ME XP Dual Boot Uninstall

I have a dual boot system set up as follows:

C:\ Windows ME - Fat32
D:\ Windows XP - NTFS

The system uses the Windows bootloader to dual boot the system (I think!)
I have PM8 available to use if reqd.

I want to uninstall XP and then re format D into FAT32 so I can use it with
the existing ME installation. I would rather not do a clean install of ME.

Can anyone point me in the right direction of how to do this. I believe if I
delete XP I will have a NTLR problem? or more to the point can it be done?

--
HTH - Any Advice Appreciated - Please Reply To Newsgroup Only

jel183(UK)
3 answers Last reply
More about dual boot uninstall

    Boot to DOS using a Win Me boot floppy and from the A:\> prompt enter
    SYS C:
    Remove the floppy and reboot and this should now take you directly into
    Win Me after which you should be able to do whatever you want with your D:
    drive.
    In memory of a very dear friend, Windows MVP Alex Nichol

    Mike Maltby MS-MVP
    mike.maltby@gmail.com

    jel183(UK) <nospam@myhome.com> wrote:

    > I have a dual boot system set up as follows:
    >
    > C:\ Windows ME - Fat32
    > D:\ Windows XP - NTFS
    >
    > The system uses the Windows bootloader to dual boot the system (I
    > think!) I have PM8 available to use if reqd.
    >
    > I want to uninstall XP and then re format D into FAT32 so I can use
    > it with the existing ME installation. I would rather not do a clean
    > install of ME.
    > Can anyone point me in the right direction of how to do this. I
    > believe if I delete XP I will have a NTLR problem? or more to the
    > point can it be done?

    Thanks, worked a treat.

    --

    > Boot to DOS using a Win Me boot floppy and from the A:\> prompt enter
    > SYS C:
    > Remove the floppy and reboot and this should now take you directly into
    > Win Me after which you should be able to do whatever you want with your D:
    > drive.
    > In memory of a very dear friend, Windows MVP Alex Nichol
    >
    > Mike Maltby MS-MVP
    > mike.maltby@gmail.com
    >

    > jel183(UK) <nospam@myhome.com> wrote:
    >
    >> I have a dual boot system set up as follows:
    >>
    >> C:\ Windows ME - Fat32
    >> D:\ Windows XP - NTFS
    >>
    >> The system uses the Windows bootloader to dual boot the system (I
    >> think!) I have PM8 available to use if reqd.
    >>
    >> I want to uninstall XP and then re format D into FAT32 so I can use
    >> it with the existing ME installation. I would rather not do a clean
    >> install of ME.
    >> Can anyone point me in the right direction of how to do this. I
    >> believe if I delete XP I will have a NTLR problem? or more to the
    >> point can it be done?

    Thanks for the feedback. Glad to have been able to help.

    Regards,
    In memory of a very dear friend, Windows MVP Alex Nichol

    Mike Maltby MS-MVP
    mike.maltby@gmail.com

    jel183(UK) <nospam@myhome.com> wrote:

    > Thanks, worked a treat.