New iPAQ 1945 "Bluetooth (?) user

August 17, 2004 2:38:06 PM

I have a new iPAQ 1945 with Bluetooth. I would like
to get started with Bluetooth, but I really know nothing
about it. Can someone point me to a step by step guide
for a new user?

I also have a Kyocera 2325 cell phone. As with
Bluetooth itself, I'm hoping to find a reference that
will show me how I can use the iPAQ with the cell phone,
if that is possible.

I know there is a Pocketpc magazine that would
probably help me. But I'm just hoping someone can save
me time from browsing through messages in this forum, and
just point me to a new users guide of some kind for the
iPAQ 1945 and Bluetooth and its use, if possible, with
the cell phone.

I will appreciate advice.
Anonymous
August 17, 2004 11:00:36 PM

Robert,
you need to set up a partnership between the two but first of all both need
to be put in discovery mode. Once they've found each other and you've
allotted a suitable PIN they should be more than happy to tell you what each
can do e.g. in the available functions you might find dial up modem,
transfer files etc.
HTH,
Ray
"Robert Judge" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a new iPAQ 1945 with Bluetooth. I would like
> to get started with Bluetooth, but I really know nothing
> about it. Can someone point me to a step by step guide
> for a new user?
>
> I also have a Kyocera 2325 cell phone. As with
> Bluetooth itself, I'm hoping to find a reference that
> will show me how I can use the iPAQ with the cell phone,
> if that is possible.
>
> I know there is a Pocketpc magazine that would
> probably help me. But I'm just hoping someone can save
> me time from browsing through messages in this forum, and
> just point me to a new users guide of some kind for the
> iPAQ 1945 and Bluetooth and its use, if possible, with
> the cell phone.
>
> I will appreciate advice.

Anonymous
August 18, 2004 11:22:20 AM

"Robert Judge" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a new iPAQ 1945 with Bluetooth. I would like
> to get started with Bluetooth, but I really know nothing
> about it. Can someone point me to a step by step guide
> for a new user?
>
> I also have a Kyocera 2325 cell phone. As with
> Bluetooth itself, I'm hoping to find a reference that
> will show me how I can use the iPAQ with the cell phone,
> if that is possible.
>
> I know there is a Pocketpc magazine that would
> probably help me. But I'm just hoping someone can save
> me time from browsing through messages in this forum, and
> just point me to a new users guide of some kind for the
> iPAQ 1945 and Bluetooth and its use, if possible, with
> the cell phone.
>
> I will appreciate advice.

Robert, have a look in our Bluetooth Guide (link below) for some of the
things you can do with Bluetooth and your new h1945.

Performance Centre (Pocket PC reviews):