Outlook Express ..start

I remember why i don't use oe. how to get it work for ng.
Istried yesterday and quit. today i received mail welcome to outlook
express.
under more information 'links" and tips visit our newsgroup , I click on it
then the message reads: Outlook Express
The newsgroup 'microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6 outlookexpress' was
not available on the news server 'msnews.microsoft.com'
clicked details:
411 no such newsgroup,
Configuration: Acct msnews.microsf. com, server:msnews.microf. com
Configuration: " " " " "
"
Protocol: NNTTP
repeats same as above Configuration etc.
Protocol NNTP Port 119
Repeats again
Protocol NNTP Port 119
Secure(SSL):0
Repeats above
NNTP Port 119 Secure(SSL):0
Error Number 411
Protocol NNTP Port 119
Secure etc
Error # 411
Code: 800ccca5 click ok.... then

another window pops up: you are not subscribed to any newsgroups in ths
acct. would you like to view avai.etc? clicked yes
Newsgroup Subscriptions box with a list of : microsoft.public.acces...
Display newsgroups which contain: (fill in the blank space) ???
with choices to subscribe /unscubcribe/reset list.
am I getting there?
1 answer Last reply
More about outlook express start

    "bonifacia" wrote:
    > I remember why i don't use oe. how to get it work for ng.
    > Istried yesterday and quit. today i received mail welcome to outlook
    > express.
    > under more information 'links" and tips visit our newsgroup , I click on it
    > then the message reads: Outlook Express
    > The newsgroup 'microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6 outlookexpress' was
    > not available on the news server 'msnews.microsoft.com'
    > clicked details:
    > 411 no such newsgroup,
    > Configuration: Acct msnews.microsf. com, server:msnews.microf. com
    > Configuration: " " " " "
    > "
    > Protocol: NNTTP
    > repeats same as above Configuration etc.
    > Protocol NNTP Port 119
    > Repeats again
    > Protocol NNTP Port 119
    > Secure(SSL):0
    > Repeats above
    > NNTP Port 119 Secure(SSL):0
    > Error Number 411
    > Protocol NNTP Port 119
    > Secure etc
    > Error # 411
    > Code: 800ccca5 click ok.... then
    >
    > another window pops up: you are not subscribed to any newsgroups in ths
    > acct. would you like to view avai.etc? clicked yes
    > Newsgroup Subscriptions box with a list of : microsoft.public.acces...
    > Display newsgroups which contain: (fill in the blank space) ???
    > with choices to subscribe /unscubcribe/reset list.
    > am I getting there?

    Start here:
    http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/resources/communities.htm#setupmsnews

    Silj

    --
    siljaline

    MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security (AH-VSOP)
    Security Tools Updates
    http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31

    (Reply to group, as return address
    is invalid - that we may all benefit)

Outlook Express Newsgroup Microsoft Windows