Start button causes error in Shell32.dll and kernel32.dll

Anytime the "Start" button is pushed I get the error Explorer has caused an
error in Shell32.dlll or Kernel32.dll and will now close. The bottom
toolbars where STart resides flashes and a few icons disappear and the Start
key will not function. The only access to programs is then through My
Computer. I have run Norton Utilities, AVG, Registry Cleaner, Ad-Aware and
reiinstalled ME and still the same message continues to reappear and the
Start button will not function - I have run out of ideas - any help or
suggestions would be greatly appreciated
1 answer Last reply
More about start button error shell32 kernel32

    When did this problem start? What changes were made to the system,
    hardware, drivers or software prior to this problem starting? Have you
    tried using system restore to roll your system back to the state it was in
    before this problem by restoring to a checkpoint created before these
    problems began?
    In memory of a very dear friend, Windows MVP Alex Nichol

    Mike Maltby MS-MVP
    mike.maltby@gmail.com

    Alexander <Alexander@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    > Anytime the "Start" button is pushed I get the error Explorer has
    > caused an error in Shell32.dlll or Kernel32.dll and will now close.
    > The bottom toolbars where STart resides flashes and a few icons
    > disappear and the Start key will not function. The only access to
    > programs is then through My Computer. I have run Norton Utilities,
    > AVG, Registry Cleaner, Ad-Aware and reiinstalled ME and still the
    > same message continues to reappear and the Start button will not
    > function - I have run out of ideas - any help or suggestions would
    > be greatly appreciated

Kernel32 DLL Windows