Outlook Express ..start

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
March 18, 2005 10:23:02 PM

I remember why i don't use oe. how to get it work for ng.
Istried yesterday and quit. today i received mail welcome to outlook
express.
under more information 'links" and tips visit our newsgroup , I click on it
then the message reads: Outlook Express
The newsgroup 'microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6 outlookexpress' was
not available on the news server 'msnews.microsoft.com'
clicked details:
411 no such newsgroup,
Configuration: Acct msnews.microsf. com, server:msnews.microf. com
Configuration: " " " " "
"
Protocol: NNTTP
repeats same as above Configuration etc.
Protocol NNTP Port 119
Repeats again
Protocol NNTP Port 119
Secure(SSL):0
Repeats above
NNTP Port 119 Secure(SSL):0
Error Number 411
Protocol NNTP Port 119
Secure etc
Error # 411
Code: 800ccca5 click ok.... then

another window pops up: you are not subscribed to any newsgroups in ths
acct. would you like to view avai.etc? clicked yes
Newsgroup Subscriptions box with a list of : microsoft.public.acces...
Display newsgroups which contain: (fill in the blank space) ???
with choices to subscribe /unscubcribe/reset list.
am I getting there?

More about : outlook express start

Anonymous
March 19, 2005 4:15:49 AM

"bonifacia" wrote:
> I remember why i don't use oe. how to get it work for ng.
> Istried yesterday and quit. today i received mail welcome to outlook
> express.
> under more information 'links" and tips visit our newsgroup , I click on it
> then the message reads: Outlook Express
> The newsgroup 'microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6 outlookexpress' was
> not available on the news server 'msnews.microsoft.com'
> clicked details:
> 411 no such newsgroup,
> Configuration: Acct msnews.microsf. com, server:msnews.microf. com
> Configuration: " " " " "
> "
> Protocol: NNTTP
> repeats same as above Configuration etc.
> Protocol NNTP Port 119
> Repeats again
> Protocol NNTP Port 119
> Secure(SSL):0
> Repeats above
> NNTP Port 119 Secure(SSL):0
> Error Number 411
> Protocol NNTP Port 119
> Secure etc
> Error # 411
> Code: 800ccca5 click ok.... then
>
> another window pops up: you are not subscribed to any newsgroups in ths
> acct. would you like to view avai.etc? clicked yes
> Newsgroup Subscriptions box with a list of : microsoft.public.acces...
> Display newsgroups which contain: (fill in the blank space) ???
> with choices to subscribe /unscubcribe/reset list.
> am I getting there?

Start here:
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/resources/communities.ht...

Silj

--
siljaline

MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security (AH-VSOP)
Security Tools Updates
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31

(Reply to group, as return address
is invalid - that we may all benefit)