speakers dont work help

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
March 18, 2005 5:35:02 AM

hi every one im running a windows me i have a flat scree with built in
speakers i tried them the other day (all pluged in) they didnt work i tried
another pair of working speakers they dont work what should i do

jake

More about : speakers dont work

March 18, 2005 1:12:39 PM

In news:1B124999-768E-46C2-A738-952BF9CA5187@microsoft.com,
jakethegunner <jakethegunner@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> hi every one im running a windows me i have a flat scree with built in
> speakers i tried them the other day (all pluged in) they didnt work i
> tried another pair of working speakers they dont work what should i do
>
> jake

Make sure they're plugged into the right spot on the sound card. Make sure
that the sound isn't muted. Open the volume control from the control panel.
Turn up the sound all the way and make sure that the box to mute them isn't
ticked. Then, start by turning on a music file, any one will do, and just
set it to repeat/replay. Climb behind your box and plug the cords into any
slot that fits. Usually it will be easy to tell which one it goes into but,
just in case, keep trying that until all possibilities have been explored if
they're not labeled clearly.

Galen