Eileen

From: "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid>

| Alan,
| I went to the Lavasoft site with my Greek language problem. They had me
| uninstall and install. Still have the problem.
| Eileen

LOL

You went through all that already prior to the Lavasoft Forums post.
Did you post that you had tried this numerous times ?

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

No, I just did what they told me and it didn't work. I'm going to tell them
now.
Eileen

> From: "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid>
>
> | Alan,
> | I went to the Lavasoft site with my Greek language problem. They had me
> | uninstall and install. Still have the problem.
> | Eileen
> |

> LOL
>
> You went through all that already prior to the Lavasoft Forums post.
> Did you post that you had tried this numerous times ?
>
> --
> Dave
> http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Eileen, I'm still a little concerned regarding my observation in your
original thread when I replied to Alan and yourself :-

> Going back to Eileen's screen shot (compared to both
> of ours) - even the 'English' fonts "don't look right".

I'm not yet convinced that it is totally a Lavasoft issue - but I don't have
any other solutions <g>

Mart

Mart wrote:
> Eileen, I'm still a little concerned regarding my observation in your
> original thread when I replied to Alan and yourself :-
>

>>Going back to Eileen's screen shot (compared to both
>>of ours) - even the 'English' fonts "don't look right".
>

> I'm not yet convinced that it is totally a Lavasoft issue - but I don't have
> any other solutions <g>
>
> Mart
>

> "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>
>>No, I just did what they told me and it didn't work. I'm going to tell
>>them
>>now.
>>Eileen
>>
>>"David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote in message
>>
>>>From: "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid>

>>>me
>>>|

>>>LOL
>>>
>>>You went through all that already prior to the Lavasoft Forums post.
>>>Did you post that you had tried this numerous times ?
>>>
>>>--
>>>Dave
>>>http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html
>>>http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Hmm... something to do with fonts (duh)... does Tweak UI have a "use
only TrueType fonts" setting ?

Rick

"does Tweak UI have a "use only TrueType fonts" setting ? "

Not that I find, but there is a Repair/Repair Fonts Folder.

In Memorium: Alex Nichol
Your cooperation is very appreciated.
------
> Mart wrote:

<SNIP>

Well, guys, I found this foreign language on another program... Microsoft
Picture It 2000. Not all of it but the "Get Picture/Scan". When the scan
comes up it has this strange language. I have an HP PhotoSmart Scanner Ver.
2.5.
Does this give a clue as to what's wrong?
Eileen

From: "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid>

| Well, guys, I found this foreign language on another program... Microsoft
| Picture It 2000. Not all of it but the "Get Picture/Scan". When the scan
| comes up it has this strange language. I have an HP PhotoSmart Scanner Ver.
| 2.5.
| Does this give a clue as to what's wrong?
| Eileen
|
| "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>> Alan,
>> I went to the Lavasoft site with my Greek language problem. They had me
>> uninstall and install. Still have the problem.
>> Eileen

There is a font problem on the OS. Maybe a size problem that if the size is below "x" it
goes Grek or is a font substitution problem where a certain font is need but is replaced
withg the greek font.

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Is there a solution?
Eileen

From: "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid>

| Is there a solution?
| Eileen

I unfortunately don't :-(

But at least we know it is the OS and not the application at the heart of the problem.

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Did you ever try:- "Description of and Troubleshooting the Marlett TrueType
Font"
;134861]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];134861

Especially the section near the bottom page, referring to the maximum number
of fonts and the suggestion of deleting the ttfcache file :-

" ... try deleting the Ttfcache file in the Windows folder. This file is
rebuilt automatically when you restart the computer."

N.B - There is a 'font repair' utility in TweakUI which effectively does the
same thing.
You can download TweakUI from Microsoft at :-
http://www.microsoft.com/ntworkstation/downloads/powertoys/networking/nttweakui.asp

Following warnings/notes reproduced with acknowledgement to the late
Koldbear

1) Do *not* change the first icon from "My Documents" on the Desktop tab
2) Do *not* uncheck: Search Results on the Desktop tab
3) Do *not* hide the Tweak UI icon on the Control Panel tab
4) Do *not* uncheck: Show Control Panel on Start Menu on the IE tab
5) Do *not* uncheck: Shell enhancements on the IE tab
6) To move "My Documents" folder, right-click on the Folder, and click
Properties.

It *might* just work here <g>

> Is there a solution?
> Eileen

>> From: "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid>
>>
>> | Well, guys, I found this foreign language on another program...
> Microsoft
>> | Picture It 2000. Not all of it but the "Get Picture/Scan". When the
> scan
>> | comes up it has this strange language. I have an HP PhotoSmart Scanner
> Ver.
>> | 2.5.
>> | Does this give a clue as to what's wrong?
>> | Eileen
>> |
>> | "Eileen" <vann@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> me
>> >>

>> There is a font problem on the OS. Maybe a size problem that if the size
> is below "x" it
>> goes Grek or is a font substitution problem where a certain font is need
> but is replaced
>> withg the greek font.
>>
>> --
>> Dave
>> http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html
>> http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

"TrueType Font Limits in Windows 95/98/Me"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;131943

SUMMARY
You can install a maximum of approximately 1000 TrueType fonts in Microsoft
Windows 95,
Windows 98, and Windows Millennium. The exact number of TrueType fonts you
can install varies,
and depends on the length of the TrueType font names and file names.
----

Frequently encountered problems with fonts:
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/AppErrors/CommonFontProbs.htm
----

Missing TrueType Fonts in Fonts Folder or Programs
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q133/7/32.asp
-----

Q133725 - Missing Menu Commands in the Fonts Folder:
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q133/7/25.asp
----

Fonts installed by Windows Win95, Win98, WinME
http://www.kayskreations.net/fonts/fonttb.html
----