System.ini and Win.in files?

In msconfig these two files have been unchecked for months but
everything is working properly. I note that system.ini is updated
(modified) with each reboot. The win.ini hasn't been modified in about
6 months.
Should the computer system be using these files? Or should I leave
well enough alone?
Thanks,

XO <XO@here.com> wrote:

>In msconfig these two files have been unchecked for months but
>everything is working properly. I note that system.ini is updated
>(modified) with each reboot. The win.ini hasn't been modified in about
>6 months.
>Should the computer system be using these files? Or should I leave
>well enough alone?
>Thanks,

System.ini and Win.ini are primarily used for backwards compatibility
with 16 bit Windows applications.

Some system configuration information is taken from entries in the
system.ini file, such as the [vcache] limitation needed with more than
512 mb of RAM.

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP