Can't Change Window Text

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
March 16, 2005 12:15:11 AM

Seems like when I think everything's fixed, I find something else. I wanted
to make changes in my desktop settings. Right clicked on desktop >
properties >appearance. Made some changes, didn't like them and attempted to
applied. Every thing came back the way it was except the text was much
larger than before. Clicked on "window text" and nothing hapened. Opened the
"Item" pull down menu. Window text is not listed. I made a system restore
point yesterday after all my other problem were fixed. Used system restore
to go back to that point and my desk top looks right but "window text" is
still missing from the menu. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Euell

More about : change window text

Anonymous
March 16, 2005 6:28:30 AM

Euell,

There is no "windows text" setting but instead a number of settings where
font and point size can be selected including Active Title bar, Icon,
Inactive Title Bar, Menu, Message Box, Palette Title, Selected Items and
Tooltip.

I am however somewhat intrigued that system restore didn't restore your
settings as this should have restored the registry which contains these
various settings to the state it was in when the checkpoint was created
before you changed the settings.
In memory of a very dear friend, Windows MVP Alex Nichol

Mike Maltby MS-MVP
mike.maltby@gmail.com

Euell L. Price <keri@the-i.net> wrote:

> Seems like when I think everything's fixed, I find something else. I
> wanted to make changes in my desktop settings. Right clicked on
> desktop > properties >appearance. Made some changes, didn't like them
> and attempted to go back to settings I had before. Chose "windows
> standard" scheme and applied. Every thing came back the way it was
> except the text was much larger than before. Clicked on "window text"
> and nothing hapened. Opened the "Item" pull down menu. Window text is
> not listed. I made a system restore point yesterday after all my
> other problem were fixed. Used system restore to go back to that
> point and my desk top looks right but "window text" is still missing
> from the menu. Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks
> Euell
Anonymous
March 16, 2005 6:28:31 AM

Thanks for the info. I'm not sure what happened. I wanted to change my
screen resolution from 800 x 600 to 1024 x 768 so that my games and video
would look better, but when I did , the material on my desktop was to small.
I was trying to find a desktop setting at 1024 x 768 that made my desktop
appear the way it did at 800 x 600.
> Euell,
>
> There is no "windows text" setting but instead a number of settings where
> font and point size can be selected including Active Title bar, Icon,
> Inactive Title Bar, Menu, Message Box, Palette Title, Selected Items and
> Tooltip.
>
> I am however somewhat intrigued that system restore didn't restore your
> settings as this should have restored the registry which contains these
> various settings to the state it was in when the checkpoint was created
> before you changed the settings.
> --
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/meetexper...
> In memory of a very dear friend, Windows MVP Alex Nichol
>
> Mike Maltby MS-MVP
> mike.maltby@gmail.com
>

> Euell L. Price <keri@the-i.net> wrote:
>
> > Seems like when I think everything's fixed, I find something else. I
> > wanted to make changes in my desktop settings. Right clicked on
> > desktop > properties >appearance. Made some changes, didn't like them
> > and attempted to go back to settings I had before. Chose "windows
> > standard" scheme and applied. Every thing came back the way it was
> > except the text was much larger than before. Clicked on "window text"
> > and nothing hapened. Opened the "Item" pull down menu. Window text is
> > not listed. I made a system restore point yesterday after all my
> > other problem were fixed. Used system restore to go back to that
> > point and my desk top looks right but "window text" is still missing
> > from the menu. Any suggestions?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Euell

March 16, 2005 6:39:05 PM

There is not meant to be an item called "window text"
The item: Icon controls the text under icons and most windows text.

....Alan

--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html

In microsoft.public.windowsme.general, "Euell L. Price"
<keri@the-i.net> wrote:

>Seems like when I think everything's fixed, I find something else. I wanted
>to make changes in my desktop settings. Right clicked on desktop >
>properties >appearance. Made some changes, didn't like them and attempted to
>applied. Every thing came back the way it was except the text was much
>larger than before. Clicked on "window text" and nothing hapened. Opened the
>"Item" pull down menu. Window text is not listed. I made a system restore
>point yesterday after all my other problem were fixed. Used system restore
>to go back to that point and my desk top looks right but "window text" is
>still missing from the menu. Any suggestions?
>
>Thanks
>Euell

Anonymous
March 16, 2005 6:39:06 PM