Transfer files from Pocket PC to PC

August 17, 2004 3:07:03 PM

Hi Guys
When setting up my Ipaq 4150 and Sony ericsson phone to
either discover services of my pc using win XP SP2 with
its native bluetooth software, these two devices
cannot "see" windows services for my PC. I can also not
tranfer files to my PC using "Recieve files" on the PC. I
can however recieve files to both devices from my PC.My
friend came to me now with his nokia and was able to
communicate with the PC however and send and recieve
files to it. What am I doing wrong. Surely the handheld
must be able to send files to the PC without active sinc
Please try and help
Thanks
Michél

More about : transfer files pocket

August 17, 2004 4:17:02 PM

I read last week some known issues with XP SP2 ... have you checked the Known
Issues list?

"Mike" wrote:

> Hi Guys
> When setting up my Ipaq 4150 and Sony ericsson phone to
> either discover services of my pc using win XP SP2 with
> its native bluetooth software, these two devices
> cannot "see" windows services for my PC. I can also not
> tranfer files to my PC using "Recieve files" on the PC. I
> can however recieve files to both devices from my PC.My
> friend came to me now with his nokia and was able to
> communicate with the PC however and send and recieve
> files to it. What am I doing wrong. Surely the handheld
> must be able to send files to the PC without active sinc
> Please try and help
> Thanks
> Michél
Anonymous
August 17, 2004 10:57:19 PM

Which Sony Ericsson phone do you have?
I think the t610 had an older version of bt. bt can be flakey though, I've
got a nk6600 and sometimes it will play with the PC and sometimes it won't.
Haven't got all of SP2 yet so can't discuss Windows native drivers. My bt
dongle is a Belkin.
Ray
> Hi Guys
> When setting up my Ipaq 4150 and Sony ericsson phone to
> either discover services of my pc using win XP SP2 with
> its native bluetooth software, these two devices
> cannot "see" windows services for my PC. I can also not
> tranfer files to my PC using "Recieve files" on the PC. I
> can however recieve files to both devices from my PC.My
> friend came to me now with his nokia and was able to
> communicate with the PC however and send and recieve
> files to it. What am I doing wrong. Surely the handheld
> must be able to send files to the PC without active sinc
> Please try and help
> Thanks
> Michél
Related resources
August 17, 2004 10:57:20 PM

Ericsson T630. Another interesting thing. My Ipaq 4150 also won't send files
to the PC. Howcome Nokia's do it and Windows Pocket PC also does not talk to
XP SP2?
Cheers
Mike

"Ray Cheshire" wrote:

> Which Sony Ericsson phone do you have?
> I think the t610 had an older version of bt. bt can be flakey though, I've
> got a nk6600 and sometimes it will play with the PC and sometimes it won't.
> Haven't got all of SP2 yet so can't discuss Windows native drivers. My bt
> dongle is a Belkin.
> Ray
> "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Guys
> > When setting up my Ipaq 4150 and Sony ericsson phone to
> > either discover services of my pc using win XP SP2 with
> > its native bluetooth software, these two devices
> > cannot "see" windows services for my PC. I can also not
> > tranfer files to my PC using "Recieve files" on the PC. I
> > can however recieve files to both devices from my PC.My
> > friend came to me now with his nokia and was able to
> > communicate with the PC however and send and recieve
> > files to it. What am I doing wrong. Surely the handheld
> > must be able to send files to the PC without active sinc
> > Please try and help
> > Thanks
> > Michél

Anonymous
October 17, 2004 10:41:10 AM

I would venture a guess that this is an OEM ActiveSync installation issue.
For instance, I downloaded ActiveSync 3.7 from Microsoft Downloads and my
Dell Axim X3 would not work at all. I had to use the CD that came with the
device. Could it be that your installation is from a different
manufacturer's CD? Just a guess.
!