SpyBot Update 19.03.2005

"TomV" wrote:
> Detection rules - Updated detections (573 KB)

Hi Tom, thanks.
Also ~Beta detections too, For *Advanced Users Only*
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=12404

Regards,
Silj

--
siljaline

MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security (AH-VSOP)
Security Tools Updates
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31

(Reply to group, as return address
is invalid - that we may all benefit)

Thank you, Tom.
And I checked for this last night, with no joy.
It's easier waiting for a 'heads up' anyway.
My Spybot even congratulated me for not having found any immediate threats.

Harry.

"TomV" <t@nospam.net> wrote in message
> Detection rules - Updated detections (573 KB)

http://forums.net-integration.net/index.php?showtopic=29253&st=0&#entry139240

And the immunize issue is solved.

Zee

"oops!!" wrote:

> And the immunize issue is solved.

It would seem that way - fingers crossed.

Silj

--
siljaline

MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security (AH-VSOP)
Security Tools Updates
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31

(Reply to group, as return address
is invalid - that we may all benefit)

Not for me, oops.
I still have 1986 items protected and two to go, but when I click on the
immunize button, it tells me that my Java Cool's SpywareBlaster is giving me
much more control in ActiveX protection and to click on the link to run it.
Could there be a link between the two?
As far as I can see, it is nothing to worry about.
What say ye?

Harry.

"oops!!" <notme@nowhere.com> wrote in message

> And the immunize issue is solved.
>
> Zee
>

> "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
> >
> > Thank you, Tom.
> > And I checked for this last night, with no joy.
> > It's easier waiting for a 'heads up' anyway.
> > My Spybot even congratulated me for not having found any immediate
> threats.
> >
> > Harry.
> >

> > "TomV" <t@nospam.net> wrote in message
> > > Detection rules - Updated detections (573 KB)

http://forums.net-integration.net/index.php?showtopic=29253&st=0&#entry139240

TomV

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002

Did you update to the latest detection rules? Doing so cleared the
immunization issue on my system as well. After updating the detection
rules, close Spybot, reopen it, and then check the immunization status.
If it still reports unprotected item, click Immunize. It should stick.

Yes, there is a link between the Spybot and SpywareBlaster applications
since both set kill bits in the registry to prevent any nasties from
installing on your system. So, in a sense they are both "immunizing"
your system. And no, even if you're still showing 2 items in Spybot
needing protection even with the latest detection rules, it's nothing to
worry about.

webster72n wrote:
> Not for me, oops.
> I still have 1986 items protected and two to go, but when I click on the
> immunize button, it tells me that my Java Cool's SpywareBlaster is giving me
> much more control in ActiveX protection and to click on the link to run it.
> Could there be a link between the two?
> As far as I can see, it is nothing to worry about.
> What say ye?
>
> Harry.

I stand corrected, oops.
Once I disabled the permanent blocking in IE and then immediately after
checking 'immunize' with negative results reenabled it, I received the
message that all items were already blocked, meaning all's ok. at this end
too.
Don't know why this maneuver was necessary, but I tried it twice before with
'no joy' and simply by trying this little trick, I found the solution.
Trying sometimes beats studying.
Thanks for your communication.

Harry.

> Not for me, oops.
> I still have 1986 items protected and two to go, but when I click on the
> immunize button, it tells me that my Java Cool's SpywareBlaster is giving
me
> much more control in ActiveX protection and to click on the link to run
it.
> Could there be a link between the two?
> As far as I can see, it is nothing to worry about.
> What say ye?
>
> Harry.
>

> "oops!!" <notme@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> >
> > And the immunize issue is solved.
> >
> > Zee
> >

> > "webster72n" <hbethke@copper.net> wrote in message
> > >
> > > Thank you, Tom.
> > > And I checked for this last night, with no joy.
> > > It's easier waiting for a 'heads up' anyway.
> > > My Spybot even congratulated me for not having found any immediate
> > threats.
> > >
> > > Harry.
> > >

> > > "TomV" <t@nospam.net> wrote in message

http://forums.net-integration.net/index.php?showtopic=29253&st=0&#entry139240

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

Just a heads-up for all XP and 2K users, the SB 3/19/05 update still leaves
behind some corrupt registry entries as discussed in the SB forums here:
http://forums.net-integration.net/index.php?showtopic=29259&st=0

Steve
(aka DSL_Steve)

"siljaline" <siljaline@nospam.com> wrote in message
> "oops!!" wrote:
> >
> > And the immunize issue is solved.
>
> It would seem that way - fingers crossed.
>
> Silj
>
> --
> siljaline
>
> MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security (AH-VSOP)
> Security Tools Updates
> http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31
>
> (Reply to group, as return address
> is invalid - that we may all benefit)

Harry,

Glad to read your good news.

I had no problems: download update, immunize, check again... all Ok at first
time.

Cheers,

Zee