Help! Accidentally disconnected D: drive!

I am a buffoon (I am!)

In Windows Explorer I was clicking around too quickly and must have
hit "disconnect network drive" or whatever, well I assume I did,
because since then my D: drive (CD player) has disappeared! It goes
from C: to E: (CD writer).

I clicked on "map network drive" to see how to get it back. It asks me
to fill an a screen (pre-filled with D:) and asks for a "path"......?
I looked at the Windows Help facility, and it advised me to put in:-

\\computername\foldername, or something? Huh......?!

There isn't any folder that was on D: drive before...... I just used
to use it for playing CDs!

Have I cocked up big time or is there any easy solution? Thanks in
advance to anyone who can point me in the right direction!

Jane

> ..... is there any easy solution?

Yes, run System Restore and roll-back to the last date/time when things were
working OK.

N.B. - Start | Programs | Accessories | System Tools \ System Restore ...

Mart