system errors(blue screen) problems

starting getting blue screen problems from different actions but all have the
same error code 06:0000:00000813 but cannot find this code listed any
where.Virus checks and adware programs run but nothing comes up.If any one
has any ideas or can tell me a good place to find a complete list of system
error codes I'd be gratefull.

Thx

pplxd
1 answer Last reply
More about system errors blue screen problems

    The problems you are seeing appear to be being caused by the 891711 hotfix
    with some users having major problems such as you are seeing and others,
    myself included, having none. The cause of the problems and BSODs seem to
    be related to the video chip and version of the driver on the box rather
    than the browser or other software installed.

    If you have installed the 891711 hotfix I would suggest that you consider
    either uninstalling 891711 using Add/Remove Programs where it appears as
    "Windows Millennium Edition KB891711 Update" or perhaps better to prevent
    the KB891711 service being launched each time you boot your PC uncheck the
    KB891711 entry in MSConfig | Startup (Accessed using Start | Run and
    entering MSConfig in the box and clicking OK). Alternatively you could
    use system restore to roll your system back to the state it was in before
    you installed the 891711 hotfix.

    Out of curiosity what video card do you have installed in the affected box
    and what version driver is it using?
    In memory of a very dear friend, Windows MVP Alex Nichol

    Mike Maltby MS-MVP
    mike.maltby@gmail.com

    perplexed again <prplxd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    > starting getting blue screen problems from different actions but all
    > have the same error code 06:0000:00000813 but cannot find this code
    > listed any where.Virus checks and adware programs run but nothing
    > comes up.If any one has any ideas or can tell me a good place to find
    > a complete list of system error codes I'd be gratefull.

Blue Screen Microsoft Windows