Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Ice Cream Sandwich + Raspberry Pi = Delicious!

Last response: in News comments
August 3, 2012 4:32:51 PM

make it for $100 with real hardware and now we talking... oooouuuyyyyaaaa
August 3, 2012 4:54:38 PM

killabanksmake it for $100

The whole idea of Raspberry Pi is to bring computers to people with very little money, weather they are schools in developing nations or someone in North America / Europe that want a computer dedicate for them to learn..
Related resources
August 3, 2012 5:08:08 PM

Robert PankiwThe whole idea of Raspberry Pi is to bring computers to people with very little money, weather they are schools in developing nations or someone in North America / Europe that want a computer dedicate for them to learn..

They should bring some to your school.
August 3, 2012 6:27:33 PM

kawininjazxThey should bring some to your school.

Last I checked, grammar/spelling and computer science were two separate classes.
August 3, 2012 6:52:36 PM

killabanksmake it for $100 with real hardware and now we talking... oooouuuyyyyaaaa

25 or 35$, so cheaper than you want
get to make your own case for it, so highly customizable,
and a fun weekend project if you like that sort of thing.

where is the downside?
August 3, 2012 7:14:14 PM

alidan25 or 35$, so cheaper than you wantget to make your own case for it, so highly customizable,and a fun weekend project if you like that sort of thing. where is the downside?

killabanks wants it to have better hardware. He/she might be more interested in the similar higher end products, so his/her complaint is kinda like how netbooks and tablets don't compete with even most lower end notebooks in raw performance.
August 3, 2012 9:20:07 PM

blazorthonkillabanks wants it to have better hardware. He/she might be more interested in the similar higher end products, so his/her complaint is kinda like how netbooks and tablets don't compete with even most lower end notebooks in raw performance.

than get that... i forget the name, but its a quad core arm, for 135.
and if he wants better hardware for a cellphone os... its kind of stupid...
August 3, 2012 9:38:06 PM

I honestly lol'd.
August 3, 2012 10:05:12 PM

my PI is a blast to play with, I've self taught myself a lot of coding i had no idea about just a couple months ago, already OC'd to 950MHz, +GPU core and what not... learning how linux works is different but can easily be done.

can't beat what you can do for $43USD(price shipped from UK to US)
August 3, 2012 10:29:03 PM

Ohmybadmy PI is a blast to play with, I've self taught myself a lot of coding i had no idea about just a couple months ago, already OC'd to 950MHz, +GPU core and what not... learning how linux works is different but can easily be done.can't beat what you can do for $43USD(price shipped from UK to US)

That's great to know. I have mine and haven't had a chance to play. I can't wait to break out some raspbmc, fedora, and now Android...all with the swap of an SD card.

I don't get how some people don't get how this can be fun...some people must just not like to tinker.
August 3, 2012 11:08:49 PM

Ice Cream Sandwich + Raspberry Pi is going to taste better than Apple!
August 4, 2012 2:12:57 PM

nah he is too far gone thanks to GW's "no child left behind" program
!