ISA 16bit Ind. Stand. Arc. slots

Last response: in Systems
Share
December 22, 2004 6:59:59 PM

I want to install a new motherboard as I noted in my previous posts
However, I just noticed that none of the motherboards that I have
looked at have ISA slots. I have a older 56K that was top of the line
when I bought it and it still works fine. I don't want to replace it
but it has to plug into a ISA slot.

Do they still make motherboards with ISA slots?

Thanks
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
a b V Motherboard
December 23, 2004 3:13:38 AM

Ummm, Soyo SY-P41, Supermicro Super PCS4A, DFI CA64-TC

<Bob> wrote in message news:tb2ks0lvnfo4j7hipes3ckdli8p34oco0m@4ax.com...
> I want to install a new motherboard as I noted in my previous posts
> However, I just noticed that none of the motherboards that I have
> looked at have ISA slots. I have a older 56K that was top of the line
> when I bought it and it still works fine. I don't want to replace it
> but it has to plug into a ISA slot.
>
> Do they still make motherboards with ISA slots?
>
> Thanks
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
a b V Motherboard
December 23, 2004 8:50:27 PM

In article <tb2ks0lvnfo4j7hipes3ckdli8p34oco0m@4ax.com>, Bob <> wrote:
>I want to install a new motherboard as I noted in my previous posts
>However, I just noticed that none of the motherboards that I have
>looked at have ISA slots. I have a older 56K that was top of the line
>when I bought it and it still works fine. I don't want to replace it
>but it has to plug into a ISA slot.

USR Courier? Thats the one I gave away when I donated my old PC.

>Do they still make motherboards with ISA slots?

I don't think so.

--
Rich Greenberg N6LRT Marietta, GA, USA richgr atsign panix.com + 1 770 321 6507
Eastern time zone. I speak for myself & my dogs only. VM'er since CP-67

Do they make them? I don't know. I did buy a Soyo a few years back, and I tried
to cantact Soyo customer service with questions regarding the memory types and
stuff like that. I never had any replies back, no responses to my emails &
faxes. The motherboard lasted for about a year, and then the onboard sound
died. After that, I replaced the motherboard with a good used one from another
computer. That was the last time I bought a motherboard (sometime around 2000,
I guess). If I had to buy one again, I'd look at the big top-of-the-line
companies like Intel. It's been years since I've been online to look at their
web pages.
Dale

TeleDale Key Service,
http://www.angelfire.com/wizard/teledale
1811 Saratoga Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio 44109 U.S.A.
!