Epson R300 R310 Dye Pigment Ink Question

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
September 16, 2004 8:13:13 AM

Does anyone know if the T049xxx series inks for the R310 will function
correctly in the R300. Is it possible to load the R310 driver in the R300 in
windows. It sure would be nice to be able to use those pigment inks instead
of the dye inks.
September 16, 2004 8:13:14 AM

The R310 does NOT use pigment ink! It uses DYE based ink! Here is a line
from the R310 tech info.New dye-based ink for long-lasting, vibrant coloured
photo prints.
The R800 uses pigment inks!
"Alan Smithee" <AlanSmithee@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know if the T049xxx series inks for the R310 will function
> correctly in the R300. Is it possible to load the R310 driver in the R300
in
> windows. It sure would be nice to be able to use those pigment inks
instead
> of the dye inks.

Anonymous
September 16, 2004 8:38:18 AM

"Douglas" <.> wrote in message news:eqidnZYx6tzQi9TcRVn-sA@centurytel.net...
> The R310 does NOT use pigment ink! It uses DYE based ink! Here is a line
> from the R310 tech info.New dye-based ink for long-lasting, vibrant
coloured
> photo prints.
> The R800 uses pigment inks!

Hmm. Yes I just downloaded the PDF from Epson and read it. I was misled by
some other posting I had read. I was looking for an archival ink
(researching third party manufacturers actually) which would be pigment
based and work in my R300. What's the difference between the T048xxx series
carts and T049xxx series in practical terms then I wonder. The T049's boast
a 20 year life (doesn't say it that's in the album or sun?) Have they
produced a tech doc which actually tells the difference?

> "Alan Smithee" <AlanSmithee@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> > Does anyone know if the T049xxx series inks for the R310 will function
> > correctly in the R300. Is it possible to load the R310 driver in the
R300
> in
> > windows. It sure would be nice to be able to use those pigment inks
> instead
> > of the dye inks.

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
September 17, 2004 12:21:56 AM

In article Alan Smithee says...
> What's the difference between the T048xxx series
> carts and T049xxx series in practical terms then I wonder.

If you have a 310 you're forced to buy ink locally rather than from US??
Anonymous
September 17, 2004 6:08:57 AM

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 04:38:18 GMT, "Alan Smithee"

Try www.permajet.com

--

Hecate - The Real One
Hecate@newsguy.com

I think there isn't any difference between the two inks.

September 17, 2004 3:48:16 PM

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 20:21:56 +1200, colinco <colincomma@yawhoo.com> wrote:

>In article Alan Smithee says...
>> What's the difference between the T048xxx series
>> carts and T049xxx series in practical terms then I wonder.
>>
>If you have a 310 you're forced to buy ink locally rather than from US??

No the UK Firm called Jet Tec has Inks for this printer.