, and kept
    >working when I went back to Orange County. Strangely enough, nothing has
    >yet showed up on my bill.

    That might well happen at some point in the future. If you use it, you are
    obligated to pay for it.

    >Anyway, I got a USB cable for my Motorola V400, and downloaded Motorola
    >mobile PhoneTools, as well as the Motorola GPRS manager. I would like to
    >use the GPRS manager to connect to the internet through my laptop.

    For free?

    >It wants an access point name, so I looked on Google and discovered that
    >ISP.CINGULAR and WAP.CINGULAR might be correct names, but they don't seem to
    >work. I also tried using the following user names and passwords:
    >User name: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    >Password: CINGULAR1
    >User name: WIXDC001@W5.MYCINGULAR.COM
    >Password: ZXY203DC9K0402
    >
    >This was based on the information I found at
    >http://www.pdatoday.com/pdaviews_comments/910_0_4_0_C/.
    >
    >Any ideas on how I might get this working?

    See my webpages below. They are targeted at Sony Ericsson, but the basic
    principles are the same for any GPRS phone.

Cingular Motorola Internet Service Providers